Homebrew Where do you put emulator files?

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because that's not a vague question at ALL.

Seriously, nobody's going to know what the heck you're talking about. You really need to be more descriptive if you expect help.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
As others have said, depends on the emu. Usually it doesn't matter where the .nds is, but the roms need to be in a seperate folder mentioned in the readme.

wtf.gif

Anyways, if you want any playable games. Then you're gonna use Ideas or no$gba and those can be installed anywhere you want to.
Location of the ROM's can be anywhere as well, the save files are normally stored in a local folder inside the emulator folder though.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Killermech said:
mysticwaterfall said:
As others have said, depends on the emu. Usually it doesn't matter where the .nds is, but the roms need to be in a seperate folder mentioned in the readme.

wtf.gif

Anyways, if you want any playable games. Then you're gonna use Ideas or no$gba and those can be installed anywhere you want to.
Location of the ROM's can be anywhere as well, the save files are normally stored in a local folder inside the emulator folder though.

I was assuming he meant an emulator on the ds itself. And some of those won't work unless there roms are in a specific folder.

Killermech

Cookie Monster
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
mysticwaterfall said:
Killermech said:
mysticwaterfall said:

wtf.gif

I was assuming he meant an emulator on the ds itself. And some of those won't work unless there roms are in a specific folder.

Now that you mention it. I completely forgot that he could be talking about emulators for the DS. I thought he meant DS emulators.. urgh..
Gotta love these guys
smileipb2.png

I_Got_Wii'D

Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
If its an NES emulator:

make a folder on the ROOT of the MicroSD card named "NES" then make two folders inside it (ROMS and SAVES) put the roms in the rom folder.

If SNES:

Make a folder on the ROOT of the MicroSD card named "SNES" then make the two folders (ROMS and SAVES) and put roms in the roms folder.

basically do this for whatever emulator you are using (Naming the folder on the ROOT to the correct name based on the emulator you are using).

hope this helps.

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I_Got_Wii'D said:
If its an NES emulator:

make a folder on the ROOT of the MicroSD card named "NES" then make two folders inside it (ROMS and SAVES) put the roms in the rom folder.

If SNES:

Make a folder on the ROOT of the MicroSD card named "SNES" then make the two folders (ROMS and SAVES) and put roms in the roms folder.

basically do this for whatever emulator you are using (Naming the folder on the ROOT to the correct name based on the emulator you are using).

hope this helps.
Um... that's not going to work at all for either NES DS or SNEmulDS. NES DS doesn't care where you put games, but it's going to put save files in the same folder. SNEmulDS wants everything in "/SNES/" but again, don't separate out the saves or you won't be able to use them.

Meatbrain

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
myspace.com
XP
Country
United States
Oh god it's the smurfbear! Hide your children!!!

But anyways, yeah, put the emulator files in the root of the card, put the roms in a folder.

(is the word "p-e-d-o" not allowed or something? I tried to say p-e-d-obear)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/_NsOxG2zwWA?si=oK21qVNxgd98AyJT