Hacking vWii Emulator List

PrimeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
I've seen in the Progress thread that emulators can be loaded from vWii but I am new to emulators, not only on vWii but on all consoles.
What Emulators are working on the vWii and how? What kind of files are needed? Is there a list somewhere?

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are a LOT of emulators for the vWii, too much to really list off the top of my head. The easiest way to get started is to install the Homebrew Browser for the vWii (after hacking the vWii, of course) and visiting the emulator section. You can then download whatever you'd like from there. Also, I'd recommend getting RetroArch, as it's an "all in one" emulator with and impressive selection of both consoles and arcade emulation. Once the emulators are installed, you need to add the game ROM files to your SD card in the appropriate folder (usually the emulator's manual will tell you where to put them.) You may also need a system BIOS file, but that's in only a few cases.

Welcome to emulation! There are thousands of awesome games waiting to be played! :sp:

Reactions: PrimeX

PrimeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Hmm couldn't find an emulation section on WiiU forums, it seems you are referring to the Wii section? And about the RetroArch, does the RetroArch Wii v0.9.8.3 work on vWii? I have the vWii moded ofc. Homebrew Browser = Homebrew Chanel? I have the HBC in place :)

ruiner9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can find the Homebrew Browser here. You'll be able to run it from the homebrew channel and it will let you install apps to your SD card (including emulators) directly through the vWii. HBC installs all apps to the "app" folder, and emulator apps will also create their own folders on the root of the SD card where you need to put your roms. You'll find a lot of the info about that under the Wii section of the forums here.

RetroArch Wii v0.9.8.3 will work on the vWii, I've used it myself. Almost ALL Wii homebrew works on the vWii... just stay away from the apps that are meant to install cIOS's and system files unless you really know what you're doing. You could brick your vWii if you're not careful. Emulators, homebrew games, and filebrowsers should be perfectly safe.

Reactions: PrimeX

PrimeX

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Ok so I have the RetroArch played from HBC and some SNES backups in .smc format. When browsing for files from RetroArch can't see the files, do I miss something? Sry for all the questions :P

Edit: Found it, there was a wrong CORE loaded. If someone else is wondering how to do this, go in the Settings Menu of RetroArch>CORE>SNES9x for xample to load SNES games or choose other core for other emulators.

Thx a lot ruiner9, great help!

Reactions: ruiner9

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZokeA2lKB6o