Homebrew Weird OTP Error

D

Deleted User

You can try updating to 9.2 once more using a gamecard, for example Super Smash Bros. If you do not have Super Smash Bros., you can use literally any other gamecard, as none contain 11.0.0 (yet). If you don't have any gamecards... well, you could do a hardmod and restore the NAND backup I presume you have made. There is a way to backup the OTP on 2.2.0, but it requires Cubic Ninja, and I have not found a guide or tutorial for it online.

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can try updating to 9.2 once more using a gamecard, for example Super Smash Bros. If you do not have Super Smash Bros., you can use literally any other gamecard, as none contain 11.0.0 (yet). If you don't have any gamecards... well, you could do a hardmod and restore the NAND backup I presume you have made. There is a way to backup the OTP on 2.2.0, but it requires Cubic Ninja, and I have not found a guide or tutorial for it online.
Shouldn't update to 9.2 from there from what I hear but I have a sky3ds I'll try the 6.xx update thing

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Note : Don't try gateway a9lh method it fails

Never happens to me with plaitects guide so I blame gateway :/

Lesson Learned: Never try gateway

D

Deleted User

Shouldn't update to 9.2 from there from what I hear but I have a sky3ds I'll try the 6.xx update thing

Gateway can be useful in some cases, and their version of A9LH can already be booted with any other version. I'm not sure where you heard not to update to 9.2.0, it sounds a little silly to me, but if you know what you are doing, then good luck!

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gateway can be useful in some cases, and their version of A9LH can already be booted with any other version. I'm not sure where you heard not to update to 9.2.0, it sounds a little silly to me, but if you know what you are doing, then good luck!
Meant the gateway time machine app >.< wanted to try their version of plaitects guide

Whew Pokemon Y sysupdate then back to 9.2 worked 0/15 3dss bricked so far thank god

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

So you're telling me, you used Gateway's downgrader? Even after it's heavily implied that you shouldn't use their beta without a hardmod? Even when the community greatly suggests against it? Well whatever, I think even if you're on 2.2 you should still be able to retrieve your OTP. IIRC, the OTP is locked out on versions after 3.x.

Edit:
You said 2.2.0-0?? That means you have no browser. Do you have another way of accessing homebrew?

Last edited by CreAtor135,

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So you're telling me, you used Gateway's downgrader? Even after it's heavily implied that you shouldn't use their beta without a hardmod? Even when the community greatly suggests against it? Well whatever, I think even if you're on 2.2 you should still be able to retrieve your OTP. IIRC, the OTP is locked out on versions after 3.x.

Edit:
You said 2.2.0-0?? That means you have no browser. Do you have another way of accessing homebrew?
I had cubic ninja from sky3ds but I just got back to 9.2
Gunna stop using that Gateway RIP OFF APP and stick with the original guide that hasn't failed me yet :)

CreAtor135

GBATemp's #1 Nothing
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had cubic ninja from sky3ds but I just got back to 9.2
Gunna stop using that Gateway RIP OFF APP and stick with the original guide that hasn't failed me yet :)
You updated with a cartridge right? So you still have no browser. But i suppose if you have cubic ninja you'll be fine.
And if you don't mind me asking, what the heck are you doing with 15 3DSes?

Last edited by CreAtor135,

runetoonxx2

GBATemp's Cancer
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You updated with a cartridge right? So you still have no browser. But i suppose if you have cubic ninja you'll be fine.
And if you don't mind me asking, what the heck are you doing with 15 3DSes?
Yea cartridge update ;)

The 15 3ds were for friends and family :D

Well 3 are mine but that's besides the point

Still wondering how I winded up at 2.2 tho

D

Deleted User

Yea cartridge update ;)
Still wondering how I winded up at 2.2 tho

Gateway works in mysterious ways... Maybe that is the version that Gateway wants the users to install? I believe that 2.2.0 is the first version with a WebKit exploit, that Gateway seems to use...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Thank You :D