Hacking VitaCheat/FinalCheat Database

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Adol code is ok but laxia code is not working,bro.
@tomberyx did u get laxia join you already? Mine is not working US version
Sahad codes also dond work. All other Character i didnt play so far but i have a bad feeling that codes dont work. I have to say ,nice work with adol Codes Yohoki, keep going :-)

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sahad codes also dond work. All other Character i didnt play so far but i have a bad feeling that codes dont work. I have to say ,nice work with adol Codes Yohoki, keep going :-)
I probably did my math wrong. I just added to the Adol codes to get laxia, and kept adding to get the others after that... so if Laxia isn't working, they all aren't. I'll fix it soon. :P

Reactions: dbzgts

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm just now seeing this, is there anything I need to set it to in the setting?
Not really a lot. Most of it's pretty straight forward. For most things, default is fine.

Pointer search depth: How deep you want your searches to go.
Level 1 is $3201 pointers, level 2 is $3202, etc. It's like looking at TempAR and auto opening so many levels deep. Sometimes it's useful to limit yourself to only 1-2, sometimes you may need higher.

Thread count: CPU Specs here.
I have a 4 core CPU with 8 threads, so I've put 8 threads. Look up your System Specs if you don't know this value. (Right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties' or right click the start menu and click 'System')

Pointer address alignment and Pointer value alignment: Adjust where pointers are located and where their addresses can point.
Vita is aligned to the 4 byte. So 4 on both of those. That just means that addresses can only be found at values like 81xxxxx0, 81xxxxx4, 81xxxxx8, 81xxxxxC. There will never be a pointer at other addresses, like 81xxxxx1... It's very uncommon for this to happen and I've never seen a Vita pointer that is not 4byte aligned.

Maximum Memory Chunk Size: How much RAM usage.
I limit it to ~1gb of RAM. It's pretty quick even with that little RAM and probably could even be lower. So, use this number if you like: 1000000000. Doesn't really limit the total ram usage of the program, though.

Offset range: Offset range...
Set's the maximum and minimum offset range. normally 0 - 4000 is enough... A lot of older codes (like God of War) used REALLY high offset values.... After looking at these in HxD, I've noticed they don't need to be that high at all. It's possible to also use negative value offsets. BE CAREFUL WITH THESE RANGES!!! Using too high an offset in UPS will freeze your computer!!! It will use too much RAM and your computer will have to be turned off by holding the power button down for several seconds. It will not recover from this freeze, even if let run overnight.... I've talked to the dev about this and he may try to fix it by having excess RAM be stored on the Hard Drive, but he hasn't made any changes yet.

Minimum pointer address: usually 1 is fine.

Address size: 4 bytes is correct for Vita.
8 byte addresses is for 64bit systems, 2 is for 16bit systems (and some 8bit systems), and 1 is for 8bit systems. Vita is 32bit system and it's addresses are stored as 4 byte long addresses.

The check marks are up to you. I recommend Native Searcher, as it's quicker. Exclude Loops is also nice to have on because we don't need loops.

When adding a dump, make sure you fill out 'Starting Address' as '81000000' and 'Byte Order' as 'Little Endian'

Another trick is that you can have UPS Auto fill out most the necessary info when adding dumps by naming your dumps correctly. I use this format: "PCSE00450_0x81000000_0x86000000_0_82CAA5F0.bin". By adding the address you need at the end, UPS will automatically fill in the address when adding a dump. This also let's you add entire folders of dumps at once if you tell it to.

Reactions: NeoGranzon

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not really a lot. Most of it's pretty straight forward. For most things, default is fine.

Pointer search depth: How deep you want your searches to go.
Level 1 is $3201 pointers, level 2 is $3202, etc. It's like looking at TempAR and auto opening so many levels deep. Sometimes it's useful to limit yourself to only 1-2, sometimes you may need higher.

Thread count: CPU Specs here.
I have a 4 core CPU with 8 threads, so I've put 8 threads. Look up your System Specs if you don't know this value. (Right click on 'My Computer' and click 'Properties' or right click the start menu and click 'System')

Pointer address alignment and Pointer value alignment: Adjust where pointers are located and where their addresses can point.
Vita is aligned to the 4 byte. So 4 on both of those. That just means that addresses can only be found at values like 81xxxxx0, 81xxxxx4, 81xxxxx8, 81xxxxxC. There will never be a pointer at other addresses, like 81xxxxx1... It's very uncommon for this to happen and I've never seen a Vita pointer that is not 4byte aligned.

Maximum Memory Chunk Size: How much RAM usage.
I limit it to ~1gb of RAM. It's pretty quick even with that little RAM and probably could even be lower. So, use this number if you like: 1000000000. Doesn't really limit the total ram usage of the program, though.

Offset range: Offset range...
Set's the maximum and minimum offset range. normally 0 - 4000 is enough... A lot of older codes (like God of War) used REALLY high offset values.... After looking at these in HxD, I've noticed they don't need to be that high at all. It's possible to also use negative value offsets. BE CAREFUL WITH THESE RANGES!!! Using too high an offset in UPS will freeze your computer!!! It will use too much RAM and your computer will have to be turned off by holding the power button down for several seconds. It will not recover from this freeze, even if let run overnight.... I've talked to the dev about this and he may try to fix it by having excess RAM be stored on the Hard Drive, but he hasn't made any changes yet.

