Best Girl ʕ •ᴥ•ʔ
OP
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
We've all had that moment. You've had a bad day and someone's been constantly messing with you, it's the same thing over and over again (for example, them throwing something at you every day) you're fed up with them and you just snap. To anyone else, it seems like you're crazy but to you it makes sense, they deserve it. So you yell at them, or you punch them. Maybe both, I dunno. You just do something crazy.
I'll give my story. When I was 11 I used to go to this sort of daycare over summer break. It was run at someone's house and the person who ran it had 2 kids who both went to my school. One of them was a 15ish-year-old girl in 8th grade and the other one (let's say his name was Brian, it wasn't his real name though) was a grade higher than me and lemme tell you, Brian was a dick. There were other boys my age there and we would play around in his backyard but he was always rude to me, he would talk about me behind my back and to my face and it was annoying as hell.
So he had a bunch of those toy lightsabers, you know the ones. They were plastic and cheap and expanded like a telescope. The other kids and I would play around in the backyard with the lightsabers pretending we were Sith and Jedis and stuff. We played a game kind of like tag where the person who was it had to hit someone with a lightsaber to make them it. It was my turn to be it and I had the lightsaber. Brian was shit talking me and telling me I couldn't catch him. Unluckily for him, I was a fast kid.
Now, I'm not the type of person to get angry, like ever. But for some reason, this just pushed me over the edge. I had the power in my hands and red in my vision. I just snapped man, I ran at him as fast as I could and I was yelling the whole way. I knocked him down and kept on hitting him with the lightsaber until I stopped at some point. He was crying but I don't think it was because of the pain (I was a scrawny little kid and I'm pretty sure I did next to no damage to him) I think he was crying because of the shock of being hit by some kid who he thought was a wimp.
Needless to say, he wasn't a jerk to me anymore after that and I felt cool. I've never snapped like that since.

TL;DR: I beat the shit out of a bully with a toy lightsaber.
So, do you have a story to tell?

Last edited by Seliph,

drenal

that guy
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i don't have any major incidents that i can remember, all i can remember right now are just minor ones, like yelling at my brother after he's annoyed me too much.

D

Deleted User

I managed to snap at my whole school. [In other words, I told principal to stop sticking her fucking nose into stuff not related to her since I got pissed from landing in principal's room due to my shitty "Friends"]

But now, I don't really snap. I just get a mental breakdown and that's it.

Reactions: Seliph and zoogie

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i did twice at work (office work) one time it was some 10 year older guy than me , i snapped because he kept annoying me , telling me things like i do nothing to help even though i had helped him very often at work.

so one day it was too much for me too handle and i 'snapped'?
i just yelled at him like some maniac telling him "you are nothing, you piece of junk you cant tell me shit"

he just stood there paralyzed from my shouts and was like "whats wrong, what did i say bad?"
haha i did apologize to that faggot later the day because i felt bad since he was much older than me and i did not want to look so bad -.-

^ That was one story.

the other one was from another office, there was some guy nearly as old as me, kept annoying me just with words as well.
so one day i grabbed him by his throat ,i wanted to beat him up badly.
but i held back and just told hiim to shut his mouth.

and he still wouldnt shut it, so i had to tell the manager and the manager then told him that he would fire him if he was messing with me.
after that he chickened out.

that's about it actually.

there were some things happening during school time for me, but nothing too major.

it is always best to bottle it up, never go mad directly, just wait it out i guess.

there is the saying that those that dont speak back are the smart ones ?
so it is good to not let it get to you, and look for a higher up at your work or school and tell them whats happening instead of wanting to beat the crap out of the guy that is annoying you!

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Multiple times, at work, recently. Mostly due to stupid IRL problems x(
At the end I'm the only one losing. Next time I should learn to not have a life outside of my workplace. If this keeps going on I might as well lose my job and get pills prescribed.

Reactions: Deleted-379826
Trophies
Website
harshamohite.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm usually suuuuper chill among my friends, but when I'm really tired some shit, I get extremely passive-aggressive. I've learned to keep my temper cool among friends, because I don't want to cause problems down the line, but because I bottle things up so much outside, I snap very easily at home. I need to apologize to my family, especially my mother, because on particularly bad days, I'm embarrassed by the amount of verbal abuse I throw. I have it very lucky that my mother loves me a lot and has the patience to put up with me, but I know I've been very bad many times.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I really think getting passive-aggressive is the worst you can do. Unfortunately I can't give a good solution of how to avoid doing that, because that seems to be my defense mechanism and I haven't been able to get away from it really. I have problems being direct and confronting people.

But I think that people should perhaps "snap" more often, in a less drastic way, but in a straight clear to understand way, so whatever or whoever that is annoying you or causing problems for you gets the message and stops doing so. Passive-aggressiveness is not clear at all, the offending part usually doesn't get the message, you get more frustrated and build up stress/resentment, and well, I don't think it is good at all.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Only one story comes to my mind of what I really, REALLY define as a "snap."
I was obese and somwhat of large build when I was in primary school and a kid from an other class kept bullying me over my wight.
As a %99.99 calm fatass, he probably didn't expect a reaction but we ended up fighting when classes were over.
Bottom line of the story is, I literally banged his head on a metal pipe a couple of times until his driver pried him off my hands.

Probably explains why I'm on meds :unsure:

Last edited by Super.Nova,

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I snapped at christmas one year at my cousin. He kept poking fun at my haircut and I just couldn't take it. So I picked my grandmother up by the ankles and heaved her at him so hard she exploded on impact.
So your grandmother was a Prinny, Dood!

(perhaps a very niche joke)

Last edited by sarkwalvein,

RustInPeace

Samurai Cop
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really ashamed of myself because when I read "snapped," I thought it meant using Snapchat. To answer the question properly, one time shortly after someone dumped me after a yearlong relationship, during gym class, a classmate held up a punching bag of sorts. I don't remember if he provoked me by asking me to think of something that makes me mad, or if I thought that all by myself, but the thought of the man the person dumped me for came up and I went Ray Rice on that bag.

And yes I felt like using that Ray Rice reference.

Reactions: Seliph

DRAGONBALLVINTAGE

The GBATemp Hacker
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i did twice at work (office work) one time it was some 10 year older guy than me , i snapped because he kept annoying me , telling me things like i do nothing to help even though i had helped him very often at work.

so one day it was too much for me too handle and i 'snapped'?
i just yelled at him like some maniac telling him "you are nothing, you piece of junk you cant tell me shit"

he just stood there paralyzed from my shouts and was like "whats wrong, what did i say bad?"
haha i did apologize to that faggot later the day because i felt bad since he was much older than me and i did not want to look so bad -.-

^ That was one story.

the other one was from another office, there was some guy nearly as old as me, kept annoying me just with words as well.
so one day i grabbed him by his throat ,i wanted to beat him up badly.
but i held back and just told hiim to shut his mouth.

and he still wouldnt shut it, so i had to tell the manager and the manager then told him that he would fire him if he was messing with me.
after that he chickened out.

that's about it actually.

there were some things happening during school time for me, but nothing too major.

it is always best to bottle it up, never go mad directly, just wait it out i guess.

there is the saying that those that dont speak back are the smart ones ?
so it is good to not let it get to you, and look for a higher up at your work or school and tell them whats happening instead of wanting to beat the crap out of the guy that is annoying you!
If he keep messing with you would you had turned Super Saiyan?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I threw a few heavy books and a chair. Good think it hit no one
Thing buddy

Psionic Roshambo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am old so lots of times... lol Most recently I put my fist through one my TV's lol My wife likes to sleep with the TV on and I cannot sleep with a TV on... So after 3 days of no sleep and arguing with her about it punched out a 32 inch Samsung LED TV, I hit it so hard the back seperated from the front.

It was a sad day because I liked that TV, but I did finally get some sleep. Until I replaced it... I now sit here at 1:05 AM with my wife snoring behind me and the TV on Netflix... Fortunately now that she is asleep and it's on Netflix Via the Shield TV, once the movie is over after 5 minutes CEC will kick in and the Shield TV and the TV itself will turn off... Allowing me to get some rest.

The morel of the story? Hell if I know... nothing works out in the end? (The best thing about this whole ordeal is the CEC thing AND I now have a 40 inch TV instead of a 32 inch TV....)

brickmii82

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The last time I snapped...

IMG_0938.PNG

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Never snapped and hope I never do.

If the situation calls for violence I want all my wits about me lest I end up kicking a corpse when my friends could do with some help putting down those still posing a threat. Equally I might end up hurt if I can't think and just act, or doing something that takes longer to clean up where had I been thinking it would have been cleaner and far more efficient.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I thought I saw a puttie snatch...
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm so pumped, NCAA football video game is back after a 10 year hiatus, coming to SeriesS/X, PS5 in July.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Wish they would let us play the NCAA football 14 on newer xbox, its one of the only games I love and own on disc still, that is not back compatible, bs.
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @BigOnYa My dad recently bought a spare Series X off of me, got game pass, and saw Madden '24 on Game Pass, decided to try it out.

...He was a bit taken aback by the 60GB download size. Poor guy's still living in the 90s!
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @AdenTheThird, Bro's still in the PS2 age.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lol charging your dad's classic unless he's the type that doesn't like taking things like that
  • AdenTheThird @ AdenTheThird:
    @K3Nv2 He was looking into consoles for his house anyway (for my younger siblings and himself) and I had a spare XSX and Switch I ended up selling him at pretty steep cuts. I would just give them to him, but I did buy them with the intent to sell them... and college is super expensive.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    A little yeah...
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, [insert wut here]
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm a little hi, but bout to fix that.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Now I'm low, i was upstairs in my wifeys kitchen, now I'm downstairs in my dungeon.(My basement)
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    do you mind? i snuck in with amiibo and jars, and am trying to do my thing brony style
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    have you ever regretted saying something immediately after saying it?
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    nah what i was doing was trying to cure my ever-so-apparent crabs
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ,
    my younger brother is forcing me to play with him and my cousins are here *sigh*
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @SylverReZ that Hack a hacked 360 vid was neat, never knew it existed.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BigOnYa, I thought it was interesting.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    nvm this video is clickbait
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: nvm this video is clickbait