Where did you preorder SX OS / Pro from?

Where did you preorder SX OS / Pro from?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
D

Deleted-351540

Didn't get any response from switchsx for 6 hours. However, someone suggested earlier to use the 'contact us' form and provide order/pp info. They responded fast and replied to the submitted form's outline, strangely enough through their stated gmail address. I'm not sure why sending a direct email didn't work, but give the 'contact us' form a shot.
Two hours after sending them a message through the "Contact Us" form I still haven't gotten an email. I'm going to go with a different supplier.

I give up.

Edit: Just bought from ModchipsDirect. Used my prepaid credit card. Worked great. Got confirmation immediately with an ETA on when it ships (June 15-20). Those of you having issues with SwitchSX, give MCD a try. No complaints from me!

Second Edit: it's coming from Michigan via USPS. That's fantastic considering I'm in Indiana.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: comput3rus3r

KamelRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pre-ordered a Pro kit from 3ds-flashcard, sent in PayPal funds, and my order status was upgraded to 'Payment Accepted' a few hours later.

Reactions: Mark2333

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Two hours after sending them a message through the "Contact Us" form I still haven't gotten an email. I'm going to go with a different supplier.

I give up.

Edit: Just bought from ModchipsDirect. Used my prepaid credit card. Worked great. Got confirmation immediately with an ETA on when it ships (June 15-20). Those of you having issues with SwitchSX, give MCD a try. No complaints from me!

Second Edit: it's coming from Michigan via USPS. That's fantastic considering I'm in Indiana.
I've used Modchipsdirect before so had to go with them. I was thinking to order from 3ds-flashcart.com as well. I ordered from MDC because it ships from USA however i bought things in the past from MDC and 3ds-flashcart.com at the same time and my shipment from 3ds-flashcart.com came faster. so go figure.

WiiuGold

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've used Modchipsdirect before so had to go with them. I was thinking to order from 3ds-flashcart.com as well. I ordered from MDC because it ships from USA however i bought things in the past from MDC and 3ds-flashcart.com at the same time and my shipment from 3ds-flashcart.com came faster. so go figure.
They got a warehouse in U.S too :)

Reactions: kramer987

Swan1360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
DB4E9EA5-C7C8-4C1E-9406-A11A9E638CDB.jpeg
ModchipDirect is the best option if you’re in the us $45 with 1-5 day shipping

Reactions: kramer987

LysergCooltyp

I don't know why the microwave burns
Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, same for the sites listed in Germany. Every site listed unter Germany is just a google translated chinese page with shipping cost higher than the product price iself.
That's why I bought from Elespiel.com - total was about 40 cents more than SwitchSX however they provide proper german customer support and the site has been around for nearly a decade.

Attachments

• rechnung.png
    rechnung.png
    8.5 KB · Views: 182

horokeusama

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
The OS is just the OS and the Pro version includes the OS and the TOOLS{dongle}

Oh, ok i get it now. It's a matter of time to people crack their OS and release it on filetrip lol.

I still don't think there's need to pay what they're asking for a simple dongle. A USB cable would work the same way.

Last edited by horokeusama,

Maximilious

Whistles a familiar tune
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just ordered from ModChip Direct. If SwitchSX has 300+ preorders I have a feeling most may not see their SX until second or third production cycle.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i don't understand is they say you install only once but where does it install to? is this a permanent modification? what if i don't want it on my system anymore?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We're also gonna need cfw for the SX OS. I mean we're gonna need to make a backup of the OS

D

Deleted-351540

I've ordered from MCD before too. That's why when I saw they were on the reseller list today (they weren't yesterday), I immediately bought from them.

Go figure, I just got an email from SwitchSX. They're shipping from China though, so I'm glad I got it from MCD instead.

KamelRed

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What i don't understand is they say you install only once but where does it install to? is this a permanent modification? what if i don't want it on my system anymore?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

We're also gonna need cfw for the SX OS. I mean we're gonna need to make a backup of the OS

Common opinion is that you need to install the OS everytime you turn on the system. So theoretically you would never have to re-install it as along as the system isn't turned off or crashes. Conversely if you no longer wanted to run the OS you would simply turn your system off and then back on.

However, no one but the devs know for sure at this point.

comput3rus3r

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Common opinion is that you need to install the OS everytime you turn on the system. So theoretically you would never have to re-install it as along as the system isn't turned off or crashes. Conversely if you no longer wanted to run the OS you would simply turn your system off and then back on.

However, no one but the devs know for sure at this point.
They say install once which leads me to think that it installs to nand (i'm hoping this is not the case)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: If pills could make us full with all the probiotics we need would being a pill popper still be bad