Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
There's no such thing as a pay once VPN, and all the free (public) ones are garbage. The best VPN is the one you run yourself. You can find incredibly cheap hosting everywhere (I recommend Kimsufi), and just install OpenVPN Access. It comes with a nifty web panel and generates installers specific to your OS that come pre-configured to connect to your server upon installation.

Reactions: Kioku

jt_1258

Ella
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tunnel bear does have a limit on data per month but is the most consistent for me in free vpn's. Though as said it is quite slow. Though I usually only need it for short moment's at a time to trick google play into showing the jp side of games available and to get past the restrictions on website access my school puts into place on there wifi.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
PIA was good for speeds, but had issues with some services. ExpressVPN is my go to for consistency. Of course these are paid. As mentioned above, all free ones are absolute garbage. You can host your own, if you know how to maintain it.

Dimensional

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Free VPNs aren't exactly safe, not to mention they are easy to block by a company firewall. The best options for VPNs are ones that use ports that companies can't afford to have blocked, like 80 and 443 on TCP. Free VPNs typically don't use those ports. I recommend AirVPN due to it's many configurations. You can pay for various lengths of service too.

Albireo6972

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using IPVanish, it is pretty good for speeds and works great for my seedbox. The price is a little, ehh, and the program itself needs a tuneup, but overall I have been pretty happy with their services.

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
If you want a VPN for general stuff, either go with one of the already suggested ones from above or host your own. However, if you just want VPN to browse while hiding your location, you can instead just use Tor, which also comes with the added benefit of having access to deep web!:P It gives a different identity every time btw, so heads up if you don't want that.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
The problem with using Tor is that you have no idea what exit node you're going to flip to is going to be like, so speeds are very inconsistent and you tend to land on a node that's on a blacklist. You'll also get spammed with reCAPTCHA from just about every clear net site. Services like IRC also tend to block SOCKS, so you won't be able to join a properly configured server. If you want to go the SOCKS route, then renting a $5 shell and tunneling through it is the better option. There's really no reason to use Tor unless you want drugs and stolen credit cards.

Last edited by Joom,
Reactions: ThoD

ThoD

GBATemp Addict (apparently), but more like "bored"
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
The problem with using Tor is that you have no idea what exit node you're going to flip to is going to be like, so speeds are very inconsistent and you tend to land on a node that's on a blacklist. You'll also get spammed with reCAPTCHA from just about every clear net site. Services like IRC also tend to block SOCKS, so you won't be able to join a properly configured server. If you want to go the SOCKS route, then renting a $5 shell and tunneling through it is the better option. There's really no reason to use Tor unless you want drugs and stolen credit cards.
Not quite about the whole thing you said, although the captcha is annoying and it can get painfully slow. As for the drugs and stolen credit cards, sure you can find them and also pretty much anything you could ever ask for, but you can always just go the normal way about it and use regular websites, in which case you can configure Tor to work more like a regular browser with the added bonus of a VPN, which prevents all the captchas and high ping.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Xdqwerty, People who create revival services for the Wii end up in disaster, same goes for Pretendo lol.
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, atleast wiimmfii went fine although people only use it for Mario kart Wii
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    At least if they ban you for cheating, get another Wii. They're cheap as chips.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Remember when RiiShop was a thing?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    not really
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It got shutdown because somebody "accidentally" leaked the database for the amount of people using the beta.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    RiiShop is the laziest way of downloading Wii games. Did somebody not think of this through?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    although i ended up accidentally changing my nand with no way of going back bc i didn't know you needed a gamecube controller to restore it (i have a wii minus/1.1, which doesn't have gamecube controller support)
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, I think you're talking about the recovery mode that the SaveMii used, and also was to restore softbricked systems.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    If your NAND was hardbricked, then just buy another Wii. Or go with the dirty NAND flasher method.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    and if i find the sd card i have my NAND backed up on, i can not only restore the NAND if i solder the right part in, but i can also put my NAND on dolphin, then i can play dolphin online, like PMEX Remix or MKWii Riibalanced
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Brb
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @BakerMan, Oh yeah, that was a thing too. Dolphin does support Wiimmfi.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    yeah you just need to put your NAND backup with wiimmfi on it
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ngl i feel like if a bunch of my friends have wiis and know how to get wiimmfi and back up their NAND, then we could do a PMEX Remix tournament
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    maybe even add UMVC3/DBFZ and make it a biathlon/triathlon
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Too bad Excite Truck wasn't multi player :(
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Loved that game lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @SylverReZ, sorry for the stupid suggestion I had in that thread
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its fine
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what thread?
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lxR2jow50Bs