Gaming When is Nintendo gonna announce the Virtual Console for the Switch?

Kourin

Touhou Maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
'

So?

Actually...the Head of Nintendo of Japan said this. Fis-Amee does NOT run Nintendo :)

...or an explanation of the planned strategy. As hinted at by, you know, the guy that *runs Nintendo*. We have so far seen this strategy in play: Standalones of ports with modern stuff added in. The only thing Nintendo has said about *their* offerings that is definitive is "we plan to Retro Game of The Month" with an option to buy. Since NOJ's head has stated "older games, modern features"...It is pretty much a given that this is what they want to do :)

There is a saying "Perception is Reality". Nintendo does not seem, this time around, to *want to be* th Good Ol' Games Platform. They seem to be aiming squarely at Good Ol' *Gameplay* with new IP.

My biggest issue I think with this whole notion, personally, is the entitlement - they are not going to let people "redownload" the New Old Stuff for free...people will piss and moan. There is also this sense of almost...entitlement around the whole thing. It is just weird. I played all of these things in the 80s, 90s, 00s when they first came out...then some again on "Virtual Console".

It was novel 10 years ago. :)

Pretty much none of this has anything to do with the subject at hand and doesn't affect Nintendo throwing up a few emulated ROMs on the eShop in the same vein that whoever was behind the NeoGeo ports did. We pretty much have VC right now, just no Nintendo VC.

Why would Nintendo scrap a system that prints money for little to no effort?

What is your source that Nintendo's president has no interest in VC?

They let people transfer their purchased VC to the Wii U for a very small price which while shitty, was still something they did. They could either do the same thing or pull a Playstation and do cross-buy.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1