Hardware Want to replace the Circle pad on my New 3ds standard model

BossRoss93

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have the back of the console off, except the SD card slot. It is attached to the board, and I cannot easily remove the back. Has anyone had experience in taking apart a new 3ds? I wanna be as careful as possible with it cause I just downgraded to 9.2 from 10.7. Be a shame if I screwed it up on the hardware side :P

Cpt. Iglu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
The SD card slot is screwed into the back with three screws (which you probably already noticed)
After the screws are loose, bring up the side opposite the slot slightly and pull back slightly, so a little plastic nose jumps up.
After that it is only connected to the board with a connector that you must gently pry up with a piece of plstic.
Don't rip on the card slot or it might damage the flex cable.

Then when you remove the back of the 3DS, there are 3 more of these connectors. I always access two from the top where the power connector is and one on the bottom (thats the power button cable).
Also don't rip on the back, gently hold it up and disconnect the three connectors carefully with a piece of plastic.

After that the back is off and you can acces the mainboard and circle pad board etc. If something is unclear here just ask!

Cpt. Iglu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I thought about posting that too, but they don't have a teardown of the normal NEW 3DS, only the NEW 3DS XL..althought that might be practically identical, not sure..

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim: @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit