What is the worst community you ever joined?

yusuo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Worst community out there in all honesty, Facebook.

Full of rubbish and idiots who belittle and stab each other in the back, designed to fuel a narcissists ego, advertise the highlights of an individual while slowly destroying one's own confidence with the false reality of others delivering an impossible image very few can actually sustain

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

In recent years, probably GBAtemp. I've pretty much stopped posting on here because of how rude people on here tend to be. Browsing other forums, I don't see this behavior quite as much.
This is only because it's become a place for kids, there are still some good peeps here, yourself being one

Armadillo

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The fact that this bot is now hosted there takes away all of its credibility.

I think the bot was made by someone there anyway and just moved when github hosting took it down.

The most riduculous one is perhaps this:

Title: Kim-Trump Summit Thread - Fire and Fury Edition
Reason: User Warned: Trolling
It's been a wonderful day though. Best Korea has been positive in the news and it makes me very happy.

Oh come on. How does that even deserve a warning?

Wrongthink, simple as that. Saying something positive about trump/something trump is involved in=wrongthink.

Last edited by Armadillo,

AngryCinnabon

Resident Iron Valiant
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Canada
Quora's pretty bad, I left thanks to that rule about using your real name, I've seen people be stalked across the web thanks to having a Liberal opinion!

Reddit's got good and bad spots. Never ever go to political ones if you value your opinion! (If that isn't clear.)

Reactions: grey72

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Strongly disagree. The worst site I've ever joined is Facepunch when Garry's Mod was still a relevant thing.
Like I said, I'm not on a lot of forums and such. I can think of many examples that are worse than GBAtemp but needless to say I don't go to any of them. GameFAQs for one.
I guess YouTube is worse than GBAtemp though.
GameFAQs/Gamespot is downright fanservice-ridden and the mods are super judgmental about people with differing opinions. The worst thing GBATemp had was the Margen67 epidemic.
Am I the only one who misses Margen?
Quora's pretty bad, I left thanks to that rule about using your real name, I've seen people be stalked across the web thanks to having a Liberal opinion!

Reddit's got good and bad spots. Never ever go to political ones if you value your opinion! (If that isn't clear.)
Isn't Quora just a site that indexes stuff from other sites and makes it seem like it's their own?

Reactions: SuzieJoeBob

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Quora is like a "more sophisticated" Yahoo Answers.
The times it showed up in Google results, it was just a clone of some thread from another forum. Which is annoying since they don't link the source but often show up on the first page of the search.
Sometimes I wasn't able to find the original thread, maybe those ones actually originated from Quora.

Last edited by The Real Jdbye,

THYPLEX

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I must corrett my statement thta i posted a few days ago :
I hate and avoid since a long time by now Every souls community , because they'll do nothing to support you or help you , all they do is saying :
Git gud.

dAVID_

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I have no idea, but it's not Reddit, I actually like it a lot.
I also don't consider GBAtemp to be a bad place, people here are pretty ok.
But I never plan on signing up for Twitter, it's an ultra-liberal PC hellhole.

Vieela

GBATemp's official thinker™
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
In terms of the worst community, probably most online games with a lot of teens. Even if i am a teen myself, a lot of trouble is mainly caused by teens.
The best communities i've ever joined however are GBATemp (never had a problem with anyone this far, gladly) and from games like Toontown Rewritten or any game with a small userbase really. People are usually very friendly and help new users. I an see why people dislike GBATemp, but this has been by far the friendliest community i've ever went. Other communities i went were 10x more toxic than anything here, so it's actually really bearable (i really spelled that wrong, unsure how to spell it), so ireally like it.

MrCokeacola

The Xbox Guy
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The worst communities I've ever joined were on discord. Not going to list any of then to give them publicity. But most gaming discords are so toxic and have a hierarchy of users. I like forums more as most have been around for ages and there-for are not a flash in the pan like discord.

RattletraPM

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
League of Legends. Some might say most MOBA communities are bad but imho LoL takes the cake. I didn't even play the game that much and I was still overwhelmed by its toxicity.

sarkwalvein

There's hope for a Xenosaga port.
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Not sure, I tend to forget the bad places and move along, but:
Elotrolado was pretty toxic shit.
Tehskeen was good, and bad, and terrible... depending on the mood of the owner.
Gbatemp in 2007 was flaming chaos, worse than Greek and Portuguese forests on summer combined.

Reactions: THYPLEX

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Att did offer a $500gc tempting to use it for 6 months and cancel