Maav

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You didn't say what region games you're looking for. :V

@Edit

Ugh, I thought this was the PSP section. You mean the console itself. Playasia has Vitas, I think.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No import store are selling the hardware itself at a reasonable price right now. they aren't low at stock and they are very easy to get. they should be no more than 375 USD for (conversion rate makes wifi about 320 dollars + profit + etc) if you ask me. Luckily I know people in Japan so I used my own credit card to order from a Japanese vendor, have it shipped to their house and then to me. A middleman involved but was able to get it all for 330ish including shipping

if you must, i think NCSX was the cheapest right now? I remember seeing Wifi for like 475ish

B3astinSnipes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the info guys...Really wish Sony would just release the American version earlier. I mean honestly, two months later for the same system is a little sad. The reason I wanted to import it was because I could just set the language in English and have the whole system understandable. Sure games wont be English, but games like MvC3 dont need to be read, just played... Oh well, guess I'm going to have to wait, seeing those prices scared me :(

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For those of us on the delayed-release end of the cash register, localization delays really suck...
But I would rather they got their shit right on the Japanese system with some trial and error in the launch of the unit, before releasing something also flawed in their larger markets.
One of the biggest flops in recent gaming history was Square Enix's Final Fantasy 14, in my opinion that was largely in part due to the efforts that went into an international multilanguage simultaneous release. They worked so hard on making it release everywhere at once they didn't invest the proper amount of development into getting the damned game working well (in both interface and gameplay). On the other hand they released their prior MMO, FF11 a few seasons before the North American and European releases and by the time it was ready for the international public, it actually came with a whole expansion pack too.

djricekcn

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks for the info guys...Really wish Sony would just release the American version earlier. I mean honestly, two months later for the same system is a little sad. The reason I wanted to import it was because I could just set the language in English and have the whole system understandable. Sure games wont be English, but games like MvC3 dont need to be read, just played... Oh well, guess I'm going to have to wait, seeing those prices scared me :(

not all games but somes games will go into English mode even for a Japanese release games if you set your system into English, just like the PS3. Uncharted becomes all English in English system language

fgghjjkll

GBATemp MegaMan
Trophies
XP
Sony consoles are mostly region free. The Vita will be entirely region free, (Unless they introduce shit similar to UMD Movies) so you wont have any problems purchasing your games here and not being able to play them on your imported console.

sukoshi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I got mine from StufFromJapan (@gmail.com).

They use Fedex for sending them, so no hassle regarding the Li-ion battery.

They sell the device cheaper then Play-Asia for example : 399 euros (something like 530$ i presume) including shipping for a 3G version, and 349 euros for a WiFi version, accessories and games are sold barely the same price as the retail price if bought with the device :-)

Cheers :)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: I thought it was duck season, not... king kong season....