Hacking Whats a good txt file reader for psp?

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Unless you have a PSP2000 on 5.00 M33, I don't think there are any in-game text readers. On 5.00 M33 on the 2000, iR Shell had a feature called "advanced multitasking" which allowed you to run a second game or app in the background and switch between them with a key combo, so you could have Bookr running in the background and switch between it and the game.

I don't know of any other way of achieving what you're asking. Although I don't see any reason there couldn't be some plugin to do that. So maybe there is and I just haven't heard of it.

EDIT: A quick google search reveals that there actually are some plugins for doing do; CWCheat is capable of doing it (and I would suggest that other cheat plugins, e.g. TempAR, may well have the same feature), and there is also a plugin called PSPEText.

There may be other options also, I didn't look for too long.

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ok got cwcheat installed and the txt file in the right folder but when I hit X on the basic text reader nothing happens. what did I miss?

raulpica

With your drill, thrust to the sky!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok got cwcheat installed and the txt file in the right folder but when I hit X on the basic text reader nothing happens. what did I miss?
I could never make it work too, afaik. It had something to do with funny dir placement / file names. Try reading the readme :D

Scyris

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It didn't come with a readme oddly. Iam using 6.60 pro-c I think. Trying to do a full slink in 1 run game for persona 3 portable. and it'd be annoying to have to get on my pc to keep looking at it.
Think I found it, need to name the text file to the game code, like ULUS-10512 is persona 3 portable. Found this after flexing my googlefu a bit. Now to see if it works... yep it works, and it even saves your place in the txt file while your in that game even if you go ina nd out of the cwcheat menu.

Reactions: raulpica

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
Additionally unlike other Cheat plugins it supports multiple text files. So for your persona example you'd have ULUS-10512 as your first "page" then if you wanted access to a second text file it'd be named ULUS-105121 (note the appended 1). You can access that page via the Right Shoulder button (and then back to the first with the Left). CWCheat supports up to 127 extra pages added in that way.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    bassviolet @ bassviolet: uwu