Hacking What's to stop Nintendo from reading these forums?

jakeyjake

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
While there nothing to say they cant read these forums there's also not much of a reason FOR them to look, its not like anyones posting source codes for 3DS hacking software :I

But just as you guys have hacked the systems, which have security teams working on their protection, I'm sure they could give every single update, OS, and cart a thurough dissection, and find out exactly how we are currently hacked in, and then block whatever they need to block. Which may be why DSi mode and 3ds mode are so hard to crack.

reaper527

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
omg imagine if they got our friend codes from on here and if we were talking about hacking, like at all, they banned us D: eep

or bricked us! double eep D:

based on what proof? they only have circumstantial evidence. what is to stop me from putting your friend code in my signature and saying things nintendo wouldn't approve of? besides, if sony and microsoft aren't doing this (which they don't because as i said, it is a terrible idea), there is no way in hell nintendo is going to, since nintendo obviously doesn't give a shit about their online gaming platform.

philip11

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Whats to stop Nintendo from going to our own house and killing us :) seriosly though we are only hacking it for homebrew and we are not hosting ROM's so we have nothing to hide

Dolei

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
Whats to stop Nintendo from going to our own house and killing us :) seriosly though we are only hacking it for homebrew and we are not hosting ROM's so we have nothing to hide

but other people will use the same hack, or at least it will aid them, in achieving piracy

Quanno

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands

but other people will use the same hack, or at least it will aid them, in achieving piracy

Who's responsible, the one who shot the person, or the one who made the gun?

Reactions: 1 person

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country
actally i think that flash cards raise the sells of the 3ds.
cuz ppl arnt gonna buy it just to pay alot of money on a game that might suck.
so with the flash being there and all ppl r gonna buy the 3ds

Kemosabe-TBC

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Which is bad for Nintendo, because they make money out of the games NOT the console. Right now they're selling the 3DS cheaper than what it's costing them to produce it, which means they're losing money per unit sold.

Reactions: 2 people

Click This

Surgite!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Which is bad for Nintendo, because they make money out of the games NOT the console. Right now they're selling the 3DS cheaper than what it's costing them to produce it, which means they're losing money per unit sold.

And, if the 3DS is hacked, would be a vicious cycle. Because Nintendo has to make up its losses on the 3DS console, games are more expensive. Because games are more expensive, more people will try to turn to piracy.
With some luck, Nintendo may release a '3DS Lite' to cover costs. :)

haxan

Trophies
XP
Country

And, if the 3DS is hacked, would be a vicious cycle. Because Nintendo has to make up its losses on the 3DS console, games are more expensive. Because games are more expensive, more people will try to turn to piracy.
With some luck, Nintendo may release a '3DS Lite' to cover costs. :)

oh yeah u guys r right.
well at least the hacking is good for us (:

totalnoob617

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know about that ,are you sure the 3ds is selling at a loss? last gen nintendo was the only one making a profit on hardware with the wii and ds, ,i know sony was loosing and MS too
i dont think there loosing money on consoles anymore, i dont think anyone is now

fishykipper

pkmn breeder
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
uuuuuum not really illegal in the UK, you can buy them in multiple shops.
its illegal to pirate the .nds / .gba ROM files.

flashcards can legally be sold for homebrew development.

well that was my understanding, having bought multiple flashcards in the UK.

funem

Retro Powered..
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmmm, if Nintendo buy flashcarts to enable them to block them, they would be breaking the law they helped create.

I can see the courtroom now......... (wibbly wobbly camera effect)

Prosecutor. "So, Mr Hacker, did you purchase one of the illegal flashcarts and put copies of roms onto them ? Were you aware it was illegal to own these carts and copies of the ROM binaries, even if you owned the original game."

Mr Hacker “Yes I did, I am so sorry”

Smiles and nods from the Nintendo prosecutors table.

Nintendo Rep takes the stand.

Mr Hackers Defence “So Mr Nintendo representative. Does Nintendo own one of these illegal flashcarts ?”
Nintendo Rep “Erm yes we do”
Mr Hackers Defence “How many do you own ?”
Nintendo Rep “Erm, we own a number of them”
Mr Hackers Defence “All of the makes and models of flash carts”
Nintendo Rep “Oh, Erm yes”
Mr Hackers Defence “How many of each”
Nintendo Rep “Quite a few we need them for, erm, testing,”
Mr Hackers Defence “Do you copy game roms on them to test ?”
Nintendo Rep “Yes we have to”
Mr Hackers Defence “Even though its illegal to have copies of games on flashcarts, even if you own the game”
Nintendo Rep “Erm, Ah, erm…. Oh Shit”

(Dont bother picking holes in it, just said it for a laugh :P )

EDIT - Flashcarts are illegal in the UK and have been for some time :_ http://www.joystiq.com/2010/07/28/r4-and-other-nintendo-ds-flashcarts-outlawed-in-uk/

gamefan5

Kid Icarus Uprising connoiseur
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Reactions: 2 people

Weaselpipe

Erratic Temp user
Trophies
XP
Country
It's more likely that Nintendo would browse this sort of forum (along with another one we daren't speak of as it used to host roms) whenever a BIG DEVELOPMENT occurs- as soon as the internet gets wind of any type of new hack for a system a flood of new posters and people who haven't logged on in ages swoops in. Also when a major game comes out with AP, I suspect they watch and chuckle- as well as monitoring how long it took to get through the AP this time

vashgs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i dont know about that ,are you sure the 3ds is selling at a loss? last gen nintendo was the only one making a profit on hardware with the wii and ds, ,i know sony was loosing and MS too
i dont think there loosing money on consoles anymore, i dont think anyone is now

No, he's not sure about that. Nintendo refuses to sell at a loss, and the 3DS is no exception.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
No shit they read these forums... Every company does that. The very same day someone shared what game can exploit Vita's PSP emu Sony pulled it from the online store

Erringtry

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, he's not sure about that. Nintendo refuses to sell at a loss, and the 3DS is no exception.
Iwata said they were not profitable with the 3DS, because the slow start didn't let them ramp up production to where economies of scale really start to matter. He expects the 3DS to be profitable starting April. (Source)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Probably because the game cover looks like it's meant for little kids