Hacking vWii sysem files are corrupted....

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This is odd:
Code:
IOS1768489209[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489210[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489211[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
Someone else contacted me with the same results for their d2x cIOS's. I know it's not a problem with my code because it happened in older versions of SysCheck as well.

The really weird thing is that I tried to install and re-install d2x cIOS's at least 3 more times,redownloading again the necessary files from the guide topic and everytime syscheck produces the same results.

JoostinOnline, do you think that this is the reason of my semi-brick?

What makes me wondering is that vWii was running flawlessly with these installed cIOS's for at least 6 monts untill I tried Wii Fit Plus and copied my girlfriend's save to my vWii.

Of course I have deleted the save file but the problem has not been solved.

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
This is odd:
Code:
IOS1768489209[56] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489210[57] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
IOS1768489211[58] (rev 21010, Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug, NAND Access
Someone else contacted me with the same results for their d2x cIOS's. I know it's not a problem with my code because it happened in older versions of SysCheck as well.
:blink: yes, that is odd ... it has 0x69690000 tacked onto it. I wonder if browsing the folder names with FStoolbox would show the same thing?

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
No. What you have resembles a mail-box brick, but you shouldn't be able to exit back to the System Menu without issues if that was the case.

Let me think about it for awhile.

I have already deleted the /title/00000001/00000002/data/cdb.vff file using FSToolbox.This file is very often the source of the mail-box brick.

I deleted it and vWii regenerated a new one. But this did not solve the problem.

JoostinOnline

Certified Crash Test Dummy
Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I have already deleted the /title/00000001/00000002/data/cdb.vff file using FSToolbox.This file is very often the source of the mail-box brick.

I deleted it and vWii regenerated a new one. But this did not solve the problem.
That IS the source of a mail-box brick. But as I said, that's not the problem. Don't go deleting or modifying files when there isn't evidence that they should be.

The System Menu doesn't bother with any IOS other than what it's using. It's a title like any other.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
That IS the source of a mail-box brick. But as I said, that's not the problem. Don't go deleting or modifying files when there isn't evidence that they should be.

The System Menu doesn't bother with any IOS other than what it's using. It's a title like any other.

OK... Please,don't forget me.If you think somethink let me know!

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
I have a vWii dump via FSToolblx.Can you tell me which folders and files to look?
This probably has nothing to do with your problem but just out of curiosity, in your /title/00000001/ folder all the folders should start with 00000. Are there any that don't?

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
This probably has nothing to do with your problem but just out of curiosity, in your /title/00000001/ folder all the folders should start with 00000. Are there any that don't?
OK,but I will have access to my PC after the weekend.I am currently writing this post from my WII U.

driverdis

I am Justice
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK,but I will have access to my PC after the weekend.I am currently writing this post from my WII U.

is that really such a good idea. i am sure Nintendo can, and may even look at the Wii U web browser history every time you send the Wii U in for repair, to see if you went to sites like this. that way, they know to spend extra time checking vWii for hacks before deciding on fixing it or not.

because of this, I do not visit wololo.net or here on my PS Vita either just to be extra careful as Sony probably does it too.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece

I just used FSToolbox to make a nand dump and checked the particular folder. All the folders start with 00000.

I think that I am screwed...:wacko:

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Sorry for the bump,but after all this time,has anyone figured out a possible way to fix this vWii?

Joostin,I used your newer version of Syscheck v.2.2.0 and here are the results.

(I am afraid that this file does not show something new...)

Attachments

• sysCheck 18-2-13.rar
    724 bytes · Views: 137

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I'd say try deleting all your channels except for the HBC and built in ones.

Thanks for your reply!

I suppose that in order to delete all the channels (does it really required this?Even the system transfer channel?) in vWii menu I will use Anytitle deleter modv71 (I think this is the correct version compatible with vWii).

But After that how I built in the new ones?I don't know if ModMii supports vWii wads.

I am afraid of a brick.

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
Instead of doing that, let's take a look at any remnants of channels you might have. Use the Title Manager part of WiiMod to look at the titles installed, specifically the channels and saves. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING. Rather, look for anything that can't produce a title name.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Instead of doing that, let's take a look at any remnants of channels you might have. Use the Title Manager part of WiiMod to look at the titles installed, specifically the channels and saves. DO NOT DELETE ANYTHING. Rather, look for anything that can't produce a title name.

I used the backup list option if ATDmod71 to create this file.

It seems that there are some weird things.

At game saves section there is this file

005555050 .UPP UNKNOWN

And at hidden channels

48414c50 HALP rgnsel.0707051714

Joostin,I am sure that there are other things in the list that did not catch my attention.

Of course I have not deleted anything before you see this list too.

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• MyTitleslist.rar
    4.2 KB · Views: 134

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Wow, you've got a lot of channels. Try deleting some of them from Data Management.

Also, please find out what IOS Wii Fit Plus uses.

After a quick google search,it seems that Wii Fit Plus uses IOS53.

Well, what is your opinion about the files I mentioned in my previous post? Is it safe to delete them?

I think that there are weird files,unknown and perhaps corrupted.

(I am referring to the files in spots 4,6 and 157 in the attached document.)

I am sure that it is not possible to exist a save file with a code .UPP

and also what can this hidden channel be?

JoostinOnline

Trophies
Website
www.hacksden.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm not sure what the save file is (I think it has to do with an update), but definitely don't delete the hidden channel (it's region selection) or the DLC.

The reason stuff is marked UNKNOWN is because the app wasn't programmed to make use of AHB access. There is nothing wrong with the titles.

Please delete some of your channels and see if that fixes the problem.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
(There is a strange thing that occured me right now.NONE
I'm not sure what the save file is (I think it has to do with an update), but definitely don't delete the hidden channel (it's region selection) or the DLC.

The reason stuff is marked UNKNOWN is because the app wasn't programmed to make use of AHB access. There is nothing wrong with the titles.

Please delete some of your channels and see if that fixes the problem.

OK.Thanks for your help!

I will try to delete some channels and report back! (I presume that you mean the games installed as channels and NOT system channles as Mii Channel etc.)

P.S There is a strange thing that occured me right now.From all the installed channels,NONE is in my vWii right now.There are VC/Wiiware games I had bought in the past and currently I have moved them to the SD card.
Is it normal or something weird is happening here?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8FFQ_g8OoQM&list=RD8FFQ_g8OoQM&start_radio=1