Hacking vWii Emunand uses?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
instead of using the lock option and parental level, you should use the category filtering option (unless you like using the lock feature).

You create a category, for example "exclude" and set this category to all the channels you want to hide.
More information and example at the bottom of this guide:
https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx.149922/page-778#post-4251265

Reactions: lordelan

Dominator211

JFK's Jelly Donut
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok i did all of this and everything and im so happy i didn't break anything yet but what my question is how do i get wads on here all i got was a copy of all my nand channel so now i have 2 mii makers

whorewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
what is your current cIOS version?
go to settings>Credit page, look at the top.

If you have an old cIOS (like rev17 or rev20 or 21) it will not work.
You need to update your cIOS, use d2x cIOS installer to install d2x v8

if you are on Wii
if you are on vWii

install :
what : v8 (or v10 beta52 on vWii. do not install v8 on vWii!)
slot : 249
base: 56
version 21008 (or 21010 on vwii)

that's all.
your "249" will now be d2x and USBLoaderGX will not warn you anymore.

You don't set "d2x" in the loader, you just select the slot where you installed d2x.
if you install d2x in slot249, then in the loader's setting you set the number to "249".

whorewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom

sorry please read the reply below this one as I accidently duplicated my message but it has more info than this one but I can’t work out how to delete this message and just keep my other one???

Hey, I think reading this above post is relevant to me as my VWIi was working absolutely fine but then I couldnt remember the version I had installed of d2x cios so I think I accidently installer v8 over what I now know I defanitly had ie v10 as I defanitly also had beta 52 & beta 53 on my sd card & this happnend a while ago now as just beforehand I also accidently downloaded a wad manager (unknown at the time in with a couple of other folders & one was v8 I’m sure but possibly even v6 & I also did the ios 80 patcher but again I had already done this also but what I didn’t realise was all of my Vwii cios were on the sd card as wads & I think I deleted the 236, 249, 250 & 251 wads by total accident as I didn’t know what these were so when I saw them all appear I kinda freaked & I’m certain those 4 were deleted by total accident as I can’t find them anywhwere! Anyhow since then whenever I go to my VWii I cant get past the menu where it shows my 2 channels ie hbc & WiiMC along with the disk icon, mii channel etc as when I click on hbc it keeps popping up with a black screen which looks like maybe the sd card channel menu but I’m not certain before just taking me back to the vWii menu, even when I click on wiiu menu it keeps doing the same by returning me to the VWii menu. I tried explaining this on a diffirent post as I didn’t know where to ask for help with this but tmreading this post tonight this defanitly seems super relevant as I don’t know if this is some kind of a brick I’ve done or if I need to or can get all these ios wads put into place somewhere to let me access my VWii again as I do remember also a while back whilst in 1 of the loaders how it did an emu nand backup but I had no idea what that was & it never caused an issue until I downloaded those files with that wad manager. I just hope I haven’t majorly done something serious to my VWii here but it’s a big lesson learnt let’s put it that way! I can access the VWii sd card menu & did notice copies of my hbc & wiimc channels & have tried putting them to card & also back to nand but I can’t workout how to get back into my HBC to even try & go back to v10 of cios or remove the wad manager etc but after reading some of this post then I’m pretty certain this is what’s happnend now to my wiiu VWii! PLEASE HELP!

Last edited by whorewolf,

whorewolf

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
yes, if you already followed the softmod guides for vWii, you already have d2x v10 (beta52) or v10alt (beta53).
beta53 has less compatibility with EmuNAND, so you should install beta52.

Then, just use USBGX menus to dump NAND and install wads to it.
that's all you need.
1. dump nand
2. select "channels on emuNAND" in 4th icon at the top menu
4. enjoy

like I said, I don't know if vWii is region free or if you need to patch wads.
also note that not all games are working with the cIOS method and you will need neek method for 100% compatibility.

Hi Cyan I know this post is 4 years old but it’s extremely relevant & seems like this way is the best way I will get an answer to my problem. I’ve tried keeping this brief but it’s impossible mate so basically I think after reading this above post is relevant to me as my VWIi was working absolutely fine but then I couldnt remember the version I had installed of d2x cios so I think I accidently installer v8 over what I now know I defanitly had ie v10 as I defanitly also had beta 52 & beta 53 on my sd card & this happnend a while ago now as just beforehand I also accidently downloaded a wad manager (unknown at the time in with a couple of other folders & one was v8 I’m sure but possibly even v6 & I also did the ios 80 patcher but again I had already done this also but what I didn’t realise was all of my Vwii cios were on the sd card as wads & I think I deleted the 236, 249, 250 & 251 wads by total accident as I didn’t know what these were so when I saw them all appear I kinda freaked & I’m certain those 4 were deleted by total accident as I can’t find them anywhwere! Anyhow since then whenever I go to my VWii I cant get past the menu where it shows my 2 channels ie hbc & WiiMC along with the disk icon, mii channel etc as when I click on hbc it keeps popping up with a black screen which looks like maybe the sd card channel menu but I’m not certain before just taking me back to the vWii menu, even when I click on wiiu menu it keeps doing the same by returning me to the VWii menu. I tried explaining this on a diffirent post as I didn’t know where to ask for help with this but tmreading this post tonight this defanitly seems super relevant as I don’t know if this is some kind of a brick I’ve done or if I need to or can get all these ios wads put into place somewhere to let me access my VWii again as I do remember also a while back whilst in 1 of the loaders how it did an emu nand backup but I had no idea what that was & it never caused an issue until I downloaded those files with that wad manager. I just hope I haven’t majorly done something serious to my VWii here but it’s a big lesson learnt let’s put it that way! I can access the VWii sd card menu & did notice copies of my hbc & wiimc channels & have tried putting them to card & also back to nand but I can’t workout how to get back into my HBC to even try & go back to v10 of cios or remove the wad manager etc but after reading some of this post then I’m pretty certain this is where I will find the answer to my situation! I’m presuming I’ve either dumped the emunand to the sd card but not installed the wads straightaway was I don’t know they were there & it’s only When that wad manager went on my sd card that this has happnend or I’ve clicked on something maybe on the wad manager which has then put all the cios over to wads but like I say I am certainly convinced now that I accidently deleted the 236, 249, 250 & 251 as they were in with all the others but there not there now! It was an older guide I followed also as initially I was trying to setup teconmoons WiiVC injector as I thought I could get my cleanrip GC & Wii iso games onto the wiiu menu, mostly GC as there single iso files whereas the Wii were split into 2 parts. That has been a nightmare trying to sort out also tbh lol but it is this situation I’m needing sorted beforehand as I’ve now read that with the injectors the games have to be installed already onto the vwii as I actually thought that’s what the injector was for as I couldn’t find a proper a-b guide for it & had never installed anything except those 2 vwii chanells mentioned above but I have installed around 50 of my own Wiiu games to the wiiu home menu Which is why I thought with an injector I could just get my iso files over to the wiiu menu also but maybe I’ve skipped things somewhere as I have also only ever used Nintendo to as a loader but that is my older Wii & not my Wii u but it is also setup on my wiiu sd card ready. Thanks upfront for any guidance regarding all the above.

*********important****************

sorry the emu nand I downloaded was actually on my Wii not VWii as I’m nearly 100% certain of this because I don’t have a wad manager on that hdd or sd card & haven’t encountered an issue so far & i remember thinking at the time how my hdd memory had suddenly gone down by a big chunk but didn’t realise why & it was also many months ago that I did that & had no issues whatsoever with that machine so basically I’m practically 100% certain after downloading that wad manager on my wiiu sd card & it creating all those iso files then this is what’s happnend to make my VWii cause the issues mentioned!

I’d highly appreciate any advice please as it would be fantastic help if you don’t mind mate.

Thanks & best regards

Last edited by whorewolf,

laz305

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Cyan hey buddy can ya tell me if I need to change anything before I get started hacking my vWii please. Here is my sysCheck
I'd like to use emunand and dumped it in wiiflow and it dumped it inside the wiiflow folder. Do I leave it there or move it to root nand folder?
SysCheck HDE v2.4.0 HacksDen Edition by JoostinOnline Double_A R2-D2199 and Nano
...runs on vIOS58 (rev 6432).

Region: NTSC-U
System Menu 4.3U (v609)

Drive date: 07.12.2012
Homebrew Channel 1.1.2 running on IOS58

Hollywood v0x21
Console ID: 613546509
Console Type: vWii
Shop Channel Country: United States (49)
Boot2 v0
Found 65 titles.
Found 35 IOS on this console. 0 of them are stubs.

vIOS9 (rev 1290): No Patches
vIOS12 (rev 782): No Patches
vIOS13 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS14 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS15 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS17 (rev 1288): No Patches
vIOS21 (rev 1295): No Patches
vIOS22 (rev 1550): No Patches
vIOS28 (rev 2063): No Patches
vIOS31 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS33 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS34 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS35 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS36 (rev 3864): No Patches
vIOS37 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS38 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS41 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS43 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS45 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS46 (rev 3863): No Patches
vIOS48 (rev 4380): No Patches
vIOS53 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS55 (rev 5919): No Patches
vIOS56 (rev 5918): No Patches
vIOS57 (rev 6175): No Patches
vIOS58 (rev 6432): USB 2.0
vIOS59 (rev 9249): No Patches
vIOS62 (rev 6942): No Patches
vIOS80 (rev 7200): No Patches
vIOS236 (rev 65535): Trucha Bug ES Identify NAND Access
vIOS249[56] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug NAND Access
vIOS250[57] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug NAND Access
vIOS251[58] (rev 21010 Info: d2x-v10beta53-alt-vWii): Trucha Bug NAND Access
vIOS512 (rev 7): No Patches
vIOS513 (rev 1): No Patches
Report generated on 03/24/2020.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You bumped another RANDOM old thread again.
PLEASE stop that. forums have rules, and good practices to follow.

I'm not sure what you mean by " before I get started hacking my vWii please", because your vWii is already hacked.
Though, it's using wrong version of the cIOS. it's using beta r53, instead of beta 52.
LAST version is not always better. here, last is bugged because it's beta.

I'd recommend you re-run the d2x cIOS installer for vWii, and replace the 3 slots with identical bases, but using "v10-beta r52" instead.

you put the emuNAND folder where you want, as long as you tell the loader where your folder is located.
if you want to share the same emuNAND folder for both Wiiflow and USBLoaderGX, and Wiiflow put it inside a "wiiflow" folder and needs it to be there, you can tell USBLoaderGX that it's there, instead of moving it out of that folder.
if wiiflow let you choose the path, put it where you want.
either choice are fine, just make it sound logic.

Answer for whorewolf:
sorry, I wasn't even online for months when you posted that message.
and now you are not online either since your message, so I'll just pass on replying.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Alexander1970

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/zzu0VHzy7tU?si=V2sI-JSptJg0SWmC