Hacking What's after joining .001 files?

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I used HJSplit and joined the .001 files of Super Smash Bros Melee, and the resulting file is simply a "file." It's not an iso file or rar file or anything, just a file with no extention. What am I supposed to do with this file? This is also the case for Smarty Pants.

I went on to make an attempt at burning the file to a DVD via Imgburn, but it gives me a message that the image format is not supported. I tried renaming the file to a .iso file, which doesn't help at all. I also tried renaming it to a .rar file and extracting, which doesn't work either. What do I do to get it all to work?

kobykaan

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
as above use WINRAR or 7ZIP DONT JOIN you really dont need too just use winrar or 7zip and just right click the lowest numbered file eg 001 and choose EXTRACT here and it will unpack the files in sequence and automatically join them into a single file .. usually an ISO image file
smile.gif

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you got them off a newsgroup then just grab the regular par2 file (not volxx+xx.par2) and use QuickPar. It's a good way to determine if .001s are actually RAR archives or just a split file. As long as the poster did it properly it will recombine the iso for you if it is a split file or otherwise elude to it being a RAR archive.

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have Winrar and I use it on a normal basis for extractions. This time tho, when I right click the .001 file, I have the options of "Add to archive" or "Compress and email." There is no extracting option as it should.

I'll try 7zip

Cracker: I did not get this via newsgroup, so there is no par file.

xJonny

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
.r00, .r01 are winrar files, .001 and things are hjsplit i think.
Try renaming it into other file extensions or look for more info from where you got it from

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just used 7zip to extract files. It created a new folder, and within the new folder is a .gcm file (around 1.35 gb). What do I do with this?

Rice923

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
xJonny said:
A GCM is a "GameCube Image File"

I don't know, but see if renaming to an ISO makes it readable in an iso virtual drive/viewer

Thanks a lot! Finally got it to work this way.

Thanks to everyone else too.

edit: Is it safe to use wiiscrubber on GC backup iso?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: You allrriiiight?