Hardware What can you do with a N3DS(Scene)?

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
Well, i have plans on selling my 3ds xl and buying a japanese n3ds, i gonna get my self one with a zelda ocarina of time japanese for using it with Gateway, so my questions are:
-Can you Install Cias?
-homebrew
-do i need every single time ocarina cart for loading gateway?
-what can you actually do with a hacked n3ds?

Greetings!

dkabot

Better With Others' Systems Than Their Own
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, i have plans on selling my 3ds xl and buying a japanese n3ds, i gonna get my self one with a zelda ocarina of time japanese for using it with Gateway, so my questions are:
-Can you Install Cias?
-homebrew
-do i need every single time ocarina cart for loading gateway?
-what can you actually do with a hacked n3ds?

Greetings!
  1. You may want to ask such things in the "Flashcarts and Custom Firmware" section.
  2. Yes, you can install CIAs
  3. Some homebrew is available in CIA format, see above
  4. Not presently, as you can downgrade MSET and use that as an entry point instead. You do, however, need some means to load the save onto Oot which wasn't noted in your post.
  5. You can do many things. Mostly piracy right now (any game that requires up to 9.5 on a N3DS presently due to limits), but some emulators and miscellaneous homebrew are about, as well as hacking ROMs into Virtual Console and other things like home menu themes.

JazzCat.CL

OP
Trophies
Website
chevaduchat.wordpress.com
XP
Country
Chile
  1. You may want to ask such things in the "Flashcarts and Custom Firmware" section.
  2. Yes, you can install CIAs
  3. Some homebrew is available in CIA format, see above
  4. Not presently, as you can downgrade MSET and use that as an entry point instead. You do, however, need some means to load the save onto Oot which wasn't noted in your post.
  5. You can do many things. Mostly piracy right now (any game that requires up to 9.5 on a N3DS presently due to limits), but some emulators and miscellaneous homebrew are about, as well as hacking ROMs into Virtual Console and other things like home menu themes.
Thank you for the info!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: