Hacking What's the best flashcard to play NDS games?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
This thread is appropriate to my current issue. i found my old gw blue card and im trying to get it running, but i think i need that patch that removes the flashcart blacklist. can anyone tell me where to find it?

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This thread is appropriate to my current issue. i found my old gw blue card and im trying to get it running, but i think i need that patch that removes the flashcart blacklist. can anyone tell me where to find it?
you shouldn't need it with luma. Otherwise, just download an older twl_firm and install it. Any trouble installing it, simply delete the currently installed version (although... I'm not sure how well this works still if you're using upgraded sysnand. EDIT: Either way, you can't possibly brick your 2/3DS by trying (as long as you don't delete the wrong title). Worst that can happen is you break twl_firm and if you are able to break that, you are able to fix it.)

Last edited by urherenow,
Reactions: WeedZ

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Bit late but... any R4 that has a year in the name has a time bomb hardcoded in and stops working after 2 years or so, unless you turn the DS system clock back. To my knowledge, the best flashcarts are from r4ids.cn and r4i-sdhc.com in that order.
are you trolling or is this a real thing? and if its real what cards don't do this

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
you shouldn't need it with luma. Otherwise, just download an older twl_firm and install it. Any trouble installing it, simply delete the currently installed version (although... I'm not sure how well this works still if you're using upgraded sysnand. EDIT: Either way, you can't possibly brick your 2/3DS by trying (as long as you don't delete the wrong title). Worst that can happen is you break twl_firm and if you are able to break that, you are able to fix it.)
I actually didn't have to do anything. The gw is junk and the pins had a bad connection. It worked after a few tries. So luma does indeed patch on its own. Thanks for the help.

Pokem

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You do realize that GBA VC is almost exactly like playing a GBA and you don't want emulation? you realize getting a flash cart will EMULATE gba?, any closer is buying a GBA console.
I know about GBA VC... lol... and I want to buy a flashcard to emulate DS games.

LuigiXHero

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Btw flash cards are not nds emulation. All it does is makes it so you can run roms like a regular cart.

Iirc gba vc is also using the ds mode which has support for gba natively. Correct me if im wrong though.

TherealDarknes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i would not recommend the the dstwo its very expensive is terrible on the battery and the only thing it can emulate well are gb and gbc games not even nes games run well its also not the best put together kind of shoddy on some of the build quality
i figured out the issue with nes emulation and it now works pretty decently but the big selling points of snes and gba emulation still aren't well made

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Xdqwerty can we discuss chrono trigger