What reasons are there to buy a PS5?

Marc_LFD

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've been thinking about buying a PS5, but the fact it has no games I'm interested it just made that pointless and I'm honestly pretty happy with PS4 so it seems like a waste of money.

And I read this news.. not good: https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-entering-the-latter-stage-of-its-life-cycle-sony-says

There's one thing I love about PS5 and that's the DualSense controller so I use a DualSense-lookalike controller for gaming on PS4.

Sony loves money so much, yet they stupidly didn't make DualSense compatible with PS4.

Reactions: Quore

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I own one. Honestly it isn't worth it. PS4 is the way to go if you want a Sony, modded PS4 at that. I would wait til PS6 or something idk what to really say I mean their attachment rate sucks because of scalpers and there isn't a huge library of games for PS5. However it's backward compatible and if you are looking to just play legit games, then by all means the PS5 is the way to go.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
idk about PS4 pro but PS5 can do 120hz and my new OLED tv supports 120hz over HDMI. Pretty cool feature if you ask me but worth it? If you're a hardcore gamer I guess so. I'm not really that hardcore any more but I do like to play games occasionally.
My modded PS4 isn't a pro unfortunately. I'm not sure what all the differences are. Friend of mine had a modded PS4 pro that was super cool but he sold it like he sells everything else.

Jayinem

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I felt the same way but finally gave in when Final Fantasy Rebirth came out. I only have about 6 games and might not buy another one until GTA 6 or if Persona 6 comes out anytime soon.

It finally got to where there were some exclusives on PS5 that aren't on PS4.

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought the PS5 disc edition on day one and I didn’t Open the box until a jailbreak was released.
So recently I did jailbreak it and finally tried a game but I’m not excited about even playing it. In my opinion there isn’t anything interesting to play on it, I was really hoping that The PSVR2 would be compatible with the PSVR games and it’s not. So I’m going to sell it on eBay soon.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those new final fantasy games are cool. I haven't spent much time playing them but you're right the PS5 has graphics updates for those.
Well as it sits now, I am hoping my PS5 one day will get hacked so I haven't been updating it. I think only one update has come out since I stopped updating, and so mine isn't hackable unfortunately. Friend of mine gave me a big list of links to PS5 isos too but I didn't touch it.
Post automatically merged:

I bought the PS5 disc edition on day one and I didn’t Open the box until a jailbreak was released.
So recently I did jailbreak it and finally tried a game but I’m not excited about even playing it. In my opinion there isn’t anything interesting to play on it, I was really hoping that The PSVR2 would be compatible with the PSVR games and it’s not. So I’m going to sell it on eBay soon.
you might want to sell it locally for cash, get more moneys that way :)

Reactions: Marc_LFD and elm

elm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Those new final fantasy games are cool. I haven't spent much time playing them but you're right the PS5 has graphics updates for those.
Well as it sits now, I am hoping my PS5 one day will get hacked so I haven't been updating it. I think only one update has come out since I stopped updating, and so mine isn't hackable unfortunately. Friend of mine gave me a big list of links to PS5 isos too but I didn't touch it.

you might want to sell it locally for cash, get more moneys that way :)

yeah, I should put it on Facebook Marketplace , Thanks

• Haha
Reactions: Skv0ra

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
I've been thinking about buying a PS5, but the fact it has no games I'm interested it just made that pointless and I'm honestly pretty happy with PS4 so it seems like a waste of money.

And I read this news.. not good: https://www.ign.com/articles/ps5-entering-the-latter-stage-of-its-life-cycle-sony-says

There's one thing I love about PS5 and that's the DualSense controller so I use a DualSense-lookalike controller for gaming on PS4.

Sony loves money so much, yet they stupidly didn't make DualSense compatible with PS4.

None :P

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The advantage was only if you managed to get one in the first 2 or 3 years, when the hardware was a much better proposition than PC. Once prices for parts started to come down, it was the usual case where you could build something better for less. Then Sony also started releasing the games on PC...

Having said that, it's still a decent way to game in 2024, and I'm still adding to my shelf of 150+ games even though I could probably get a lot of them for free on PC.

Reactions: KiiWii

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
4k upscaling of ps4 games and that's about it

Once prices for parts started to come down, it was the usual case where you could build something better for less.
you must be joking pc parts are as expensive as ever. you have no idea what i've spent so far on my latest build! it's took me 5 years and it's in the 4 figure range fucking video card alone took HALF the budget!!

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Robert Newbie

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's a lot of money to spend. So, here's what you do:

1) Choose a console you're interested in.
2) Go through the available games and make a list of what you really want to play.
3) Make a list of upcoming games that have your interest. These games shouldn't weigh heavily on your list.
4) See if the list warrants the cost.

It's not a bad idea to do the same for a competing console too. You might be surprised with the results. Really, if you think the PS5 has no games, then you may be better off waiting. I think a Slim version's either on the way or already out. Those are usually cheaper and have more reliable hardware.

Reactions: KiiWii and Blythe93

RedColoredStars

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
In most cases the difference in graphics quality between a PS4 version of a game and the PS5 version is very noticeable. A lot of titles running at 60+ fps vs 30 is also significant.

I feel if a person can afford a new PC that is equal to or better than the PS5 (or upgrade their existing PC) for the same price or less than a PS5, then PC is then absolutely the way to go. If not, gaming on a PS5 is significantly better than on a PS4 (imo) for the reasons I stated above.

Last edited by RedColoredStars,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @BakerMan can one play cod from hen ps3?