Hacking What am i doing wrong? :(

aznboy_jx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I have my emuNAND to 9.0.0-20U and i have my new gateway updated to 2.4b, but why do i keep getting this error after pressing SELECT to display my games. 20% of the time, I am able to get it to work just fine and games work perfectly. Another 20% of the time, I see the ROMS show up on the menu but when i press on them, nothing happens and the card goes non-responsive. and about the remaining 60% of the time, i get the error "MicroSD card not ready." From reading on other threads, it says its still loading so i just have to wait for it all to respond to press SELECT for the games to load up.

I just got the gateway a day ago and am wondering if this is a hardware or software issue. I am using a 64GB Sandisk Extreme Plus, formatted in exFat. I've tried other cards and having the same results. I've tried opening other apps like the Nintendo Camera and closing right away to see if it resets anything, and nothing. Has anyone ever came across this issue? i tried google-ing it and seems like there's not much out about this issue. any suggestions? much appreciated for any response.

Abcdfv

What comes around goes around.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like your microsd slot is not fitting tight. Could try a piece of tape on the gateway, or send it in for a new one

aznboy_jx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. I'm very tempted to just get a hold of realhotstuff to see if i can get this thing exchanged. i mean, i don't get it; when it actually works, its amazing!

aznboy_jx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
thanks CFallenleaf.. seems to have helped a little bit, formatted 2 sandisk with the panasonic sd formatter.. I'm having better luck with the Sandisk Ultra which is a lot slower than my Sandisk Extreme Plus.. but getting the games to load only like 50% of the time, maybe even less at times..

Deleted member 333767

Trophies
XP
Sounds like you've ruled out that it's a problem with the SD. Could be faulty Gateway red card.

If I recall there is two types of gateway red cards, wasn't there? First one was just push SD card in and the second was push in and click, similar to the 3DS game card slot..... I might be wrong.

aznboy_jx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah.. i just bought mine and received it on Wednesday from Realhotsuff.. it is one that pushes and clicks.. i may have to get a hold of them to send this one back

man... can't even get any ROM to open anymore.. sometimes, I'm lucky and will see the multiROM menu but when i choose something, nothing happens :S

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
man... can't even get any ROM to open anymore.. sometimes, I'm lucky and will see the multiROM menu but when i choose something, nothing happens :S

try loading up a app from the homescreen when it does this (like the camera app or whatever) not sure why but this has happen to me a few times and as soon as i launch something else you see the game pop up on the homescreen, just exit out and play......might be a bit of a bug in the new FW, but it hasn't happened to me lots of times just a couple of times, and i think it was probably down to me pressing select too fast or something

aznboy_jx

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sweet tip because it's working a little better now.. maybe it's just from the software update.. i was getting worried because i haven't seen much posting about this issue

Jonytestxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Bro you are not alone I have the same issue I thoungh was alone have tried everything but it's the same the gateway only loads games when it wants =( if you found a solution please make me know

alexenochs

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if either of you own smash bros legit try erasing your emunand and updating it with smash bros to 8.1 by holding up while booting into the gateway menu mode install the update in emunand and USE 2.3b instead of 2.4b see if that helps as it does seem to be an issue with this firmware

Jonytestxd

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I'm using fat32 with a 16gb class 10 =( and I really don't want to format emunand can I save my save files?? I almost have finish pokemon X

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: