Vroom vroom!

DS1

Tired
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate movies, but I'll watch one every so often. I'll only really go to the theater if there's some lame action movie all my friends want to see (I think the last one I saw was Collateral, but I'm sort of a Tom Cruise fan so that wasn't a total waste). I'll try to make an effort to see any movie that has been raved about by everyone I know, albiet a year or two after its release. Anybody see Brokeback Mountain? It was pretty good, but sadder than a Korean drama
frown.gif

...and then sometimes I'll watch a terrible Japanese film, just because I can. My friend just sent me "Wangan Midnight", and I felt obligated to watch. I actually enjoyed it! Like, it held my interest for all 90 minutes or whatever. The acting was awful (that was to be expected) and there were a few corny scenes, but it was a good story. I've never read the comic book, so I was able to take it for what it is (no ZOMG, that's not how that character was supposed to look!).

I suppose what did it for me was that the first battle or two were great, and this being your typical predictable movie, I knew that there was going to be an incredible final showdown. Well, the buildup and all that were there, but the climax itself was absolutely ruined by this cheesy pop-rock ballad that was kind of out of place. ****

Anyway, bitterness will kill you, so I let that nonsense roll off me and the very ending didn't disappoint. I'm assuming the comic book was really good, so I wouldn't recommend the movie to people who have read it. If anyone likes a good story and some sweet cars it's pretty fun.

****Yeah, so I something mean about the group that sang aforementioned song, and that group is actually sort of popular, so I feel bad. I listened to the song again, and it's kind of catchy, but it still ruins the climax. Director's fault, not the band. That song is here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rg2Db4iFZp8
and a link to the song that plays during the credits (which is no less lame, but whatever): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=37qF1dMrDNY...feature=related

Z YOU TOMORROW!!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah hate is kinda a tough word.

Dont get me wrong, i mean no disrespect. I just find it difficult that you dont like movies. To me, thats like the equivalent to saying i dont like music. Sure there are movies i dont like, just like there are movies i dont like. But Movies in general?

Just curious, I mean its possible i guess. Maybe im just dumb and cant wrap my head around this
laugh.gif

DS1

Tired
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, this calls for a better explanation. I could write something really long and drawn out, but I don't think anybody would be compelled to read that, so let me try to condense how I feel about movies:

I don't hate or even dislike movies, per se, but there is a serious culture of absorbing trash movies, throwing your time into a 100-minute sinkhole, that is really prevalent everywhere I've been. Romantic-comedies, lame action movies, poorly acted adaptations of good books, etc. I wouldn't have a serious problem with this, but sometimes I'll be with my friends and we'll be thinking of something to do, and somebody will say, "Oh hey, let's watch a movie!" 99% of the time, the movie we watch is terrible. The girls fall asleep, the guys are bored to death, and at the end of the 2 hours or whatever, everyone feels groggy and a little upset.

You might be thinking, "oh movies aren't bad, it's just your friends have poor taste in movies!" It's not that though, but the fact that we watch it in lieu of doing anything productive makes it seem like a waste of time. I just have an issue with people sitting around staring at a screen, when we could be talking or god forbid, going outside (I've always lived in big cities where there is a ton of stuff to do). A lot of times people are just like, 'ohh I don't feel like doing anything..'. Great, then let's play some cards or something (*cough*mahjong), something where at least we're engaged with each other.

OK, so that ended up being a little long and didn't accomplish much.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No i think that gets at what im asking. I agree, lots of movies suck today. I go simply out of the need for social interaction with my friends. I usually end up going to see some crappy excuse for a movie. I understand now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    I hope it's not a week.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's standard so doctors can get a idea about what's going on
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    understood
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    well, i'm glad he seems to be doing fine, and ig i'm going to start spewing goofy shit again
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Update: Turns out he's epileptic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Get a 2nd opinion run mris etc they told me that also
    Also a food allergy study would be a good idea
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Turns out you can't sprinkle methamphetamine on McDonald's French fries
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    they wouldn't be called french fries at that point
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Probably just meth fries