Gaming Voltorb starter? - Pokemon Platinum

Ryan Parrott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started a new save file on pokemon platinum after removing all the cheats from my last run. I was going to play legit again for the first time in several years. Like I said, I turned off all the cheats for this run. I deleted my old save file and started all over again, choosing Turtwig as my starter. What ended up happening was my rival got the Turtwig and I got a Voltorb.

Did I corrupt the Rom? I'm playing on an R4 card, so can I just download the Rom again if it is corrupted?

Also, wild encounters are hilarious. I've encountered several levels 0, shiny male things in past five minutes. I'd love to catch one.

Ryan Parrott

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I started a new save file on pokemon platinum after removing all the cheats from my last run. I was going to play legit again for the first time in several years. Like I said, I turned off all the cheats for this run. I deleted my old save file and started all over again, choosing Turtwig as my starter. What ended up happening was my rival got the Turtwig and I got a Voltorb.

Did I corrupt the Rom? I'm playing on an R4 card, so can I just download the Rom again if it is corrupted?

Also, wild encounters are hilarious. I've encountered several levels 0, shiny male things in past five minutes. I'd love to catch one.

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Download a new rom. If you're sure you don't have any cheats on, then the rom itself must be corrupted.

Although I admit, it kind of sounds like you still have some cheats enabled.

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Download a new rom. If you're sure you don't have any cheats on, then the rom itself must be corrupted.

Although I admit, it kind of sounds like you still have some cheats enabled.
or either he got a modded rom...
IIRC theese games got a anti modification thing, if the rom would be "accidentally" modified (corrupted) , it wouldn't boot (or it would crash)
or maybe just got this protection in the save..

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

PS: i would also check your SD card to make sure... with h2testw (there was another tool i forgot the name)
i had a faulty memory stick that was corrupting stuff without i really noticing..

x65943

i can be your sega dreamcast or sega nightmarecast
Supervisor
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't delete your posts. Click report on the post that you want to delete and explain that you want to have it deleted. A mod will then look over your post and delete it for you.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.livescience.com/59831-cotton-candy-grapes.html#:~:text=To%20make%20the%20Cotton%20Can...