Gaming What do you want from the Switch?

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
This may be more of a request from Square Enix, but Kingdom Hearts 3 :P

I don't see that happening, either. The games will probably support 4k resolution by default. Making a gimped down port doesn't seem so good...
Also there's a possibility that both Microsoft and Sony signed to have "shared exclusivity" or some crap like that

Chary

Never sleeps
OP
Chief Editor
Trophies
Website
opencritic.com
XP
Country
United States
Do you even know how much power it takes to emulate a GCN?
I mean, afaik XBOX, PS2, even less GCN aren't emulate-able consoles on the go. Much less the wii and beyond. Guessing the Switch use a top notch tegra and nvidia chipsets, it wouldn't still be enough to emulate those, i think.
GCN in special was the most powerful of the 3 consoles of that generation....
Well, to be fair, the Shield Tablet could at least attempt to run Dolphin, and that had an older, slower version of the Tegra, which the Switch is using. If Nintendo really tries, it could be possible.

Alex658

Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, to be fair, the Shield Portable could at least attempt to run Dolphin, and that had an older, slower version of the Tegra, which the Switch is using. If Nintendo really tries, it could be possible.

Marked your keyword here.
I guess it would really depend on how much of a quick effortless cash grab it can become. I just wish that if it happens, it doesn't end up like GBA's ambassador program for o3DS.

Reactions: Aerocool and Chary

VincentBeasley

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
*Reggie steps out to the stage* "The Virtual Console is no more. We have a new unified account system. You buy your digital classics such as Super Mario Bros 3 and Chrono Trigger and take them anywhere. And the best part... you keep them forever." *Pull his mic from his blazer and drops it* ..........*briskly walks back to the mic* "Oh and Gamecube support"

Last edited by VincentBeasley,

Returnofganon

I pretend like I know what I'm talking about
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want the screen to be made out of something scratch resistant. I would probably use it more on the go than at my house and I don't want that experience to be ruined with a scratched screen

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Metroid and Nintendo has my wallet. Persona 5 portable because atlus is king. Gamecube and Wii support and ported WiiU games and I'll sing ballads of Nintendo Dev's till I die.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i'm getting one for sure already no questions ask but backwards compatibility for the 3ds would really do it for me, a decent media player like kodi would help sell it to my family members

Darkrai

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A good amount of memory included. 32 GB can barely hold 2 good games not to mention updates. I want to see at least 500 GB for normal model and 1TB for deluxe.

You live in the dream realm. No way that thing will come up with 1TB.

Ayway, I'm pretty sure I will buy it on day one haha

Last edited by Darkrai,

TheDarkGreninja

Listening to a song ad nauseam
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
4K streaming would be nice.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The most we know is that it's going to use a Tegra SoC, most likely a custom X2. So GPU/CPU wise, not exactly good news compared to the other consoles.

Nothing on RAM or storage space, though. There was a "leak" of specs by some hacker I guess, but it's just a rumor. http://pastebin.com/UD1Vx9rf I just hope it's not accurate >.>
I dont think you know how powerful the x2 is, it has 1.5 tflops of GPU power under its belt and since its running pascal which is by far better than polaris which would give the PS4 a run for its money. (The ps4 having 1.8 tflops but also on a much larger and crappier architecture compared to the switch.)

You live in the dream realm. No way that thing will come up with 1TB.

Ayway, I'm pretty sure I will buy one on day one haha
Well it is cartridge based so this wont be a major issue anyways.

it'll sure as hell be better in terms of specs than the Wii U, at least I assume.
Its insanely more powerful compared to Wiiu. (at least double)

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I dont think you know how powerful the x2 is, it has 1.5 tflops of GPU power under its belt and since its running pascal which is by far better than polaris which would give the PS4 a run for its money. (The ps4 having 1.8 tflops but also on a much larger and crappier architecture compared to the switch.)
1.5TFLOPS...when using 16bit. It's half that at 750GFLOPS when tested at FP32, which is what will actually be used.

So no, it's not going to "give the PS4 a run for it's money", nor will it be that much powerful vs the Wii U.

Reactions: dimmidice

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
1.5TFLOPS...when using 16bit. It's half that at 750GFLOPS when tested at FP32, which is what will actually be used.

So no, it's not going to "give the PS4 a run for it's money", nor will it be that much powerful vs the Wii U.
Sorry didnt know they were giving benchmarks with FP16. However, keep in mind this is a custom chip so im sure it will be higher than 750, more around 1-1.3. Also with rumours saying that there is hardware acceleration in the dock im sure the number can go higher.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Nintendo already confirmed there is no additional hardware in the dock, just HDMI and power. And I highly doubt Nvidia is going to manage to get 400+GFLOPS from a custom chip that's going to have to be portable as well, otherwise they'd have to severely underclock the thing just to keep battery life somewhat "ok" which will in turn kill performance in just about any game.

Face it, the Switch isn't going to be a power house period. This won't be much of a problem for Nintendo, since they can squeeze every ounce of power with their own games that look good, but third party devs are going to have to downgrade their games if they want them to run well at all docked and "ok" when it's portable.

TheDarkGreninja

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Nintendo already confirmed there is no additional hardware in the dock, just HDMI and power. And I highly doubt Nvidia is going to manage to get 400+GFLOPS from a custom chip that's going to have to be portable as well, otherwise they'd have to severely underclock the thing just to keep battery life somewhat "ok" which will in turn kill performance in just about any game.

Face it, the Switch isn't going to be a power house period. This won't be much of a problem for Nintendo, since they can squeeze every ounce of power with their own games that look good, but third party devs are going to have to downgrade their games if they want them to run well at all docked and "ok" when it's portable.
Source? Also, they said its main function was to provide power and HDMI output, not its only functionality as we quite clearly see USB ports which were not talked about. It will probably run between 500-650 portable and will max out at 1000-1300 tflops when docked even if there is no hardware acceleration. Call me optimistic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: At least someone other than myself thought it was funny :rofl: +1