Hacking what in the world is the .3dz rom format?

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the multirom is hardwired into the chip with a switch. And saving to the micro sd is pretty simple code. Not all that impressive. Plus of you have paid attention. Since 2.1 released there have been no reported bricks. Yea gateway did something stupid. They fixed it though and while that may not count to the people who have a bricked console because of it at least they dont try amd pass off copied firmware as their own

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Also the multirom is hardwired into the chip with a switch. And saving to the micro sd is pretty simple code. Not all that impressive. Plus of you have paid attention. Since 2.1 released there have been no reported bricks. Yea gateway did something stupid. They fixed it though and while that may not count to the people who have a bricked console because of it at least they dont try amd pass off copied firmware as their own
they lost my respect, I won't trust them since they did it in the first place and denied it. Because of that i won't give them any money.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
funny thing is, gateway obviously don't like clones, they have taken shots at the last set of clones, imho, its better to have the real dev's on your side rather than plotting how to take you out, if there was a new independently developed card....maybe, but saying i will buy a clone because gateway bricked those other clone users is stupid imo

if you don't trust gateway you shouldnt trust or use any of their work, no matter who sells it to you

Reactions: tyons

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what are you talking about? are you stupid or something? Gateway bricked people using their _own_ damned card, you heard me right. They bricked their users, who were using the gateway cards, they're paying customers. They brricked their consoles so why should I trust a company that bricks their own customers and kills their consoles. They're fools and evil.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
what are you talking about? are you stupid or something? Gateway bricked people using their _own_ damned card, you heard me right. They bricked their users, who were using the gateway cards, they're paying customers. They brricked their consoles so why should I trust a company that bricks their own customers and kills their consoles. They're fools and evil.
You're forgetting that this "security measure" was never aimed at genuine customers and wasn't supposed to brick their systems - it was aimed at cloners and was since improved to be "safe" for your average 3DS user.

Thirty3Three

Musician Member
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As far as I can tell all of the firmwares at the least started with some of the gateway stuff, except MT from the thread on the subject. The rest state that they're all clones, mt-card was at least adding more stuff to the firmware and since gateway's put bricking in it's firmware/launcher I ain't giong to risk death. I only wanted to know what a 3dz was, i don't do online really and they added it to the changelog as if it was some magical codeword that everyone knew.

DENIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAL.

Vengenceonu

Revenge is beneath me but accidents do happen.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

That was a flaw they have since fixed to the point that it wont trigger on legit carts and/or removed (There are conflicting reports from devs debating if the code is still present, but one thing that's agreed upon is that it won't trigger accidentally if it is still there. (refer to gamesquest1 for testing results). Also as Foxi4 has said, it was never intentional to affect legit GW users anyway so your argument is Invalid. And really, evil? Console bricking is hardly worthy of your eternal damnation.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
if you don't trust gateway you shouldnt trust or use any of their work, no matter who sells it to you

and for the record im fully aware of the brick code, i was the one who did the video's on it and found out where the issue was for legit gateway users.....am i saying gateway is right for doing it? hell no, but one thing is clear they have shown they don't take no shit from cloners

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
eternal damnation? Yes of course they deserve it, mine is not an xl so trying to fix the brick is damn near impossible and with money as tight as it is right now they are evil for doing it, as sony was for putting that rootkit in their cds.

ground

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
eternal damnation? Yes of course they deserve it, mine is not an xl so trying to fix the brick is damn near impossible and with money as tight as it is right now they are evil for doing it, as sony was for putting that rootkit in their cds.

hmm, they bricked your 150 dollar system. You probably used that card to pirate a few 40 dollar games due to the real developers didnt get that money and you are pissed off? funny.
I am not saying that I disagree with the whole pirating stuff, I understand it. But it is kinda like stealing so people schouldnt be that mad when it goes wrong and hits you back. (p.s. i also am a pirate aargh)

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Obviously you didnt know that when 2.0b came out and gateway introduced the bricking code that mt copied the firmware including the bricking code. Mt just made it so you couldnt access diagnostics which is what caused 99 percent of the bricks if i remember correctly. So your praise worthy mt card also intentionally included that bricking code. If they hadnt blocked diagnostics youd be bitching about them too you know. They intentionally left it in and didnt try to remove it. Evil mt deserves eternity in hell.

Oh and just so you are informed masterz... there are people here on gbatemp who can and will mod and unbrick your 3ds for you. Some charge and some do it where you just pay shipping and parts. Dont be a little bitch and man up. You have a bricked console. You fucked up by using a FLASH CART which sjnce its not official nintendo work could have bricked your console. Not to mention the fact that on such flash cart which can brick your console ypu used a BETA FIRMWARE....... A BETA. Dont you know that beta firmware or games can be dangerous? So yes gateway fucked up trying to keep people from copying them. Yes it bricked your console.

You have no one to blame but yourself though because all the warnings were there for you to read and you pointedly ignored them. So.... whose fault is that?

Im not saying you have to trust them. Im just saying your logic is flawed

Reactions: tyons

masterz87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
IF you would've read the thing as i said I have _no_ flashcart since apparently _no one_ seems to have read that and are just jumping at random straws. I saw the threads, I held back and waited and I will conitnue to wait until I feel like the market has matured enough for me to purchase a 3ds one. i still have my dstwo and more than a dozen games yet to play on my high list on my psp/ds. I am not going to buy a flash cart until I feel like there's been enough test subjects using the things to find the random rootkits and the like and for the evil companies to show themselves.

Edit to add: I saw the original gateway videos I watched it and waited, I didn't get a dstwo until a long long while after it was out to make sure that the thing was stable.

CFallenleaf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Good you do that. I didnt mean just you bro. That was directed at anyone who wants to say stuff like that. Im glad your waiting. You probably made the smarter choice than most of us in all honesty. All we are trying to say is that any flash cart can brick your system and its not just gateway

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
so why all the bitching....you dont like/want to pay for a flash card wait for a free rom loader, nobody is forcing anyone to buy anything, but making statements like i would buy a gateway clone because gateway is untrustworthy is as dumb, as i said before, if there was any real alternative than gateways work, i would definitely agree that maybe choosing a team that hasn't tried to brick consoles would be better, any team that has to copy gateways work just proves they can't do the work themselves and if they can't do the work themselves it wouldn't surprise me if gateway decides to drop another bomb on them at some point, when a clone is trying to charge the same price as the original product despite them not doing any of the true work you would have to be a mug to buy into it.

but again each to their own people are free to do what they like, but commenting on a situation when really you have already made up your mind not to be involved in it, is less a discussion and more a whinge at the sidelines

and i understand why people are confused about what exactly your saying half the comments here seem to suggest you own a card, or your console was bricked, when in reality....neither happened so i don't see why your so angry about it all

Reactions: CFallenleaf

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: bitches