Gaming What do you want from the Switch?

WeedZ

Possibly an Enlightened Being
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Backwards compatability. Easy to repair parts, great games, and innovation. I reached a point gaming where I need a lot of variety to keep me interested in a game.
Same here. I get really bored with the mundane. Sometimes wonder if I'm into gaming at all anymore. I want something original.

Reactions: Justinde75

netovsk

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I have a bunch of friends who have been gaming only in pc for ages willing to buy the switch.

Discussing about it, it was clear what we expect. Solid nintendo exclusives (zelda, mario kart, etc), a good price point (around what the wii U goes for nowdays or hopefully less) and above all else a good portable handheld local multiplayer experience, just like that video reveal made a great job at hyping us for. Something we could take to our BBQs and play together like we did in the 16 bit era.

Deboog

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If that thing has a battery life of 5+ hrs and it runs games at an acceptable framerate as a portable I'm sold.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
If it includes Nvidia gamestream in any form, that'll tip me over the edge. I've bought a Shield Portable and Shield TV, I got rid of the portable. Two reasons why: small screen and fold-out design, other than that it was a great device. Switch has neither of these problems so it could be the best mobile console Nintendo has ever released, not to mention more powerful than the WiiU on the docked side. Being able to play my PC games with Switch in any room of my house or out on the deck would be the cherry on top.

It's not an unreasonable assumption that it might have gamestream, either, since Skyrim was shown in the trailer but isn't confirmed to natively support Switch (yet).

Last edited by Xzi,

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Isn't that a good thing? Surely you want the screen protected.
It's a fold-out design shoved into an Xbox One-sized controller, so there just wasn't enough room for a decent-sized screen. And even despite that small real estate, the screen had a pretty large black border. I think I would've been more pleased with the Shield Tablet, but I already had a 2-in-1 tablet PC. Switch is different enough from that because of Nintendo games and attachable/detachable analog controls, thus easier multiplayer capability as well.

RockRiver

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cause NO backwards compatibility with physical 3DS carts I will not Switch on (buy NX).
3DS has big and great library. I want it on a big screen. Citra Emulation then. Sorry "Big N", dissapoint with you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @Psionic Roshambo, would you recommend playing n64 games on a ps3 through retroarch?