What are your favorite old drama shows?

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for me, I went with Knight Rider, The A-Team, CHIPs, Miami Vice, Emergency!, Hawaii Five-O, Magnum, P.I. and Starsky & Hutch.

What about y'all?

JuanMena

90's Kid, Old Skull Gamer & Artist
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm not that old... but Law and Order is a classic.
Been watching them with mom since I can remember (literally).

X-Files are also one of my faves but that's been unaired for entire decades.

Dead Like Me was an awesome show, been having a crush on Laura Harris since the early 2000s.

CSI Las Vegas was the best CSI and still is.

Can we consider Xena, Hercules amd Sinbad fantasy/drama? If so, add them.

ER is the best "med" drama ever made. Still can't believe the show got away with such graphic death scenes and traumatic patients. Love it.

My absolute favorite that I still watch today is Law and Order SVU.

Less aired in my country but still good: Law and Order Criminal Intent.

Last edited by JuanMena,
Reactions: JeepX87

mrgone

old man
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
This is obviously going about the golden 80s

I would say Knight Rider, Airwolf & The A-Team, basically some kind of renegades
On the other hand maybe that's the reason i did not like the police shows CHiPs, Starsky & Hutch or Hawaii 5-O

This is totally dependent where and when it was aired
e.g. i saw Miami Vice super-late, because it only came super-late night on public tv, but when it suddenly aired at prime-time on private-tv it was now available to a whole new group of viewers and had stellar ratings ( everybody was perplexed )

If the 90s are included:
X-Files was also great but i think i stopped watching religiously after season 4 or so and only watched the twp-parters from then
If StarTrek TNG and DS9 are SF-drama, then i add them :)
Babylon5 the SF-DRAMA of all SF-Dramas

But i have to add: old is a relative term
the Battlestar Galactica Remake is now 20 years old!
Star Trek TOS was younger when i first watched it mid-80s as a double-pack with Dreaming of Jeannie ;)

Reactions: JeepX87

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks people for the "wow I am old" moment. Seen quite of a few of the shows mentioned and several more besides.

Was watching The Pretender the other day. Did quite well.
While I was ill once I watched a whole bunch of 1960s Mission Impossible. Really good stuff actually, closer to the N64 game than the "modern" film franchise.
On ER being best medical show... first 8 or so series stood up when I watched it again a year or two back but recently was watching Bodies (BBC3 show from early 2000s) and that might pip it for me. I have a thing about medical shows though (no desire to be a medic in the slightest, one kind of needs to have compassion, but find them fascinating) so I tend to leave them out of such lists.
On Babylon5 I missed it at the time and last year some time went and watched it for the first time. "the Amiga made some of the graphics" and it shows but there is something there and was sneaking in truly long form arcs and high concept sci fi way ahead of everything else which was villain of the week (though this did have a bit of that). On sci fi though I imagine my tastes are questionable (case in point I will stand up for Andromeda).

More UK wise then I rarely watched much. Mostly game shows, straight up comedy (Red Dwarf does it for me), kids shows (did see Aquila the other year, still held up for me), teen shows (give me Skins and Misfits over most things), panel shows and films when I watched TV. Never liked Dr Who, there was a sci fi show that used to be on saturday evenings in the late 90s/early 2000s and was a high tech crime fighting show which has probably aged off a cliff and never had anything that they show for 50 something women to touch themselves to, sell to Americans or be nostalgia for an age that never existed.

Reactions: mrgone and JeepX87

JeepX87

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
H&I has Star Trek block from 8 pm to 1 am on Sun to Fri (eastern time zone).

I do like Nash Bridges (feeling very much like sequel to Miami Vice but settle in SF instead of Miami, and Philip Michael Thomas was in some episodes); and JAG, original MacGyver and Walker, Texas Ranger.

JAG was started before NCIS.

Original MacGyver is great but reboot is ugh... alright.

Some people don't like Walker, Texas Ranger due to fakeness but it is better than serialized, reboot of Walker on The CW.

Reactions: AncientBoi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto