Hacking [vWii] smash stacks: no code found to load, hanging

moops44

Prince of Darkness
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Which firmware's version is your Wii U, 5.3.2 or 5.4.0?
it had nothing to do with firmware

Latest WiiU firmware : 5.4.0
- Latest safe WiiU firmware version: 5.3.2
- Latest safe vWii firmware version: The one installed with WiiU fw 5.4.0 is safe for vWii.
- Latest HackMii version: 1.2
- Latest d2x cIOS: d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii / d2x-v10-beta52-vWii
- Latest d2x cIOS installer: FIX94s d2x cIOS Installer 2.2 mod

Risingdawn

Tempallica
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
So i did all the steps that you said but when i go into stagebuilder nothing was appearing. I have all the files in that zip on my SD Card.
Delete all custom stages.
Create a new custom stage and call it whatever then save it.
Find your saved custom stage on your SDcard and REPLACE this file with smashsack.

xgustavoacex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I had this issue when I used ubuntu to create fat32 partition. I created with windows and I got it through (but I got another error I cant remember).
I know this will sound dumb, but try insert a fat32 pendrive with same files as your SD card (without removing SD card). I used Return of Jodi instead of smash stack.

Letsgodevils1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had this issue when I used ubuntu to create fat32 partition. I created with windows and I got it through (but I got another error I cant remember).
I know this will sound dumb, but try insert a fat32 pendrive with same files as your SD card (without removing SD card). I used Return of Jodi instead of smash stack.

ok, the only game i have that is on the smashstack list is Smash bros brawl. and for the USB the smallest i have is 4gbs.

xgustavoacex

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ok, the only game i have that is on the smashstack list is Smash bros brawl. and for the USB the smallest i have is 4gbs.

I think any exploit should work. I had the problem using a SDHC card.

The thing is you can't use anything except a SD card (not sdhc)... After the HBC installed, I had trouble loading games from pendrives and again I managed to load games if they were on SD card (in this part, I used a SDHC card and things went well). I'm yet to try an external hard drive with Y-cable.

EDIT: Always use FAT32, even when you want to use the sd card to load games. WBFS never worked for me =s

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I used smashstack a few weeks ago because I lent out my trusty lego indiana and don't expect it back this summer. I had a bunch of freezes and bizarre noises until I figured it out. The really important steps are 1.Delete all custom stages 2.DO NOT put the sd card in the wiiu until AFTER smash brawl loads. Apparently wiiu will disable it if it is detected prior to loading(or checks when the game starts, I forget which but eitherway it requires putting in the sd after it loads).

I would recommend starting from scratch, go into your vwii save files, delete smash, then start the game, reinstall the crap it wants, then do all of the normal smash stack steps, and just make sure you follow steps 1 and 2 above. Worked for me(fat32 btw)

Reactions: Kippykip

Kippykip

j e f f
Trophies
Website
kippykip.com
XP
Country
Australia
I used smashstack a few weeks ago because I lent out my trusty lego indiana and don't expect it back this summer. I had a bunch of freezes and bizarre noises until I figured it out. The really important steps are 1.Delete all custom stages 2.DO NOT put the sd card in the wiiu until AFTER smash brawl loads. Apparently wiiu will disable it if it is detected prior to loading(or checks when the game starts, I forget which but eitherway it requires putting in the sd after it loads).

I would recommend starting from scratch, go into your vwii save files, delete smash, then start the game, reinstall the crap it wants, then do all of the normal smash stack steps, and just make sure you follow steps 1 and 2 above. Worked for me(fat32 btw)
Oh yeah I forgot about that.
Put the sd card AFTER the game loads because the Wii menu deletes the exploit!
Also there is a with-save exploit and a no-save exploit.
I deleted the stages and I tried one of them, if it hangs the game then try the other one (whether it's the with-save or no-save, whatever opposite to what you did first)
And then it worked for me.

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Yeah I didn't notice the wiiu note until after I first tried, so after a few attempts at trying to do it with putting the sd card after it loads(when i tried the exploit it made this awful noise that kept growing like a microphone feeding back), i wiped the sd card, put the files back on, deleted all the custom stages off the drive then tried and it worked like a charm. It's kinda funny nintendo tried somewhat to prevent the mod haha

Saturngamer1

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
So there's 2 versions of the hack? a save version and a no save version

If I'm not mistaken, I think there is some third unofficial release for pal/kor that offers both methods. As far as I know there is no NTSC version. I guess it is a somewhat nice feature since I kinda skipped over the part in the instructions where it said the original saves had to be deleted when I did it, which resulted in some frustration haha.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    $1000+
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Google the laptops graphic chip for games streaming more then likely benched on YouTube
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    That's a lot of money.
    I can pay it, but I'd rather eat better.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah just eat floor crumbs
    Juan's floor crumbs were always rat fur
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Change from real cheese, to government cheese, you'll save some money.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Gotta get that government cheese one new laptop a year
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Fucking Biden making us pay full internet prices
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Of course there is always, OnlyFans, or a GoFundMe, to raise some money.
    @BigOnYa are you on OnlyFans?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He gets his ramming funds from onlyfans
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but my total income is negative, lol
    I would pay for watching someone eat food from the floor.
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, stop spending the videos' budget on food
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    No I've never even been to the site(honestly) but have heard of it
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'm half way at my savings for a new move
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Like a karate move? The flying dragon is cool.
    @BigOnYa if you've never been to the site how do you know about its contents?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Can he do a shoryuken?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @HiradeGirl, cuz of people mentioning it everywhere
    +1
    Someone here introduced me to it. Not gonna say who.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Everybody knows what that site about, and you can't read normal news anymore without hearing about it
    But it's degrading and disgusting.
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: But it's degrading and disgusting.