Gaming When to expect flashcart, CFW: 2020, 2023?

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thats some dns change with js notification
doesnt sound way too difficult

Maybe not, but it should occur to you that the browser was locked out for a reason, they likely realized that it had a vulnerability, else they would have pitched this as an additional feature, and not hid it away. This is speculative, but it honestly makes sense.

dubbz82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
These sorts of threads popped up shortly after the 3ds was released as well, don't be too surprised. Everyone wants their free games, and they want them yesterday (literally in this case).

Reactions: TankedThomas

Blue

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Maybe not, but it should occur to you that the browser was locked out for a reason, they likely realized that it had a vulnerability, else they would have pitched this as an additional feature, and not hid it away. This is speculative, but it honestly makes sense.
He admitted that he'd 'been found out' it was just a joke :P

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
2999419.jpg

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
They are not dumb... The developers that did "hide" the browser or figured you need a browser to login to certain public WiFi, knew exactly people could exploit the router/dns/whatever into making it display normal web pages
I dont believe they are dumb and so naive...
The browser is not locked neither hidden, the reason they didn't make it an icon you can freely launch I think it was more related about parental Controls or they figured it out that they didn't want to support it since we can use our phones and tablets for everything and no one ever used the 3ds browser

And like I said earlier, the OS of the switch may be in an early stage.. They can pretty much release a firmware update to officially release the browser when the console matures..
Maybe the browser was not extensible tested, and they needed to release the console, so they included it for compatibility with public WiFi for now,but will announce the browser (and upgrade it) at later time

K

KingpinSlim

1st of July 2019.
The release-party will be at around 12:02.
There will have been a delay of two minutes because the applause from the crowd at the press-event was to loud.
Store-availability will officially be the day after, but some shops will already have stocked them that very evening.
Also? This thread is pointless. You KNEW it would be pointless.
You were aware from the start that this thread would serve no purpose whatsoever and yet your life means so little to you that you chose to waste it.
I mean, fine, that is up to you, but look at all these good people who actually tried to answer you.
you wasted THEIR time, too.
There is no punishment harsh enough for this.

Last edited by ,
Reactions: gnmmarechal

goldensun87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My guess is, like the 3DS, no one is going to care too much about hacking the console, until a mainline Pokemon game is released on it.

TankedThomas

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
No one knows, no one cares. It'll happen when it happens and that's that. The console isn't even popular enough to warrant it yet.

We may even see Android loaded onto the thing with an exploit that way, or it could be as barebones as running Linux on a PS3/PS4. Again, no one really knows. Just watch the usual sites and Twitter accounts and you'll know if anything happens. If not, none of us can give you a better answer.

D

Deleted User

I'm actually gonna guess it's going to happen sooner than we all think. The big guys(smea, plutoo, yls8) are kinda alluding to it being very similar to 3DS and that it won't be super difficult on Twitter

lefthandsword

Trophies
XP
Country
Hong Kong
It's too early to say anything about EL3/TrustZone but userland homebrew could happen much sooner than we thought.

I'm putting my bets on 34c3 for the first public homebrew releases.

Last edited by lefthandsword,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I really don't want to buy this fap tab...