Hacking What firmare should I get to make this cart work on DSiXL?

Flux-Rifle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi,
I previously posted on a forum about getting the right firmware on my R4 and it was an unusual firmware that I havent seen anywhere else. It worked on my Ds Lite but I cant get it to work on either my DSiXL (Which is at ver 1.4.5U). Is there anyway I can update the firmware to make it work on my DSiXL?
Thanks alot in advance!

Here is the link to the previous forum: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-menu-error.421493/

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Hi,
I previously posted on a forum about getting the right firmware on my R4 and it was an unusual firmware that I havent seen anywhere else. It worked on my Ds Lite but I cant get it to work on either my DSiXL (Which is at ver 1.4.5U). Is there anyway I can update the firmware to make it work on my DSiXL?
Thanks alot in advance!

Here is the link to the previous forum: https://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-menu-error.421493/
Try placing the file I've attached to your SD card and run it. Make sure to do whatever the screen says. Wait for it to finish, don't turn it off. Report back on what happened

Attachments

• Firmware upgrade.rar
    1.4 MB · Views: 245

Flux-Rifle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try placing the file I've attached to your SD card and run it. Make sure to do whatever the screen says. Wait for it to finish, don't turn it off. Report back on what happened

Put it on my card and then did everything it told me to, the picture of the cart changed to a Japanese enix game with mario and the slime from dragon quest. When I boot up the card on my dslite it still works normally but on my DSiXL I still get the same error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off..." I guess the screen takes a bit longer to fade into the error but that might just be my eyes playing a trick on me.

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Put it on my card and then did everything it told me to, the picture of the cart changed to a Japanese enix game with mario and the slime from dragon quest. When I boot up the card on my dslite it still works normally but on my DSiXL I still get the same error "An error has occurred. Press and hold the power button to turn the system off..." I guess the screen takes a bit longer to fade into the error but that might just be my eyes playing a trick on me.
I've looked again but apparently, this card only supports up to DSi FW 1.4.4. I know you could downgrade your DSi but that would be too much of a risk

Flux-Rifle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've looked again but apparently, this card only supports up to DSi FW 1.4.4. I know you could downgrade your DSi but that would be too much of a risk

So youre saying it would just be easier to get a new R4 cart since there is no hope in this one working with my DSiXL?

nxwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
So youre saying it would just be easier to get a new R4 cart since there is no hope in this one working with my DSiXL?
Yes, that cart is a clone of another cart.

If you want something nice, get the R4i Gold 3DS RTS cart from r4ids.cn

If you want something that also plays GBA and SNES games with great speeds and good comatibility, get a DSTWO or the DSTWO+

Flux-Rifle

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yes, that cart is a clone of another cart.

If you want something nice, get the R4i Gold 3DS RTS cart from r4ids.cn

If you want something that also plays GBA and SNES games with great speeds and good comatibility, get a DSTWO or the DSTWO+

Okay makes sense, thanks alot for the file though I really appreciate it! And Ill definitely check out that cart (Always wanted to play romancing saga 3) ^_^

Reactions: nxwing

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yawn
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Lonely here
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Anybody?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I want my money back... Drug test? No drugs to test but they want me to pee in a cup! Lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Better call Pedro you're up in smoke
    +2
  • C @ Clayton44333:
    hey any1 know if there is a new version of the ps4 homebrew store ?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Finally there are people here
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    We're figments of your imagination
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: We're figments of your imagination +1