Homebrew What happened to DVD support in ScummVM?

• Thread starter BryceOne
  • Start date
  • Views 1,408
  • Replies 4
B

BryceOne

OP
Long time ago I tested a DVD in Scumm, and it came up with the option to load from a DVD when adding a game.. so I made a DVD with many supported games. The DVD worked great, but now it no longer has that option to load from DVD. I have not updated Scumm since the one I used with my DVD. Other stuff like Firmware (for homebrew) & cIOS' have been updated. What broke the DVD support and can I get the DVD support back?

B

BryceOne

OP
I installed the new cIOS rev 17.. Now the DVD option is back in ScummVM. I added the games, however none of them load from DVD, they just kinda crash the Wii.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
cIOS have nothing to do with ScummVM (even DVD loading) you only should need to install DVDx (that is what all Homebrew apps with DVD support use).

B

BryceOne

OP
nIxx said:
cIOS have nothing to do with ScummVM (even DVD loading) you only should need to install DVDx (that is what all Homebrew apps with DVD support use).

DVDx has always been installed, and updated when new versions come out.

I know cIOS didn't break the DVD support, cause I tried installing older versions before and still never got it back.. but some reason the DVD option was back after cIOS rev 17.

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Well after a look in the source you need to define USE_WII_DI to compile ScummVM with DVD support.

Nevermind my fault just saw that you said you still use the same version as before
smile.gif
Anyway did you tried a newer version because i think they changed DVDx (TitleID) too ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: @DinohScene hi