Hacking VitaCheat/FinalCheat Database

Suiseiseki

Trophies
XP
Country
If I remember it right, all newer codes here use the version z.06 which requires 3.65 firmware.

Pretty much my dilemma since currently on 3.60 and might have to read everything again and break things.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this thread is very sticky now.

thank you to all the members for cheat codes and helping the scene.
Honestly, we need a new code forum/site more than a sticky. There's just too far much information in this 1 thread to bother searching through.

If I remember it right, all newer codes here use the version z.06 which requires 3.65 firmware.

Pretty much my dilemma since currently on 3.60 and might have to read everything again and break things.
Just anything that uses $B200 type codes, since that feature was added in version z06. Every other code type still works for z05 and lower.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

down/upgrade is pretty easy now, though. Now that Modoru is out, it's pretty simple. There's even a DB out there with all the update PUP files.

https://github.com/TheOfficialFloW/modoru - Modoru Firmware up/downgrader
https://darthsternie.net/ps-vita-firmwares/ - Firmware Database (just search for 3.65 in the searchbar)
https://psvitamod.com/install-enso-on-firmware-3-65/ - Guide to installing Enso on 3.65

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Honestly, we need a new code forum/site more than a sticky. There's just too far much information in this 1 thread to bother searching through.

Just anything that uses $B200 type codes, since that feature was added in version z06. Every other code type still works for z05 and lower.
It's also possible that z06 breaks SOME codes that were made on z05. I know a few people have brought it up, but I'm too lazy to change FW version and VitaCheat versions to check if this is true or not....

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still kinda do want to try to make an AoB scanner so that we can FINALLY do away with pointer scanning.... It's a tricky beast and I'll have to sit down for a while and ACTUALLY code something...... but I've got a basic idea written down and I've already made a code that MOVs large amounts of data at a time... Now I just need to make a way to compare large amounts of data at a time... which, let's be fair, should be easy at this point and I've just been being lazy.... So here's the basic idea in only a few steps:

Part 0: Setup code, by placing desired AoB values at specific address. (needs 2x the space, 1 time to write values, 2nd to write discovered values and check) ((I could PROBABLY do this with only 1x space and a 4 extra bytes, but I'm lazy, okay))
Part 1: Repeatedly MOV 4bytes at a time into a specific address. (a holding space, I guess)
Part 2: Check if that held value matches the first 4 bytes of the AoB (yes: goto 3, no: continue step 1) ((no sense running full check on EVERY address if the first address fails))
Part 3: MOV current address from Vitacheat and store it. (don't want to lose this address in case it's right... and we need it to continue later if wrong)
Part 4: MOV the rest of the data from the game to holding area and check if they match. (Yes: goto 5, No: continue step 1)
Part 5: Disable scanner and activate cheat code.

Code:
_V1 Array of Bytes Scanner [WIP]
### MOV data from 8100xxxx to 8400xxxx
$5200 00000000 00000000
### B20E to select VitaCheat Code list
$B20E 00000001 00000000
### Lock if 84010000 is next address
$D206 000006D4 8100FFFC # Last address to be copied
### Write next address to Line 1
$0200 000006D0 00000000
$0200 000006D4 00000000
### Inc ln4 and self
$4200 00000704 84000000 # Pasting address
$0002 00000020 00000004
### Inc ln5 and self
$4200 00000714 81000000 # Copying address
$0002 00000030 00000004
#END
This current code is simply the part of code that will do the copying. It is currently set up to copy everything from 81000000-8100FFFC to 84000000-8400FFFC. That's WAY more data than we need to use to check for an AoB scan, but it's a proof of concept. In reality, we probably only need about 20 bytes of data or so. to get a good match... that's 5x 32bit values.

If I can get this set up, THEN we'll no longer need a PC to find pointers.... We can simply locate a place in RAM close to the values we need to hack... A place that might move around, but is always the same values and is always X amount of spaces away from our HP or w/e needs hacked.... If we just input that string of values as the input to an AoB scanner, it will find that string of values and we can instantly know where HP is, without needing a pointer.

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I still kinda do want to try to make an AoB scanner so that we can FINALLY do away with pointer scanning.... It's a tricky beast and I'll have to sit down for a while and ACTUALLY code something...... but I've got a basic idea written down and I've already made a code that MOVs large amounts of data at a time... Now I just need to make a way to compare large amounts of data at a time... which, let's be fair, should be easy at this point and I've just been being lazy.... So here's the basic idea in only a few steps:

Part 0: Setup code, by placing desired AoB values at specific address. (needs 2x the space, 1 time to write values, 2nd to write discovered values and check) ((I could PROBABLY do this with only 1x space and a 4 extra bytes, but I'm lazy, okay))
Part 1: Repeatedly MOV 4bytes at a time into a specific address. (a holding space, I guess)
Part 2: Check if that held value matches the first 4 bytes of the AoB (yes: goto 3, no: continue step 1) ((no sense running full check on EVERY address if the first address fails))
Part 3: MOV current address from Vitacheat and store it. (don't want to lose this address in case it's right... and we need it to continue later if wrong)
Part 4: MOV the rest of the data from the game to holding area and check if they match. (Yes: goto 5, No: continue step 1)
Part 5: Disable scanner and activate cheat code.

