Gaming What PSP should I buy?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
The PSP go allows you to use a PS3 controller and play it on the TV so if you're planning to play PSP/emus on the TV games then the Go is ideal. Buttons are very small and the analogue stick is a joke.

Clydefrosch

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i'm very happy with my go, had a 1000 before.
the go excels at emulation, because it has the superior buttons. it uses miniswitches (clicky ones) which are incredibly responsive. the dpad is certainly the best of any psps. it makes playing anything between nes and gba a pleasure. most ps1 games too, though some 3d games really would rather have an actual ps controllers analogue stick.

having said that, some psp games are kinda hard to play with the gos 'cramped' button setup. mainly those which use both the dpad and the stick to control different things like walking and item management and several button combos like L+circle, R+square, l+r+ triangle and crap like that. those were somewhat uncomfortable even on a bigger psp, but on the go, those are close to unplayable. special mentions go to the metal gear and ff type 0.
those games and generally 3rd person 3d games for the psp like gta, kingdom hearts or crisis core are more comfortable to play on a not go, since the analogue stick is easier to access and also bigger on those.

your decision should definitely be between 3000 or go though. temp custom firmware is not a big deal with sleep mode and even if you power down completely, it literally takes 10 seconds to get back into custom mode. only time this really becomes bothersome at all is if you're trying to setup an emulator/homebrew/rom/iso with a tendency to crash on wrong setups or with the wrong iso driver.
and to be honest, if you have any way to testplay a go for a day or so, you should do before buying one. i'm sure you can get used to a lot, but the go isnt exactly made for huge hands and I've read of a bunch of people who just couldn't get used to the small form ever (they might've been over exaggerating though)

Kannyb

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thank you guys for all your help... After seeing all the opinions and knowing better the differences between all the models, I'll choose the 3000. In my opinion it's the most complete, and have a big display.

One more question, I saw that exists 1004, 2004 and 3004. What exactly is that "4"? This versions still hackable?

WiiCube_2013

Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
I'm here to confirm that the Go feels worse than a gba ap. You really need to buy a grip.

Yeah for adults the PSP go is a pretty awful handheld because the buttons and the stick are too small, but there's the benefits that it comes with 16 GBs storage, playable with PS3 controller and connectable to play on the TV (the 3000 can do it but I think it doesn't fill the whole screen).

I probably should just get one of my PS3s hacked and use them for PSP games than bother to buy a PSP go.

Vipera

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah for adults the PSP go is a pretty awful handheld because the buttons and the stick are too small, but there's the benefits that it comes with 16 GBs storage, playable with PS3 controller and connectable to play on the TV (the 3000 can do it but I think it doesn't fill the whole screen).

I probably should just get one of my PS3s hacked and use them for PSP games than bother to buy a PSP go.
I never said anything about the Go being a bad psp. It's only very awkward to use, unless you buy an external grip.
Mine has 36 gb (20 + 16)

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I'm here to confirm that the Go feels worse than a gba ap. You really need to buy a grip.

I dont have any issues with mine, although I do use the dpad 90%+ of the time as I mostly use it for emulators and homebrew.
The dpad and buttons are fine to use, it's just the analogue stick that can be annoying. But to be honest I find the analogue stick uncomfortable to use for an extended period on any PSP model.
On the go its too far towards the middle of the console, on all others its too close to the bottom left IMO.

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as 2ks go, The Jack, and Daxter, the Madden, The Star Wars, and the God of War are all permanent hackable. If you want permanent, go with the 2k. Otherwise get the GO. Though i do have the 6.20 Perma-Patch on my GO, and I like it a lot.

rdurbin

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have 3 psp's, psp 2000, psp go and playstation tv (if you count that). although I like the psp go for many reasons, I think psp 2000 is really the best choice in ability to install perm. firmware and for the following reason below.

if you go with the psp 1000-3000, I definitely recommend you grab this or something similar

http://www.amazon.com/SANOXY®-MicroSD-Converts-MicroSDHC-Packaged/dp/B00B6DYDZS/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415546213&sr=8-1&keywords=psp micro sd adapter

it allows you to use 2 micro sd cards (instead of memory stick). Im using 2 32gb micro sd cards to make it a 64gb memory stick. This WILL NOT work with psp go (as it uses a completely different memory stick). So basically you can have greater memory storage and since it uses micro sd its way cheaper. I have also heard of people using 2 64s to make it 128 but I have not confirmed this personally.

now be careful with this, since it makes 2 micro sd's into one memory stick you cannot remove either sd card from the adapter and replace it with a larger sd card. If you want to upgrade the storage you need to keep both sd in adapter and connect the adapter or psp to computer to backup everything. You can than replace 1 or both of the sd cards, format and put the files back on.

Dr. Light

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
old thread but are all versions of the PSP go hackable? all of the PSP GOs i've been seeing on ebay and stuff are used, so if someone bought an GO, and upgraded to the latest firmware would i still be able to install the permanent hack on it?

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
old thread but are all versions of the PSP go hackable? all of the PSP GOs i've been seeing on ebay and stuff are used, so if someone bought an GO, and upgraded to the latest firmware would i still be able to install the permanent hack on it?
You have to downgrade to 6.20 and stay at 6.20 for permanent CFW.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: