Hacking Wanting to upgrade the HDD of my jailbroken PS3.

weltall_of_id

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I have a PS3 slim, the 250gb edition. The remaining space after PS3 creates a swap file and a couple of games left almost no space. I decided to swap my laptop's 500gb HDD with the PS3's 250gb hdd, since my laptop never have been near to be half filled. All the data I have are in my main PC or a handful of external drives .

From what I am collecting from here and there it will install OFW 3.55 so after that I will have to look how to jailbreak it, but I am worried because my PS3 was OFW 3.60 and I had to give it to a local shop to downgrade it and they also installed the CFW and mmCM, so I am not sure what will happen.

Some info on the PS3:
Version 4.53 [SC-35 | PL3]
Firmware Mode: Cobra 7.00
Model: CECH-2004B

Be it you have a reply or not, I hope you all are having a great week :)

-Edit-

Considering how there are a couple of CFWs and even different versions of it and since I did not know what my PS3 had, I decided to just downgrade to 3.55 OFW and then backup everything and move to a new HDD. At least now I will know what I will have installed.

CheeseCake

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Very late reply but....
First, make sure to backup everything on your laptop HDD.
The PS3 will reformat it. After the reformatting, you have to reinstall the exact same CFW using USB via Storage Media or you'll be screwed somehow (Never tried, never will.) Then, install all your homebrews and games again.

same CFW or don't do it. (according to my lurking of PS3Hax forums) Go ask that shop what CFW they installed on your PS3.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Veho
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @BakerMan, Any idea what happened? I hope that your brother's doing good.