What you think about packs of SD adaptators?

• Thread starter Feox
  • Start date
  • Views 1,499
  • Replies 12
  • Likes 1

Feox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi guys! I have my SD adapter that just lost a ping due to frequent use and would like to know what you think of adapter packs that are sold in cheap bundles? Is it counterfeit that breaks as soon as you touch it (because yes I've already had this kind of rot in my hands) or are they official products or at least, what I'm looking for, of resistant quality like the adapters supplied with microSD cards
Here is the comparison of what I found on Amazon:
1 SD Card Adapter for 5,71 euros vs
50 SD adapters called "Samsung" for 15,95 euros...
Do you think these are mass packs from scammers to attract the low price or these packs seem reliable?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what if you just need the adapters?

If you bought a bunch of micro SD you probably have a bunch of micro SD to SD adapter. Beside there is micro SD to USB adapter so you don't really need Micro SD to SD adapter technically, only device that limit you to a regular SD card and you only have a micro SD with micro sd to SD adapter, then maybe that.

Feox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Actually... It's not for a Nintendo Switch that I need it... I came here because I couldn't find a better sub forum to talk about it... But no I didn't not a whole lot of microSDs... Just one with broken adapters and I don't have a large enough capacity SD (128GB or more) and in any case I prefer hybrid SD systems to having SD and microSD... Because I need both. I come here to simply inquire about the difference between the SD adapters that are sold by the piece and the packs of many at a radically low price compared to the single piece to see if the packs of this kind are yes or not a scam.

Reactions: BigOnYa

BigOnYa

Has A Very Big
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't think there's much difference in the adapters per say (they just extend the contacts of the micro SD card/ Adapt), it's more the differences in the details of each actual SD card itself.

Last edited by BigOnYa,
Reactions: SylverReZ

Feox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't think there's much difference in the adapters per say (they just extend the contacts of the micro SD card/ Adapt), it's more the differences in the details of each actual SD card itself.
It's because I've had adapters that break into several pieces when first inserted into a device so counterfeit

ghjfdtg

Trophies
XP
Country
Genuine Samsung adapters are the best i had so far. Very robust and good build quality. I don't know whenever this 50 piece offer is genuine but these adapters are produced in such large quantities and included with every microSD that the price is believable.

Reactions: BigOnYa and r1vver

Feox

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
That is interesting because I have never broken one.
Yes. Sold with fake microSD cards.
But the last authentic one I have just has a broken golden pin and it often happens to me on adapters because I regularly go back and forth between my PC and external devices like a 3ds, a Wii U and a working camera in SD.
Post automatically merged:

Genuine Samsung adapters are the best i had so far. Very robust and good build quality. I don't know whenever this 50 piece offer is genuine but these adapters are produced in such large quantities and included with every microSD that the price is believable.
Alright, well, I think there's nothing left to do but try...
I will report back on this post once I have paid and tested them to inform the reliability of the product for future readers of this post and update you on the situation.

Last edited by Feox,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Those don't work properly for me, the lock switch is too loose and when inserted into certain devices, like my laptop built in SD reader, it always flips the lock to the locked position.

Reactions: BigOnYa

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: Funny bone is the name of a chocolate and peanut butter cake :P