Hacking wbfs for mac os x

emgroom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
been out of the loop for some time with the wii and just recently decided to try out the whole usb loading thing and everything is fine and dandy except for the fact that i can't seem to open wbfs for macosx. i've d/led from quite a few sources and unzipped them, i go to click on it and nothing happens. even if hdd is connected, i get nothing. at most, i get a couple of flashes from the drive's light. i've googled and searched the forum and haven't come up with an answer. if there is then sorry.

what exactly am i doing wrong?

thanks in advance.

edit: i currently have the drive formatted to wbfs via cfgusbloader and installed some games from disc. just can't figure out why wbfs for macosx isn't working. running macbook 10.4.11

aml435

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use Parallels or VMWare Fusion and run WBFS Manager or WiiBackupManager through Windows.
At least, that's what I do.

emgroom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hmm...i guess that is an option if there is no solution to why it this particular application isn't working for me. anybody else care to help a fellow out?

AshuraZro

Belongs in a museum.
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
The WBFS For MacOSX application is very old and nowhere near up to date. It simply should not even be used at this point.

WIT is where it's at for Mac OS.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch.

roku93

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
WBFS for Mac OS X may not be up to date, but it still works great. I think the problem is your old OS version, consider updating to Snow Leopard.

emgroom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wiimm/ashurazro: thanks!! didn't even know that existed. i'll definitely try that one out.

roku93: i thought it was for all macosx versions. oh well. i guess one of these days i'll get around to updating. but for now WIT here i come.

emgroom

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok. i just d/led it along with the gui's and i'm kind of confused. do i need to use terminal to start the gui? i'm not too great with cmd stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Tell that to Psi, he'll tell you otherwise lol.