Hacking Want to set up PS3 CFW

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great! I assumed you had correct until I reread your post. the system either says "no applicable data was found" or "this update is incompatible with this system" or something like that when you try to install dex to cex or the other way around. I can't recall which since I encountered the error on 3.55 when switching to dex was dangerous. rex is what you want. d-rex is the same thing, but it's installed on a dex system. happy gaming!

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright it's all updated now. Just one question if you know. I just installed a PKG too and I have a RAP file for it but I don't know how to install it. Could you tell me? Now using Rebug 4.81 DEX or whatever

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Alright well its in the right USB port anyway, I dont have a PS3 controller yet so I'm using a PS2 with USB adapter which takes up the left USB. Thank you ^^

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
You don't get banned if you know what you're doing . Been going online since the early days and still not banned. Plus if you install webman, make sure to set a max temperature setting in webman settings and a higher min fan percentage as it helps preventing a YLOD

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
You don't get banned if you know what you're doing . Been going online since the early days and still not banned. Plus if you install webman, make sure to set a max temperature setting in webman settings and a higher min fan percentage as it helps preventing a YLOD

Well I didn't plan on installing Webman but that immediately makes me want to. It is a simple install? As for being banned, well.. I don't really know what I'm doing :') Nothing wrong I hope

kumikochan

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Well I didn't plan on installing Webman but that immediately makes me want to. It is a simple install? As for being banned, well.. I don't really know what I'm doing :') Nothing wrong I hope
webman is installed if you used rebug. Download rebug toolbox and then open that and enable webman

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As for being banned, well.. I don't really know what I'm doing :') Nothing wrong I hope

I highly dont recommend it. It doesnt matter. You could, I repeat, You COULD be banned, period. If you really care about the online.. Get an extra used PS3 with original FW. I dont care about online so no worries for me. :)

bobfacemoo

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
I highly dont recommend it. It doesnt matter. You could, I repeat, You COULD be banned, period. If you really care about the online.. Get an extra used PS3 with original FW. I dont care about online so no worries for me. :)

The only thing I care a little about is being able to view and achieve trophies, like it gives a sense of extra achievement. There aren't any games I'd play online except for GTA V really.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

but aren't you essentially banning yourself if you don't go online due to fear of being banned?

Reactions: kumikochan

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYZD7ykz9aQ +1