Hacking vwii ios reinstall

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I want to install all the original vwii ioses so I can troubleshoot some problems I'm having. If someone could get back to me in private ;) that would be great.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
You have made a backup of your nand?

There´s no way to make the recover by backup until now, but maybe in future your backup will be useful. About the original ios reinstall, i dont know, maybe another user have a better answer.

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tried installing d2x v 10alt but wiiflow isnt picking it up right. Thinking its a bad base ios so I wanna install the originals and try again. Can't find a way to acquire them short of renting an unmodded wiiu and dumping its nand.

officialjunk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to re-install original ioses and then try re-installing cioses again?
I think you can just skip to reinstalling the cioses; no need to revert those slots back to original first.

Reactions: n1ckn4m3

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Correct me if I'm wrong, but it sounds like you want to re-install original ioses and then try re-installing cioses again?
I think you can just skip to reinstalling the cioses; no need to revert those slots back to original first.
I meant reinstalling bases 56,57 and 58. I tried this guide before and it didn't seem to help Made a vid of everything I did, maybe it can help someone help me. Stay tuned....

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Installing d2x should not have overwritten your base 56, 57, or 58 -- it uses those iOS as a base, but installs the modified iOS into 249, 250, and 251 and does not overwrite the base iOS. Re-installing d2x into the 249, 250, and 251 slots should resolve your problems. You would have had to specifically elect to replace 56, 57, and 58 during the install (if that is even possible with the installer, but I'm not certain it is..)

drakorex

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, ok. Idea... What if one were to overwrite their existing nand of their malfunctioning vwii with one that works perfectly. Any possibility of that working?

n1ckn4m3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't believe so. The keys.bin generated during the dump is specific to the Wii it has been dumped from and I do not believe they are interchangeable. I do want to stress that if all you did was install d2x using the d2x installer, there's pretty much no way you could have overwritten your original IOS's.

The only thing you should have to do is use another d2x installer to install the cIOS again. I used "d2x v10 beta52 for vWii" from the official google code project and have had no problems with either USBLoader GX or Wiiflow. Can you provide more specific detail about the error that's occurring? My guess is your problem is with one of the cIOS's in 249, 250, or 251 -- not with any of the base IOS that were used to create the custom ones, and in that case, reinstalling a functional version of the cIOS into 249, 250, and 251 should resolve your issue.

Also, to quote something I found on the forums here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/is-it-safe-to-intall-another-wii-nand-on-to-my-wii.263948/

trumpet-205 said:
Never install other Wii's NAND into yours. Two reasons,

1. Key associated with NAND does not match yours. Wii will refuse to boot mismatched NAND.
2. Every Wii has bad blocks at different locations. Installing different NAND might write bad blocks into wrong places.

I know that is talking about just the Wii, but I think in this case it's safe to assume the same about the vWii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nah that could actually bring lawsuits
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tempsuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    PollySuits
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Your correct, Somebody would be guilty and there would be riots, then they storm the gbatemp capitol,
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Online or not there are still certain rights that judges would have no issue handing out a warrant over
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Just look at Kim dotcom
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Honestly I'm scared to, from you, but ok, lemme turn on vpn, virtual machine, private browser first
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Remember that Alexa robot I gifted you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    And that laptop Webcam you never tapped up
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That robot is here somewhere, I hear it moving around at night, but I haven't seen it for months.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh that laptop I give to ancientboi, so you been watching him for months, and he's been watching you
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Oh good more than enough material for the fbi
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn its 5 in morn, I gotta Go wake your mum and send her to work. Check ya later.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    He could make so much money!!! His arm would never get tired lol
    +2
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    How are yall doing
    +2
  • VXNlcm5hbWU @ VXNlcm5hbWU:
    Just had a pure banger of a sandwich there, was very nice
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    what do you call a dog with no legs?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    A hot dog?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    doesn't matter what you call it, it won't come
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I'm having mince beef burgers with flat cheese and tomato sauce.
    +1
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: