Welcome to crush your enemy gaming

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Hello,

please share your favorite (single player) gaming experiences, that gave you a satisfying sensation of having crushed your enemies. I mean complete obliteration. Absolutly dominated. Whiped out without a trace. Hits like nuclear strikes. Power, force, mayhem.

To be clear, this can include games where you beat your opposition with intelligence and without physical force.

My pick is Unreal Tournament with bots.

Reactions: Taleweaver

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oooh... UT99. Excellent pick. :D
It's been years, but i remember hyperblast against Xan. Dude was insane no matter what difficulty, as he just increases his stats with your skill(meaning: eventually the level becomes relatively easy compared to the previous challenge levels). Nice timing on the power-ups, by the way. :)

My pick would probably be UT2004's onslaught. I just ended up playing online and being better than pretty much any public server player. Even after the manta nerd i just kept pancaking everyone and securing nodes where resistance was weak.

On single player, I'm thinking of one finger death punch. Just... Youtube some gameplay. It's not a hard to understand game, but it goes all in on style (rising sunsets, angelic chanting, slow motion, breaking the environment... Like you say: power, force, mayhem).

Reactions: Creamu

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Oooh... UT99. Excellent pick. :D
Thank you!
It's been years, but i remember hyperblast against Xan. Dude was insane no matter what difficulty, as he just increases his stats with your skill(meaning: eventually the level becomes relatively easy compared to the previous challenge levels). Nice timing on the power-ups, by the way. :)
Oh no, is there more trickery going on?
My pick would probably be UT2004's onslaught. I just ended up playing online and being better than pretty much any public server player. Even after the manta nerd i just kept pancaking everyone and securing nodes where resistance was weak.
Haven't tried that one yet, but something tells me, that I would completly crush and bring you to tears right before I totally obliterate you.

On single player, I'm thinking of one finger death punch. Just... Youtube some gameplay. It's not a hard to understand game, but it goes all in on style (rising sunsets, angelic chanting, slow motion, breaking the environment... Like you say: power, force, mayhem).

First: Max Payne on Classic XBOX,

Second: Total Overdose also on Classic XBOX :)

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Total Overdose was a MP rip-off, bullet time, similar shooting mechanics/ player movement, and is filled with stereotypes.. It's not bad pee se, just decent..

CoolMe

"Action-packed movie" star
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
:rolleyes:.....yeah....yes.....you're right.....but cool Games though.
For the record, I wasn't saying that to criticize your taste in games/gaming, i said that because both have very similar gameplay mechanics and that's maybe why you've chosen those 2 games back to back. :D
Btw, have you played MP2 (on Xbox) and 3 on (X360/PS3/PC) ?

Reactions: Blauhasenpopo

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Max Payne 2 on XBOX Classic....buuuuut MP 1 is better....3 i haven't played 'cause i don't own any XBOX later than CLASSIC....#cause of the Microsoft Behavior with The CLASSiC as they launched the 360.
you know ;)

Last edited by Blauhasenpopo,

Blauhasenpopo

GBATemp's Funeral Director
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
hmmmmm.....i loved the Story more and the Atmosphere was tighter, thicker, don't know how to say/describe....the "Baby-Searching" Level with the Crying in the back...Dolby Digital freshly installed in the Living Room....played it in the Night, at these Times...you know...very cool.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Oh no, is there more trickery going on?
... Oh, that's not you in the video? Yeah, sure. Once you know it, Xan isn't THAT tough. Let's see...
* the timings of shield belt and armor are set after picking it up (just under 30/60 seconds iirc), so it's key to make sure you're there once they respawn. More so: that is more important than making frags.
* the bots barely spam and follow you more or less blindly. As such, spamming after you through portals is an easy buy effective way to win
* no matter the circumstances, don't go outside. One thing ut99 boots can do well is aim with instant hit(shock rifle), especially in low gravity
* not sure if the player edited the music on top of the video afterward, but i presume so. In one vs one, sounds give important clues about location, which is my guess why he sometimes doesn't pick up ammo for weapons he doesn't use.
Perhaps I'm missing a few tricks(it's been years since i played it), but the first two are undeniable.

Haven't tried that one yet, but something tells me, that I would completly crush and bring you to tears right before I totally obliterate you.

Erm... You're aware that onslaught is about connecting the nodes to the enemy base, right? Being able to pancake someone isn't just a simple tactic but one expected as well because passengers are relatively weak. So... Your remark sounds to me akin to a chess player claiming he could snipe a pawn with a queen until the other player starts crying. It's not only a low hanging fruit but indicates the goal of the game isn't clear to you to begin with.

But ey... I've taken out some mantas on foot. Most people don't expect avrils to the sky to be relocked from above (firing at the manta is stupid: it just gets shot down) , or that the shock rifle bubbles stop a manta dead in its tracks. Losing is still the expected outcome, so i just respawn nearby and take a scorpion if the manta player hasn't locked the node yet(another common mistake: some players thinks it's somehow a win if they can kill me five times without locking the node. It's not. It's called defending, and they don't get their true mission in that thing).

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
... Oh, that's not you in the video? Yeah, sure. Once you know it, Xan isn't THAT tough. Let's see...
* the timings of shield belt and armor are set after picking it up (just under 30/60 seconds iirc), so it's key to make sure you're there once they respawn. More so: that is more important than making frags.
* the bots barely spam and follow you more or less blindly. As such, spamming after you through portals is an easy buy effective way to win
* no matter the circumstances, don't go outside. One thing ut99 boots can do well is aim with instant hit(shock rifle), especially in low gravity
* not sure if the player edited the music on top of the video afterward, but i presume so. In one vs one, sounds give important clues about location, which is my guess why he sometimes doesn't pick up ammo for weapons he doesn't use.
Perhaps I'm missing a few tricks(it's been years since i played it), but the first two are undeniable.
Thank you! The way you describe it you must have a monster kill count over 9000.

Erm... You're aware that onslaught is about connecting the nodes to the enemy base, right? Being able to pancake someone isn't just a simple tactic but one expected as well because passengers are relatively weak. So... Your remark sounds to me akin to a chess player claiming he could snipe a pawn with a queen until the other player starts crying. It's not only a low hanging fruit but indicates the goal of the game isn't clear to you to begin with.
Yes, I haven't looked into UT04 or this type of mode yet. What I was trying to say is that I think with a little bit of practice I could defeat you in UT04 onslaught in a way you wouldn't emotionally recover from.
But ey... I've taken out some mantas on foot. Most people don't expect avrils to the sky to be relocked from above (firing at the manta is stupid: it just gets shot down) , or that the shock rifle bubbles stop a manta dead in its tracks. Losing is still the expected outcome, so i just respawn nearby and take a scorpion if the manta player hasn't locked the node yet(another common mistake: some players thinks it's somehow a win if they can kill me five times without locking the node. It's not. It's called defending, and they don't get their true mission in that thing).
I can see that you are familiar with the details of UT04 onslaught, but have you read Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Clausewitz, the Hagakure and of course the Conan comic series?

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Thank you! The way you describe it you must have a monster kill count over 9000.
Certainly not. After i got seriously beat at a LAN i realised just how dumb bots really are. Just because they were smarter than bots in other games doesn't mean that much.

Yes, I haven't looked into UT04 or this type of mode yet. What I was trying to say is that I think with a little bit of practice I could defeat you in UT04 onslaught in a way you wouldn't emotionally recover from.
Oh, okay. Sorry... I thought you Heeze an idea what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

I can see that you are familiar with the details of UT04 onslaught, but have you read Sun Tzu, Machiavelli, Clausewitz, the Hagakure and of course the Conan comic series?
Just the first two. But I've got the feeling you've got no idea what you're talking about this time either.

Creamu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Zimbabwe
Certainly not. After i got seriously beat at a LAN i realised just how dumb bots really are. Just because they were smarter than bots in other games doesn't mean that much.

Oh, okay. Sorry... I thought you Heeze an idea what you were talking about. :rolleyes:

Just the first two. But I've got the feeling you've got no idea what you're talking about this time either.
Maybe we should settle this on dust2

Last edited by Creamu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Y9WKPRUjNQ4?si=raUf8jEiET8rmH2P