Emulation Emulator What are best PS1 emulators for switch?

Fezaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Best performance as Switch homebrew without installing another whole operating system is the Duckstation test build from the RetroNX discord, it's pinned in the #emulation channel.
PLEASE HELP!!! i already downloaded and installed duckstation from retroNX discord > pin into my jb switch. how do i make duckstation work on my jailbroken nintendo switch? (not running on android. its on Horizon). i've put scph1001.bin BIOS file in BIOS folder (switch/duckstation/BIOS/here.....). i run the duckstation.nro and and its not working. Duckstation main menu shows up on my nintendo switch but no options work when click them: Settings. load file. game list. nothing works. HOW THE HECK SO I MAKE DUCKSTATION work on my switch?????? ive seen people on youtube playing PS1 games fine using duckstation.nro on their switch (not on android)

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
PLEASE HELP!!! i already downloaded and installed duckstation from retroNX discord > pin into my jb switch. how do i make duckstation work on my jailbroken nintendo switch? (not running on android. its on Horizon). i've put scph1001.bin BIOS file in BIOS folder (switch/duckstation/BIOS/here.....). i run the duckstation.nro and and its not working. Duckstation main menu shows up on my nintendo switch but no options work when click them: Settings. load file. game list. nothing works. HOW THE HECK SO I MAKE DUCKSTATION work on my switch?????? ive seen people on youtube playing PS1 games fine using duckstation.nro on their switch (not on android)
I've seen it mentioned that DuckStation has a problem with folders - try deleting the BIOS folder, running DuckStation so it creates the folder itself, then exiting and putting the BIOS inside the newly created folder.

Also make sure you're running in title takeover mode (start homebrew menu by running a game from the home menu while holding R), and not from the album icon.

Beyond that, you're best off asking for help on the discord.

Reactions: jkm81

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've seen it mentioned that DuckStation has a problem with folders - try deleting the BIOS folder, running DuckStation so it creates the folder itself, then exiting and putting the BIOS inside the newly created folder.

Also make sure you're running in title takeover mode (start homebrew menu by running a game from the home menu while holding R), and not from the album icon.

just made it work, thanks

Reactions: hippy dave

Fezaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

I got it all figured out and ps1 games working great. So basically B is X and A is circle. Silly things i know lol. I put latest EU, US AND JPN ps1 bios files all in bios folder. all working good now thanks mate appreciate your help.

• Love
Reactions: hippy dave

MrMrMr

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for PS1 on Switch....I have basic Homebrew installed. Is there a way for Duckstation to download onto it? Any instructions where, which version?

I thought you'd have to use RetroArch, but if Duckstation is better, happy to try this. Does it run fine for games, no slow down etc?

Last edited by MrMrMr,

Fezaan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Looking for PS1 on Switch....I have basic Homebrew installed. Is there a way for Duckstation to download onto it? Any instructions where, which version?

I thought you'd have to use RetroArch, but if Duckstation is better, happy to try this. Does it run fine for games, no slow down etc?
Yeah i know. I done it. Pm me on facebook i can send it to you + tutorial
www.facebook.com/IntelliAli

Keylogger

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Best performance as Switch homebrew without installing another whole operating system is the Duckstation test build from the RetroNX discord, it's pinned in the #emulation channel.
M
link to the thread pls ?

kfirbep

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the answer is (in this case) because I'm too lazy to finish things, so I don't feel I can call it a proper release, but I do make stuff which people kinda want so I throw it somewhere.

Yes it needs bios files, they should go into /switch/duckstation/bios
I am trying to play Final Fantasy 7 I have the 3 discs of the game and I put the bios in
/switch/duckstation/bios
but it doesn't work, I tried to tell it to run the bios itself and it does nothing... any suggestions?

jkm81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am trying to play Final Fantasy 7 I have the 3 discs of the game and I put the bios in

but it doesn't work, I tried to tell it to run the bios itself and it does nothing... any suggestions?
i had an issue where every time i try to play a game it would send me back to the menu. reinstalling the app, opening the app and letting the app create the bios folder by itself and then putting the bios in the bios folder fixed the problem for me.

JayTheAverageGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I have put DuckStation Standalone on my Switch, I got it from the Discord Channel and when I click on DuckStation it boots in to Atmosphere Error Page were I must press Power Button on Switch to Reboot the Switch. I can not get into DuckStation at all, I tried adding Bios incase that was the problem at hand, but too no avail I can not get it to boot with out the Error Page..

Anyeone encounter such a problem and perhaps has a way too get passed this so I can enjoy PS1 Games! Thanks

draftguy123

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I have put DuckStation Standalone on my Switch, I got it from the Discord Channel and when I click on DuckStation it boots in to Atmosphere Error Page were I must press Power Button on Switch to Reboot the Switch. I can not get into DuckStation at all, I tried adding Bios incase that was the problem at hand, but too no avail I can not get it to boot with out the Error Page..

Anyeone encounter such a problem and perhaps has a way too get passed this so I can enjoy PS1 Games! Thanks

https://gbatemp.net/threads/what-are-best-ps1-emulators-for-switch.616484/page-2#post-10215538

Title Override Press and hold the R-Button while launching a game to start the hombrew menu in full ram mode.
And start Duckstation in handheld mode, the gui is bugged when starting docked.

Last edited by draftguy123,

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi everyone, can someone please post the invite link to the discord server? The one previously posted is expired.

Is this still the best way to emulate PS1 games on the switch? I tried using the core in retroarch and that seemed to work pretty well also. Does this work better than that?

catlover007

Developer
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Hi everyone, can someone please post the invite link to the discord server? The one previously posted is expired.

Is this still the best way to emulate PS1 games on the switch? I tried using the core in retroarch and that seemed to work pretty well also. Does this work better than that?
I very much think duckstation is for most users the best PS1 emulator on Switch and otherwise. It does very good on pretty much all fronts (accuracy, performance, enhancements).

You've come just to the right time. I've finally got to update duckstation to the latest version. Besides some minor fixes and features and one very annoying bug it is done. Expect a thread here on the release in the coming week.

captansam

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I very much think duckstation is for most users the best PS1 emulator on Switch and otherwise. It does very good on pretty much all fronts (accuracy, performance, enhancements).

You've come just to the right time. I've finally got to update duckstation to the latest version. Besides some minor fixes and features and one very annoying bug it is done. Expect a thread here on the release in the coming week.
Amazing! Where can I get the latest update?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    DinohScene @ DinohScene: ahh nothing beats a coffee disaronno at work