Misc What are the current methods of HomePass that would work for me?

Psionatix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did a lot of research on MAC spoofer and it actually permanently changed some people's MAC addresses. They had to manually set them back after each use. Have you checked your phones MAC? Or did you write it down before you spoofed it?

Each and every time I run MAC Spoofer, it's output display always shows 'Original Mac' and 'Current Mac' - these values have never actually changed for me, they have always displayed the same MAC, which I know to be my phone's default, original MAC. Because it certainly doesn't match any of the ones I have attempted to change it to, either. Thanks for letting me know that might have happened. From this, I am pretty certain it hasn't.

I guess I need to try and find a new method to Spoof my phones mac as a hotspot.

karikrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psionatix said:
Each and every time I run MAC Spoofer, it's output display always shows 'Original Mac' and 'Current Mac' - these values have never actually changed for me, they have always displayed the same MAC, which I know to be my phone's default, original MAC. Because it certainly doesn't match any of the ones I have attempted to change it to, either. Thanks for letting me know that might have happened. From this, I am pretty certain it hasn't.

I guess I need to try and find a new method to Spoof my phones mac as a hotspot.

Make sure to check your MAC in you WiFi settings. Other people said it mess up their ip address but I think a soft reboot fixed the problem. I would be willing to still use it even if it did change my MAC address permanently. I have to drive to MacDonald's every time and only get the same 5 people. On Tomodachi Life I got my first traveler 9 months ago and never got another one. It makes the game kinda pointless without getting travelers or hearing from your own travelers.

karikrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psionatix said:
HomePass one mac every 8 hours, rather than all MACS every 8 hours.

What MAC address are you using? If I remember correctly you said all the Mii's were from the United States? If I ever get mine to work I will use the same one :lol:

Psionatix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What MAC address are you using? If I remember correctly you said all the Mii's were from the United States? If I ever get mine to work I will use the same one :lol:

Actually, that was just on the first and second success. The third and fourth lot of HomePass streetpasses have been from France, Germany, Japan, US and Canada. Italy as well.

I would like to point out that.. if my MAC isn't being Spoofed.. then this is the current set up working for me, should also work on a non-rooted phone:

Without using an app, set up your phone / devices hotspot settings as an 'open/unsecure/unencrypted' connection with the SSID 'NZ@McD1'.

These are my settings and it has proven obvious that my devices MAC is still it's original MAC, yet despite this, with the above settings, it is still possible to get HomePass hits every 8 hours. This particular set up must be connecting to the same NZ each time.

karikrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psionatix said:
Without using an app, set up your phone / devices hotspot settings as an 'open/unsecure/unencrypted' connection with the SSID 'NZ@McD1'.

Do you have it saved in your 3DS as a WiFi connection?

karikrum

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Psionatix said:

I did it, but it didn't work. My Nintendo Zone icon goes but won't doing anything when I connect cause of my region settings. At least that's what I assume it says. It's in German I think. Definitely no Streetpasses! So frustrating!

Psionatix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did it, but it didn't work. My Nintendo Zone icon goes but won't doing anything when I connect cause of my region settings. At least that's what I assume it says. It's in German I think. Definitely no Streetpasses! So frustrating!

I should also note that, I have no connections saved on my 3DS system. I don't have my phones hot spot 'saved' in the Internet settings.

Not sure if that would make any difference.

But, if it isn't working for you, why does it work for my phone?

Is it possible one of the other methods I tried spoofed my MAC permanently? How would I check? Surely this can't be the case because MAC Spoofer shows my original and current MAC, to be my phones actual MAC.

MAC Spoofer shows the original/current MAC for the wlan0 interface. Does the hot spot use a different interface for devices to connect to and is it possible that one is spoofed as an NZ?

Psionatix

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Latest update.. I got HomePass working on my Windows 7 laptop using the linux VM Ware method.

My set up:

My laptops wireless network card is connected to my router (internet).
I have a TP-Link USB adapter connected to my laptop too.

With the pre-configured homepass Virtual Machine loaded into VMPlayer, I connect the TP-Link adapter to the Virtual Machine.

From there on, it works all by itself. At first, the street passes were a little slow, took 5~10 min between passes, but eventually they were coming in every few minutes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @salazarcosplay, I heard herbert stopped appearing on the show