Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Then how do explain the fact that my Vita can be charged by my 3.1A port but not the 2.1A and 1.0A port?
Because the cable is fucked? Because the charger is wonky? I dunno, it could be dozens of things really, but there's no "proprietary USB pinout" so whomever said that is talking out of their ass.

It's likely not even pulling the full 3.1A from the last port.

WiiUBricker

News Police
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Because the cable is fucked? Because the charger is wonky? I dunno, it could be dozens of things really, but there's no "proprietary USB pinout" so whomever said that is talking out of their ass.

It's likely not even pulling the full 3.1A from the last port.
The cable is not fucked. I have two and both act the same. The charger or my power bank isn't wonky as I have no problem with it besides charging the Vita. I also tried chargers of my iPhones, iPad, Nvidia Shield, Xperia phone and other devices (yes, I have a lot of them) and none of them charges my Vita. There must be an explanation for this other than 'this cable and chargers are defect'.

Tikker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's just a standard USB cable dude. something somewhere on your powerbank may just out of spec and the vita rejects the handshake to charge

could be as simple as that

dimmidice

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
PSVita does not charge when you connect the USB cable to a usb connection. That's just how it is. I don't know the reason. However if you have a Nyko PSvita grip it will charge with usb. So that could be an option too. Plus you'd have a comfy grip with extra battery life :P

foob

Trophies
XP
Country
There must be an explanation for this other than 'this cable and chargers are defect'.
I have had instances where one USB port of my power bank won't charge my ereader (not a big power draw at all), while the other one (right next to it & rated the same) will. More noise on one port? Probably.

Most chargers claimed amps are overrated. There are various tests you can do, like buying one of these: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/172479529425 in addition to the always-useful USB voltage / amp meters.

Simonius007

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys,
My OLED vita charges well with "Genuine" Xiaomi power bank 10600 mAh

Отправлено с моего iPhone используя Tapatalk Pro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw