Hacking WARNING: Buying legit Hori sreen protectors

Wightslayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Mine cost 640Y so yeah, pretty expensive.

ONCE I can get the corner off. Which is nearly IMPOSSIBLE.
I made a massive hole in my touch screen because I had to use a pointy end of a compass and a hairdryer to get it off.

Toni Plutonij

*has TrolleyDave & tiny p1ngy on moderating shelf!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Wightslayer said:
Mine cost 640Y so yeah, pretty expensive.

ONCE I can get the corner off. Which is nearly IMPOSSIBLE.
I made a massive hole in my touch screen because I had to use a pointy end of a compass and a hairdryer to get it off.
Wow, that's really bad......You have to be careful with touchscreen (but I guess you know that)....You know what's actually a good idea..Before applying the screenprotector, just bend a tip of one corner so it doesn't stick to the screen....After you do that, it'll be much easier to remove it when you decide to!

Wightslayer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Simple: Most fake horis suck.

@Toni Plutonij: That's not a bad idea, but the only problem is that is there's something in the corner that you need to touch on the touch screen...

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I'm using fakes that are pretty good....They do scratch, but that's why I have them, to protect the screen and take the scratches off screen..

Wightslayer, you should bend only the tip itself, or maybe rub something against it, so it becomes unstatic/unstickable, so it easy to pick up the corner....Corners are rarely used for touching..

telephony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ugh, I wished I tried buying from Play-Asia instead of DX. Been 7 months since they supposedly shipped my package and yet it's still not here.

What's the difference between the liquid crystal filter and the protection filter on Play-Asia? The protection filter is more expensive but I can't tell the difference.

telephony

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've already done that and filed a ticket about a week or so ago. They are just telling me to wait for it. I assume the package was lost or something, so I'm not even going to bother waiting on it.

monogatari

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I bought a set of Hori 5-piece Screen Protector from Fry's Electronics... Since it's a major store I thought it was completely safe and legit. But after playing with it for a couple of days (no more than a couple of days!) of The World Ends With You the screen protector got scratched up VERY badly. I wonder if this is because the screen protector is bad or am I just playing to rigorously?
unsure.gif

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
monogatari said:
I bought a set of Hori 5-piece Screen Protector from Fry's Electronics... Since it's a major store I thought it was completely safe and legit. But after playing with it for a couple of days (no more than a couple of days!) of The World Ends With You the screen protector got scratched up VERY badly. I wonder if this is because the screen protector is bad or am I just playing to rigorously?
unsure.gif
There could be a problem with your stylus...Check out the tip.....It tends to wear down after some time! So maybe you should replace the stylus you're using..

Screen (or protectors) should never get scratched VERY badly from few days of use!

Cait

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I messed my bottom screen protector up trying to get the dust off of it.. (bought it used, no idea if its real or not... no brown tint, came with button protectors n stuff too)

So has anyone had any REAL Horis come from ebay? Can ya hook me up with a seller name? :/ my dad is psycho and will only buy stuff off ebay... Target is a long ways away from here and I've never even seen a Fry's before..

cepheus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
the way I see it, screen protectors are all temporary.

I bought an intec one and my friend bought a real hori and we both replaced ours after a few months of use.

as with ebay sellers....don't trust them to be real just because they charge more money or offer warranty.

Toni Plutonij

Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
playallday said:
Hey guys how good is the Hori Screen Protectors for DSi from dealextreme?
This is not a legit Hori for sure! It's a fake one, and thing is that it's probably ordinary NDS protector, but just cut in size to fit DSi..

So don't expect "superb" quality as Hori, but I'm guessing it'll do the job, because I'm using Fakes from DX on my DSL, and I'm satisfied!

2Thumbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I managed to compare a fake (far more professional than the OP now) with a genuine one today, here's some pics so people know what to look for.

Fake: Left, Genuine: Right...

18-12-08002.jpg

Fake... (the English text still really gives it away)

18-12-08003.jpg

Genuine...

18-12-08004.jpg

The difference in quality between the 'films' are amazing, I wasn't expecting much of a difference in clarity before the real one arrived. Was wrong though.

rumblesushi

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
2 thumbs, do you think the legit ones are much better then?

I was considering buying some fakes from DX ( I usually wouldn't entertain the idea of buying fake anything) - but jesus, they are just SO cheap, it's tempting
biggrin.gif

If they just didn't last quite as long, it would still be worth it. What would make me buy originals for sure is if the fakes left a residue, or dulled the screen.

Has anyone bought fakes very recently from DX? If so, what does the quality seem to be like at the moment.

2Thumbs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I personally wouldn't risk it. I had to remove the top protector and I had no problem and it didn't leave anything behind on the screen.

I doubt the fake would be like that. Also the quality is really inferior.

Skyline969

MENUdo Afficionado
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah, I think I got fakes from DealExtreme. They have the English text on the labels you peel off of the protectors and they're absolute crap. The one got what feels like a crack in it (either that or a VERY deep scratch) from just the mere application of the protectors. That one, unfortunately, is on the touch screen. When I run my stylus over it, it definitely feels like a crack though. After a mere day of use, the touch screen's protector also looks fairly scuffed and is distorting the colors on the screen (A shade of red shows when the screen is white). I guess that's what I get for buying the screen protectors for less than $3 though....

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I liked the cameo the original cast did
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, I heard a member of the original cast died
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Rest of the plot was just average
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Egon was the best character
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My favorite was the Key master in the first one, "Ok, who brought the dog?" - Rick Moranis
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Was way better than that ghostbusters: frozen in women power one
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It was kind of a passing the torch idea which I didn't hate finally
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    The old Ghostbuster video game was pretty good also, newer one is just ok.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta be more specific nes one was garbage 360 was decent
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea 360/ps3 one I meant, I don't remember the Nes one tbh
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea I never played that one.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, me neither
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @K3Nv2 gotta be more specific, there were 2 on the NES and one of them was pretty decent
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well it's probably the one youtube link I posted
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    deleted my newgrounds account
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    bc of shame
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You have shame?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, made a new one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, who would win
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Every character from HH/HB (hazbin hotel/helluva boss) VS Dante (devil may cry), Doom Guy (doom) and V1(ultrakill)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fairly odd parents
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Fairly odd parents