• Total voters

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
I've used Android. I've used iOS. iOS is buggy. Android is buggy. Both have a bajillion useless apps and a handful of good apps.

In the end, it comes down to experience, and I have better experiences with Android than iOS. Android have had the notification bar and widgets since the early days, where as iOS was far too slow to implement it. Not to mention Flash support and expandable media support (microSD ftw).

Reactions: 1 person

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Voted for Android. I first started out with iOS and had no complaints. Then Android came out and I assumed iOS was still the best thing since sliced cheese, at least until I got my official first Android device. I loved the customization of it and the variety of choices in terms of device you can have. Not only that, but most don't cost a leg and a half for a decent one. I currently have an HTC Evo 4G and an HP Touchpad with CM7 and I don't think I'll ever go back to iOS, it's too bland and the same.

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android is my favorite, though iOS is the most user friendly (And therefore, the most restricted).
Most restricted mobile OS would be Windows 7 phone... If you think iOS 5 is that restricted try using Windows 7... Anyways I voted for Android but iOS is also great.. I just like the fact that with Android you get a notification LED, and all your apps are integrated into the OS.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Android is my favorite, though iOS is the most user friendly (And therefore, the most restricted).
Most restricted mobile OS would be Windows 7 phone... If you think iOS 5 is that restricted try using Windows 7... Anyways I voted for Android but iOS is also great.. I just like the fact that with Android you get a notification LED, and all your apps are integrated into the OS.
Windows Phone 7 is less restricted than iOS. Microsoft even approved a (paid-for, but quite cheap) "jailbreak" to allow people to run homebrew on WP7 phones, Apple have never done anything of the sort for iOS. I fail to see how you think iOS is less restricted?

Reactions: 1 person

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Windows Phone 7 is less restricted than iOS. Microsoft even approved a (paid-for, but quite cheap) "jailbreak" to allow people to run homebrew on WP7 phones, Apple have never done anything of the sort for iOS. I fail to see how you think iOS is less restricted?
Jailbreak iOS and thats it, its so easy... What I meant is that Windows Phone 7 is just so boring, and its really restricted what you can do with it such as customizations as it has next to none.

SifJar

Not a pirate
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Jailbreak iOS and thats it, its so easy... What I meant is that Windows Phone 7 is just so boring, and its really restricted what you can do with it such as customizations as it has next to none.

Jailbreaking isn't an official thing though. If you're counting in hacks, of course iOS comes higher than WP7 because (i) it's more popular, so more people hack it and release tweaks etc. (ii) it's existed for much longer, so it's established. iOS is just as restricted as WP7, there are just ways around those restrictions. It is still an extremely restricted OS, the fact that there are hacks to workaround that just makes it easier to deal with.

This may be a little off topic, but is there a port of WP7 OS or Zune OS for IPod touch or IPhone?

You can't just "port" a closed source operating system. So no. There may be themes to emulate it's interface, but there is not now, nor will there ever be, a port of the OS.

shamiko_

~
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
What I meant is that Windows Phone 7 is just so boring,
How long have you used a windows phone?

vpd

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Another vote for android from me, the stock roms are good, but custom roms and that make it even better!

D

Deleted-236924

I like how Android 4 fixed a glitch I had with most -oid emulators.
However I can't use fast forward anymore (to grind in RPGs.)

Blackberry because I enjoy summer rioting.
Objection!
You said in blogs that you disliked Blackberry.

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I haven't used WP7 very much at all, but on the occasions I've seen and interacted with it, it felt claustrophobic. I'm used to homescreens and similar interfaces, but with the tiles it felt like I was trapped inside the menu.

I'm not even a claustrophobe.

Deleted member 473940

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Android would get most votes, no doubt.
I like iOS personally. Never tried BB before, and I regret getting it lol. Its not for me :/ The only thing good about is the email and BBM.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Android, no question for me. The customization is absolutely great. Including the ability to use a custom kernel. I find it perfectly user-friendly and not at all confusing. Also like the flash support (big plus for me).

Jakob95

I am the Avatar
Suspended
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What I meant is that Windows Phone 7 is just so boring,
How long have you used a windows phone?

My dad has one, and its just plain boring. With Android you get a fun user inteface, while on Windows 7 phone its so easy and just swiping up and down really which takes all the fun away. That was basically the point of WP7 to make you spend less times with your phone. Also its app store sucks compared to the Market and Apple App Store.

VVoltz

The Pirate Lord
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I have actually used all of these. I personally really like WP7, not so much for what it is but for how Microsoft broke the mold and tried something completely different, I think a lot of people is unfair with the Metro design (the interface with the squares), it really is fast and responsive, much more than Android IMO. Too bad it came out so late, it still has come catching up to do in terms of basic features (like video conferencing or consistent horizontal keyboard support) and a LOT of catching up with more advanced stuff that iOS5 and Android 4.0 now offers (dual/quad core support, SD card switching, battery life optimizations).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)