What's Your Latest Game Boy Purchase?

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Pokemon Ruby , Sapphire, Emerald, and FireRed. A piece of Sapphire's back case is cracked, I'm thinking of buying a fake one to take the back case off of it and put it on my real one, but I'm not sure on how legit it'll look

GaJitt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been lurking these forums for a very long time, figured I would chime in. I just got back into anything Game boy and I got a crap ton of stuff lately. Recently I bought pokemon red, blue, and yellow together for $20, legit pokemon emerald, metroid zero mission, zelda oracle of seasons, NIB GB Micro, an orange gba shell and backlight kit, breath if fire II and megaman zero 4. Now I am trying to hunt down a EZ Flash IV.

Reactions: Randall402

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
A Japanese Pokemon Gold for about $9. At a local game store too...not online. Usually where I live any Pokemon game is $30-$35 so the fact it was cheaper and an import it was a pretty great price. Cartridge only, of course ^_^

dragonblood9999

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the last 2 games that i bought for gbc was Zelda Oracle of Ages and Dragon Warrior 3 together for 20€ + 2€ for shipping
the seller wanted 15€ each but i talked him down for 10€ each.
i have beaten Oracle of Ages, i think 6 times now, but i still have not started DW3, i have started it but have only played about 2-3 hours.
i was offered 25€ for Zelda OoA and 45€ for DW 1 & 2 ,3. i might sell OoA and buy the VC versions when i get my 3ds but i don't think i will sell my DW games

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A Japanese Pokemon Gold for about $9. At a local game store too...not online. Usually where I live any Pokemon game is $30-$35 so the fact it was cheaper and an import it was a pretty great price. Cartridge only, of course ^_^

Yeah, it drives me crazy on how much people charge for Pokemon games. Anyway, the Japanese versions are actually pretty cheap online

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-BOY-Lo...921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46124eb5a9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Mons...794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33848457a2

anthonyplep

(´ε` )
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, it drives me crazy on how much people charge for Pokemon games. Anyway, the Japanese versions are actually pretty cheap online

http://www.ebay.com/itm/GAME-BOY-Lo...921?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item46124eb5a9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pocket-Mons...794?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item33848457a2

I sure as heck wouldn't even pay $20 for a cart. Maybe for Gold as it's my favorite Pokemon game...but last year I bought Green, Red, Blue, Yellow (Japanese versions) for a total of $40 which is $10 per cart. If I sold them locally I can only imagine how much I'd get

Reactions: Randall402

Bart Lemming

Gēmu Bōi mikuro
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just got myself a nice copy of Bruce Lee. It comes with a small poster and I thought it would be cool in my new flat when I move to China next week... :)

Cost me £30 CIB though. I don't know if that's a good price but it seemed fair to me.

tvoretz

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I nabbed an Australian Pokemon Sapphire for 19 (US) bucks. Battery was dead, but it was in great condition, and I'm comfortable enough with a soldering iron to replace the battery. There has been an influx of apparently real GBA Pokemon games on ebay since I bought it, but they were harder to find at the time, I had been burned once before, and no one counterfeits the Australian release. :P

Catastrophic

Perfectly Normal
Trophies
XP
Country
I spent most of my dough on building a good GBA hardware collection, and so far I'm fairly proud of it. :yaysp:
DSC02822.jpg
The only unit I'm missing is a frontlit SP, I only have backlit ones. And yes I know the DS isn't actually a GBA but it plays GBA games so what the heck.

D

Deleted User

Pokemon Red (Jap) and Pokemon Green (Jap), I needed them for my pokemon collection.

MRsonic699

Trophies
Website
soundcloud.com
XP
Country
Gunstar Future Heroes, Zelda Four Swords, Golden Sun, Fire Emblem the Sacred Stones, F-Zero Maximum Velocity, and a Supercard Mini SD in a package. Hopefully those games will be really great and the SC should satisfy my needs for games I can't acquire :lol:

andre104623

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just wondering what others are buying (if they are buying!) for their Game Boy collection.

Yesterday I received a copy of Racing Gears Advance. The box is covered in stickers but the cart is in great shape and the game is brilliant. I also, finally, bought a copy of Urban Yeti. I haven't played it yet but I'm looking forward to playing this quirky GTA-like.

Still waiting on my GB Boy Colour clones but I can't wait!

So, what have you bought recently?

I just bought a Gameboy player for gamecube without boot disc for $9.99US. I also ordered a supercard mini sd for it and downloaded the boot disc for the gameboy player. Should work fine with my xeno gc chipped gamecube just waiting for the mail

Reactions: Ozito

Joe88

[λ]
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you should have got a ez flash iv instead
sc minisd has alot of problems with gba games as it was mainly designed to actually play ds games instead (this was before slot-1 flashcarts existed)

Heien

Trophies
XP
Country
My last gba purchase... Hmm if remember correct it was a pokemon shiny gold cart. Oh i knew it was a fan made game when i was buying it but it was way cheaper than an electronic(except pc) to emulate it. Aww man now i miss my gba :cry:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)