ROM Hack What went wrong here?

Arthurfogo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm trying to recompile .nca files, but it seems that this error always happens. I don't know if there is a better way to do that, but that's the only way I learned.

Attachments

• Sem título54364564.png
    Sem título54364564.png
    130.6 KB · Views: 19
Reactions: Donnie-Burger

Donnie-Burger

Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to recompile .nca files, but it seems that this error always happens. I don't know if there is a better way to do that, but that's the only way I learned.
I have the same issues with a few backups myself. Most work with new 14.1.2 keys and all. Looks like nscbuilder finally needs an update.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
Looking at your screenshot it looks like the error is in the program itself, not something that you have done. There's some Python code somewhere that's trying to convert a boolean value in to an integer. I've narrowed it down to somewhere in this file but I don't know which line. It might also be the case that this file is completely bug free but another part of the program passes it the wrong data types as arguments.

https://github.com/julesontheroad/N...35e9bce7f9e8bf1493b2f21/py/ztools/squirrel.py

I think it is somewhere below line 3812 if anyone wants to try to fix it, I don't have the tools (nor the time) to trace the origin of the bug.

Edit: Some good potential candidates for the broken line are 3850, 3856, 3894, and 3900. I haven't used Python very much but I don't think you can do what the dev did there, trying to convert a comparison in to an integer with int()

Last edited by CompSciOrBust,

Arthurfogo7

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What exactly are you trying to do? We get that your trying to make an nsp but for what purpose? Or you just learning to learn
To be honest, I was trying to translate a game. Well, I gave up precisely because I don't have the knowledge needed for that. But I don't like to give up on something without trying to learn, at least. So here we are.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • DragonMals
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    DragonMals tempBOT: DragonMals has joined the room.