Website making

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
For school we have to make a website in pairs in HTML. I would like to have something like googlecode, but much more simpler to use for our project.
HELP
yay.gif

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Nah my teacher finds out. I meant that I wanted to use something omline so we don't have to use USB-sticks and stuff to update our shit.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know I have to use Notepad, but I want to know which file sharing site has the ability to have a folder setup and such

BiscuitBee

Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
There's a few options you could try out:

1. docs.google.com You can share certain documents between two (or more) users.
2. Get setup with Subversion (it git if you're feeling adventurous). I'm pretty sure googlecode uses SVN. You could probably get TortoiseSVN (a windows client) setup to sync with googlecode.
3. Try dropbox. (getdropbox.com). and share an account.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
BiscuitBee said:
There's a few options you could try out:

1. docs.google.com You can share certain documents between two (or more) users.
2. Get setup with Subversion (it git if you're feeling adventurous). I'm pretty sure googlecode uses SVN. You could probably get TortoiseSVN (a windows client) setup to sync with googlecode.
3. Try dropbox. (getdropbox.com). and share an account.
you're my hero THANK YOU SO MUCH
mthrnitesmiley.gif
yay.gif
smileipb2.png
moogle.gif
toot.gif
laugh.gif
smile.gif
cool.gif
biggrin.gif
bow.gif
nds.gif
wub.gif
grog.gif
yaynds.gif
gbasp.gif
yaypsp.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It seems I am a bit late to the party.
http://pastebin.com/ ?

Also hardly anyone builds a website from scratch; they will have a basic layout or three around and choose their favourite of the three or they will find three other websites they like the look of and rip them off. If you envisage having to make more in the future prepare these now.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I know, but it's for school. You know, making a noob site. It will never be published, it's just for a grade.
@BisquitBee; I can't install at school and docs is a little bit annoying cause it's just online Word. We have to make something from the scratch and in notepad! My teacher will see it when I have made it in something else, cause that will be superhard to read! Even for Bill Gates
tongue.gif

Scorpei

Trophies
Website
scorpei.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
kwartel said:
I know, but it's for school. You know, making a noob site. It will never be published, it's just for a grade.
@BisquitBee; I can't install at school and docs is a little bit annoying cause it's just online Word. We have to make something from the scratch and in notepad! My teacher will see it when I have made it in something else, cause that will be superhard to read! Even for Bill Gates
tongue.gif
Honestly just make it in notepad then. It's really quite easy, html isn't that hard (aside of course from having specific browsers handling it differently). A css also isn't that hard to make, getting the layout to work in most used browsers is a little harder though (but as you say it is for school work, just make it so it works with IE or firefox depending on whatever you guys use most). There are plenty of good guides out there, at the very least telling you the basics. You can also look at simple websites to see how they are made (though be aware that pages can be presented to you differently then they are actually hosted on a site, which in your case probably doesn't really matter).

As for hosting btw, waaaay back I used bravehost. It would be bad to use that in a production enviroment but for what you want to do it sounds prefect.

Kwartel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ok for the last time! I need someplace where you can easily put my stuff so WE are always up to date and we don't do the samething!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: Update on my brother: He's home now, tired and hungry, obviously, but other than that, seems to...