Code:
_V1 Array of Bytes Scanner [WIP]
### MOV data from 8100xxxx to 8400xxxx
$5200 00000000 00000000
### B20E to select VitaCheat Code list
$B20E 00000001 00000000
### Lock if 84010000 is next address
$D206 000006D4 8100FFFC # Last address to be copied
### Write next address to Line 1
$0200 000006D0 00000000
$0200 000006D4 00000000
### Inc ln4 and self
$4200 00000704 84000000 # Pasting address
$0002 00000020 00000004
### Inc ln5 and self
$4200 00000714 81000000 # Copying address
$0002 00000030 00000004
#END
This current code is simply the part of code that will do the copying. It is currently set up to copy everything from 81000000-8100FFFC to 84000000-8400FFFC. That's WAY more data than we need to use to check for an AoB scan, but it's a proof of concept. In reality, we probably only need about 20 bytes of data or so. to get a good match... that's 5x 32bit values.

If I can get this set up, THEN we'll no longer need a PC to find pointers.... We can simply locate a place in RAM close to the values we need to hack... A place that might move around, but is always the same values and is always X amount of spaces away from our HP or w/e needs hacked.... If we just input that string of values as the input to an AoB scanner, it will find that string of values and we can instantly know where HP is, without needing a pointer.
That's pretty cool. I don't know what's more surprising, the fact that I understood all this or your post but either way I hope it works out. Just be sure to back everything up before you go testing. Don't want you to mess anything up and end up bricking your vita. I probably don't need to have to tell you that but since your freestyling with vitacheat codes would have even me paranoid a bit.

Last edited by monodevil,

NeoGranzon

シュウ 「グラビトロンカノン 発射!」
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

Don't worry @Suiseiseki ,i was with firmware 3.70 and vitacheat z05,i downgraded to 3.65 and installed vitacheat z06,the previous codes created and which are in the Github database,work perfectly at least in the games that i installed in my PsVita!

Inviato dal mio SM-N960F utilizzando Tapatalk

Last edited by NeoGranzon,

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's pretty cool. I don't know what's more surprising, the fact that I understood all this or your post but either way I hope it works out. Just be sure to back everything up before you go testing. Don't want you to mess anything up and end up bricking your vita. I probably don't need to have to tell you that but since your freestyling with vitacheat codes would have even me paranoid a bit.
lololol I know right?

I've been very careful so far, but I see no reason why I couldn't accidentally change a $B20E (Hack vitacheat) to something more dangerous.... like $B208 (SceShellSvc), or $B201 (SceLibKernel).... But I've been pretty careful not to even TRY messing with them, so That should be fine.

More importantly, when I apply the code, if my codes are not set up right....... It's just gone. The whole code gets overwritten in the cheat list. XD So, I've gotta make sure I have a copy on my PC just in case I need to re-send it to vita.

If I DO get it working, though, I'll add a page for it in TempAR to help make them. That way it can be auto-generated with correct values, because ATM it's going to require a lot of editing each time you make it.

Reactions: tomberyx

Ghoul43

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm kinda retarded and have absolutely no knowlege of how to create cheats, except some with a simple search (aka money cheats, etc)
But I can only create temporary cheats that are not working after I close and re-launch the game. Been looking all over for PCSB00986 cheats. Especially infinite HP.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm kinda retarded and have absolutely no knowlege of how to create cheats, except some with a simple search (aka money cheats, etc)
But I can only create temporary cheats that are not working after I close and re-launch the game. Been looking all over for PCSB00986 cheats. Especially infinite HP.
The cheats are temporary, because you need to make a pointer code for it. Give these two videos a look. https://github.com/r0ah/vitacheat/wiki/Finding-Pointers-With-TempAR-(Video)

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
should i update to 3.65 enso and use vitacheat z05? i ask because how i understood is that z04 on 3.60 doesnt support $B200 codes.
Z04 cannot use b200 codes at all (iirc)
z05 has partial b200 support
z06 has full support of b200 codes.

If I get this Array of Bytes scanner working, it will require z06 to function, as I need access to VitaCheat's Seg1, which is only available in z06.

Smoker1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Z04 cannot use b200 codes at all (iirc)
z05 has partial b200 support
z06 has full support of b200 codes.

If I get this Array of Bytes scanner working, it will require z06 to function, as I need access to VitaCheat's Seg1, which is only available in z06.
Just wish the Dev had implemented Homebrew Compatibility, and I think there was supposed to be a Pointer Search Function, but it did not get complete. Still waiting on a Reply from the Dev about if there is still work being done, or if the Source can be released so others can work to add Features.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so should i stay at 3.60 with no b200 support or change to 3.65 with support? what is better?
It's best to be on the current version. Some newer codes will not work at all with older versions. But, it's preference. If it breaks your other plugins, don't switch. I do recommend it though.

Purple_Heart

GBATemp´s weirdest Individual
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
- storagemgr
- nonpdrm
- 0syscall6
- repatch 2.7
- nopsmdrm
- vitacheat
- custom warning plugin
- dolcepolce
- download enabler
- a trophy message disable plugin
- pngshot
- shellbat
- Framecounter
- freepsm

(would be nice if you could tell me where i can look)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub:
  • Sheeba- @ Sheeba-:
    I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro
    Sheeba- @ Sheeba-: I can't wait to hack my 11.00 PS4 pro