What happens if I format an external hdd with the ps4?

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
after formatting it the ps4 let me use the internal hdd? i want to play with all 2 hdds
before I format the external hdd with ps4 I format the external hdd with pc in exfat?

Barone77

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you format from the ps4 you extend the memory of the ps4 but you don't see hard disk on the pc
if you want to move games from internal memory to external hard drive you have to use app2usb

Horizon0D

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
if you format from the ps4 you extend the memory of the ps4 but you don't see hard disk on the pc
if you want to move games from internal memory to external hard drive you have to use app2usb
then it's better to keep the hdd as it is
then I can not use it with the pc

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to confirm, If you have a hard drive already formatted as EXFAT, the PS4 still requires it's own reformatting? And then for some reason it's no longer visible in PC? If this is true, then the PS4 doesn't support EXFAT, but some proprietary derivative of it. Is there any to preserve the EXFAT format for compatibility with PC and other systems?

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So just to confirm, If you have a hard drive already formatted as EXFAT, the PS4 still requires it's own reformatting? And then for some reason it's no longer visible in PC? If this is true, then the PS4 doesn't support EXFAT, but some proprietary derivative of it. Is there any to preserve the EXFAT format for compatibility with PC and other systems?

PS4 would format it if you want to use extended storage, if you use app2usb you don't have to format it again if it is on exFAT.

XFoxPrower

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PS4 would format it if you want to use extended storage, if you use app2usb you don't have to format it again if it is on exFAT.
Thanks. Researching more via https://consolemods.org/wiki/PS4:App2USB , it seems Extended Storage and USB Storage aren't the same thing. Maybe the extension is like a RAID or symbolic link sort of thing. This might work for me, but as of today, is it really as buggy as it warns? I was thinking of dual-purposing my 5TB WD Elements drive that I use as an external for my PS3, but it's NTFS (because EXFAT file managers on PS3 are limited in features). Plus I'd hate to risk losing PS3 data ue to corruption from a PS4 tool.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks. Researching more via https://consolemods.org/wiki/PS4:App2USB , it seems Extended Storage and USB Storage aren't the same thing. Maybe the extension is like a RAID or symbolic link sort of thing. This might work for me, but as of today, is it really as buggy as it warns? I was thinking of dual-purposing my 5TB WD Elements drive that I use as an external for my PS3, but it's NTFS (because EXFAT file managers on PS3 are limited in features). Plus I'd hate to risk losing PS3 data ue to corruption from a PS4 tool.

It use symbolic link.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: horny jail is full la