Homebrew What is this? Empty boxes?

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Please help me delete empty boxes I have them on emunand and nand.

Thanks

2efnyj9.jpg

RandomMan25XX

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you install any custom titles lately?, if they show up as blank on the home screen it should also be blank in the data management section of the settings, you should be able to delete the blank titles from there, if not then try finding them in fbi and using that to delete them

Bluespheal

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have minicraft as one of these, it plays fine, but the black box is kinda ugly, I really don't mind it, have you tried opening either one?

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Thanks

2efnyj9.jpg

Try clearing the blacked out title icons with Cthulhu. They're blank either because you deleted them off the SD card without properly uninstalling them through FBI or System Setting's Data Management.

If you didn't purposely remove those two games or titles, you may need to check if your SD card happens to be a fake that's corrupting your data. Copy everything off the card, reformat it blank in FAT32 + 32 KB cluster size, and run it through H2testw with a full write + verify test.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway

Thanks

2efnyj9.jpg
Is your CFW and 3DS up to date? I've had this a couple of times but it went away on its own when i updated everything.
It would also happen if you installed SD titles to NAND. Very old (1.x) versions of FBI made you choose the install location but with newer versions you're not able to choose so it shouldn't be possible to install to the wrong location.
If you launch them what happens?

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Is your CFW and 3DS up to date? I've had this a couple of times but it went away on its own when i updated everything.
It would also happen if you installed SD titles to NAND. Very old (1.x) versions of FBI made you choose the install location but with newer versions you're not able to choose so it shouldn't be possible to install to the wrong location.
If you launch them what happens?

It was done probably with old FBI... When i launch them it hangs on fancy 3ds load screen

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
It was done probably with old FBI... When i launch them it hangs on fancy 3ds load screen
Well that should be easy to fix, go to the title list in FBI and look at what titles show up in red that shouldn't be, and delete them.
Edit: Be careful not to delete any system titles that belong there though or you could brick. Make sure you're only deleting homebrew/installed games.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

Bondgirl85

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like corrupt data. That is how my FBI looks like on my EU SNES 3DS but yet FBI works through homebrew. I could probably fix it by removing it and reinstalling it but I am too afraid to take risks.

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well that should be easy to fix, go to the title list in FBI and look at what titles show up in red that shouldn't be, and delete them.
Edit: Be careful not to delete any system titles that belong there though or you could brick. Make sure you're only deleting homebrew/installed games.

My old version (1.3.8) did not found anything marked red :/

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
When i tried to install new fbi to sd by old fbi from h&s it returns this http://i68.tinypic.com/21m7uyc.jpg
It's telling you the problem right on that screen - you don't have a valid app database on the SD (get something from eshop, or create title.db or whatever it was called in a subfolder of "Nintendo 3DS" I don't remember then go to the official title management)

Last edited by Ryccardo,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
When i tried to install new fbi to sd by old fbi from h&s it returns this
21m7uyc.jpg

But it installed to nand - it this case emunand and another black box appear
You never installed anything to SD? Because it looks like you're missing the database files on SD, that are created by going to eShop and need to exist before you can install anything. So simply opening eShop and letting it load should fix it.

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
You never installed anything to SD? Because it looks like you're missing the database files on SD, that are created by going to eShop and need to exist before you can install anything. So simply opening eShop and letting it load should fix it.

Yes i installed cia's before but I have unlinked nand/emunad and nand is formated (probably) but boxes remain on it

Shadowhand

Slim, Alternative Dev.
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's telling you the problem right on that screen - you don't have a valid app database on the SD (get something from eshop, or create title.db or whatever it was called in a subfolder of "Nintendo 3DS" I don't remember then go to the official title management)
I can't believe you'd tag me, then remove it afterwards... :(

wiewiec

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland

So there is no option to build database wthout entering eShop? I have gateway 11.2 fw :/

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So there is no option to build database wthout entering eShop? I have gateway 11.2 fw :/
Oh nevermind, it seems like you can do it just by entering Data Management. Been a while since I've seen someone with this issue since newer FBI versions make the files automatically so I didn't remember.
But there is a .3ds version of FBI 2.x you can run from the GW cart which should also work.

Reactions: wiewiec

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Ohhh can we use AI to crack passwords faster?