What is your favorite game from 1995 - 2003?

aea

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
1-Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island. Impressive graphics for the system and good difficulty
2-The Legend of Zelda Ocarina of time, 1998 game of the year. I own all of the versions except the Collector's Edition and wii/wiiu digital ones, but the one I already miss to play again is the original n64 gold version. If I only had a n64 again...

Reactions: VinsCool

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh boy, this is a tough one.

1995: Warcraft II
1996: Super Mario RPG
1997: Oddworld: Abe's Oddysee
1998: StarCraft or Wario Land 2 (can't really decide and I like them for very different reasons)
1999: Super Smash Bros.
2000: Final Fantasy IX or The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask (another tough one, with Jet Grind Radio not far behind)
2001: Super Smash Bros. Melee
2002: Metroid Prime (though The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker and Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos are close)
2003: Beyond Good & Evil

Of all those, Metroid Prime sits at the top for me.

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Super Mario Sunshine.
Many don't like this game afaik, but for me it has been the game I enjoyed the most between 1995 - 2003.
And actually, it's still one of my favorite games of all time.
My Favorite also is Super Mario Sunshine, it's a great game that you should all play if you haven't. The only thing I remember not liking was that damn pinball stage.
Yes, absolutely. Super Mario Sunshine is my favourite Mario game. It is such a brilliant game conceptually and still plays great today. I wish that recent Mario 3D platformers upped the difficulty like Sunshine did -- it was quite a difficult game at the time and oozing with challenge. The replay value of that game is impressive, too. ;)

VinsCool

Persona Secretiva Felineus
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Yes, absolutely. Super Mario Sunshine is my favourite Mario game. It is such a brilliant game conceptually and still plays great today. I wish that recent Mario 3D platformers upped the difficulty like Sunshine did -- it was quite a difficult game at the time and oozing with challenge. The replay value of that game is impressive, too. ;)
Galaxy series is good imo

Reactions: HaloEffect17

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sunshine is easily my favorite of the third person Mario games. My only issue with it was the camera was out for your blood. If they would have tuned the camera better, I would have liked it a lot more.

Reactions: HaloEffect17

HaloEffect17

Hiya!
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Sunshine is easily my favorite of the third person Mario games. My only issue with it was the camera was out for your blood. If they would have tuned the camera better, I would have liked it a lot more.
Yes, that's one of my criticisms as well. If it had Galaxy's camera, it would have made the game that much more enjoyable.

Still craving a remake of Sunshine after 13 years. ;)

Last edited by HaloEffect17,

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that's one of my criticisms as well. If it had Galaxy's camera, it would have made the game that much more enjoyable.

Still craving a remake of Sunshine after 13 years. ;)
I'm not sure if it needs a remake. It still holds up rather well overall. Maybe a HD re-release with improved camera? Other than that, I can't really think of anything else to really change. Unlike the N64, most NGC games, at least the first party ones, still don't look terrible. You think they would be prime for a VC release for Wii U, but it is Nintendo.

Attacker3

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm not sure if it needs a remake. It still holds up rather well overall. Maybe a HD re-release with improved camera? Other than that, I can't really think of anything else to really change. Unlike the N64, most NGC games, at least the first party ones, still don't look terrible. You think they would be prime for a VC release for Wii U, but it is Nintendo.
I would buy that in a heartbeat

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, Good.