What are the chances of an associated nintendo account being banned on a hacked switch?

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I have set up emuNAND on my switch and have taken many precautions to not get banned but I'm still cautious about adding my main nintendo account to my hacked switch because I don't want the account to get banned if the switch gets banned. Has this ever been the case?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I only hacked my switch for the first time yesterday and I'm just figuring things out.

erder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hey, I do not think ur acc can even get banned but i am not 100% sure. From what I know only the switch gets banned and not the acc. So even if your switch gets banned the acc should be fine. But again i am not an expert thats just what i know. I have a banned switch with the same acc on my other modded switch on my 2. modded switch I can still access everything so yeah I think your acc cant get banned. I found this online "Although Nintendo does ban accounts for smaller infractions such as obscene language and not paying subscription fees, they will also ban gamers’ consoles (like the Switch) who are cheating, modifying their games or devices, or using pirated or home-brewed software. " so its a bit unclear but if you follow the steps correctly with emunand and blocking nintendo servers the risk is so low that you really have to do something really stupid (like me) to get banned.

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hey, I do not think ur acc can even get banned but i am not 100% sure. From what I know only the switch gets banned and not the acc. So even if your switch gets banned the acc should be fine. But again i am not an expert thats just what i know. I have a banned switch with the same acc on my other modded switch on my 2. modded switch I can still access everything so yeah I think your acc cant get banned. I found this online "Although Nintendo does ban accounts for smaller infractions such as obscene language and not paying subscription fees, they will also ban gamers’ consoles (like the Switch) who are cheating, modifying their games or devices, or using pirated or home-brewed software. " so its a bit unclear but if you follow the steps correctly with emunand and blocking nintendo servers the risk is so low that you really have to do something really stupid (like me) to get banned.
Yeah I am under the same assumption, but I just really want to make sure I'm as safe as possible. Thank you so much for your answer!

erder

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Np. You can try to do more research or ask someone who has a lot of knowledge in a DC server like reswitched or even better gaming. Reddit is also extremely helpful but it's private at the moment because of the api protest

hartleyshc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Account bans are usually reserved for "financial issues". Stuff like doing a chargeback on a credit card purchase, or using a stolen credit card. Making in game purchases using the same kinds of means.

Typically the only way a "regular" user would get caught up in this is if they bought a game code from one of those cd key websites, and the seller had used a stolen credit card. The end user would be the one with the account ban.

Console bans are typically all that's done in cases of piracy.

Reactions: kidkat210

AphX

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Np. You can try to do more research or ask someone who has a lot of knowledge in a DC server like reswitched or even better gaming. Reddit is also extremely helpful but it's private at the moment because of the api protest
Yeah I would have gone on reddit but I've also had very negative responses from people towards less knowledgeable users, and of course like all the subreddits are down.

Account bans are usually reserved for "financial issues". Stuff like doing a chargeback on a credit card purchase, or using a stolen credit card. Making in game purchases using the same kinds of means.

Typically the only way a "regular" user would get caught up in this is if they bought a game code from one of those cd key websites, and the seller had used a stolen credit card. The end user would be the one with the account ban.

Console bans are typically all that's done in cases of piracy.
Thank you for the info! I'll be sure to keep that in mind.

TomSwitch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have set up emuNAND on my switch and have taken many precautions to not get banned but I'm still cautious about adding my main nintendo account to my hacked switch because I don't want the account to get banned if the switch gets banned. Has this ever been the case?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, I only hacked my switch for the first time yesterday and I'm just figuring things out.
The question is not stupid but going online with any account when you are doing stuff that can get you banned is.

I think it is only possible to say that you should not trust any answer that say your account won't be banned.

Waiting to hear what you wish to hear and then proceed to take the risk is what you want?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: see ya