Minimum pointer address: usually 1 is fine.

Address size: 4 bytes is correct for Vita.
8 byte addresses is for 64bit systems, 2 is for 16bit systems (and some 8bit systems), and 1 is for 8bit systems. Vita is 32bit system and it's addresses are stored as 4 byte long addresses.

The check marks are up to you. I recommend Native Searcher, as it's quicker. Exclude Loops is also nice to have on because we don't need loops.

When adding a dump, make sure you fill out 'Starting Address' as '81000000' and 'Byte Order' as 'Little Endian'

Another trick is that you can have UPS Auto fill out most the necessary info when adding dumps by naming your dumps correctly. I use this format: "PCSE00450_0x81000000_0x86000000_0_82CAA5F0.bin". By adding the address you need at the end, UPS will automatically fill in the address when adding a dump. This also let's you add entire folders of dumps at once if you tell it to.

I'm getting nothing, I tried with just 2 dumps and still nothing which is kind of strange. Am I suppose to fill out Last Pointer Offset in the settings too?

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm getting nothing, I tried with just 2 dumps and still nothing which is kind of strange. Am I suppose to fill out Last Pointer Offset in the settings too?
No that's to lock the offsets to certain numbers. Not usually useful unless you know what you're doing with them.

jialeyne19

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Last edited by jialeyne19,
Reactions: NeoGranzon

monodevil

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No that's to lock the offsets to certain numbers. Not usually useful unless you know what you're doing with them.
Huh? Wonder why I can't get this to work then? How long does it take for say 6 dumps? Whenever I start the search, it says its done in under 1.00 seconds with nothing found, even with just 2 dumps. With the dumps I'm using with tempAR, I can at least get reds so it doesn't seem to be the dump's themselves. Wondering if its my anti virus.

tomberyx

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Huh? Wonder why I can't get this to work then? How long does it take for say 6 dumps? Whenever I start the search, it says its done in under 1.00 seconds with nothing found, even with just 2 dumps. With the dumps I'm using with tempAR, I can at least get reds so it doesn't seem to be the dump's themselves. Wondering if its my anti virus.
I have the same issue. I tried everything to get it done but without success. Maybe someday somebody have a solution,hope so.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's finicky. It IS super quick, though. Having it done in under a second isn't a sign that it isn't working... It's just that fast sometimes.

But what IS and issue is it kicks out any pointers that are not in EVERY dump. For instance Maybe your target address is 81001337, so we only dump '81...' - '83...' like normal. Then, the pointer path in most of the dumps is inside that area and go something like '81001000'->'82002000'->'81001337'. That will work... but sometimes you may get a single dump that does something like this, '81001000'->'83001000'->'81001337'. That dump goes outside the range that we actually dumped... so TempAR will just ignore that dump and will make the address red instead of gold... UPS will say 'THAT POINTER ISN'T VALID!' and kick it out completely.

So, it's finicky sometimes.... but when it does work, it works REALLY quickly and really easily.

Also, yes... Antivirus can interfere with it. I use AVG and it pauses the scan to check what's up, but it's never stopped it completely. It just makes it take longer before displaying the results. Not really a big issue, more of an annoyance.

Last edited by Yohoki,

CrossOut

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
It's finicky. It IS super quick, though. Having it done in under a second isn't a sign that it isn't working... It's just that fast sometimes.

But what IS and issue is it kicks out any pointers that are not in EVERY dump. For instance Maybe your target address is 81001337, so we only dump '81...' - '83...' like normal. Then, the pointer path in most of the dumps is inside that area and go something like '81001000'->'82002000'->'81001337'. That will work... but sometimes you may get a single dump that does something like this, '81001000'->'83001000'->'81001337'. That dump goes outside the range that we actually dumped... so TempAR will just ignore that dump and will make the address red instead of gold... UPS will say 'THAT POINTER ISN'T VALID!' and kick it out completely.

So, it's finicky sometimes.... but when it does work, it works REALLY quickly and really easily.

Also, yes... Antivirus can interfere with it. I use AVG and it pauses the scan to check what's up, but it's never stopped it completely. It just makes it take longer before displaying the results. Not really a big issue, more of an annoyance.
Does AVG not have an option to exclude programs for being scanned? Surely there is an option somewhere where you can do this? I can do it with my anti virus program,you just go to the exclude open,then pick the file you want to exlcude and just hit save.

Yohoki

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does AVG not have an option to exclude programs for being scanned? Surely there is an option somewhere where you can do this? I can do it with my anti virus program,you just go to the exclude open,then pick the file you want to exlcude and just hit save.
Ya, AVG does... The issue is that UPS uses a file in a temp folder in %APPDATA%/temp/ . It uses a random folder name every time it runs, so I can't just exclude the folder it creates, since it's always different. And I'd rather not exclude the whole Temp in %APPDATA%, since lots of things create temp files there and it's a good place for viruses to turn up. So I just deal with it... it's a minor inconvenience at worst, and really only takes a few extra seconds to scan.

jialeyne19

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
eb12a1a5970d54dca4e0c9c454614020-full.png
[/URL]
Found one in 2013: infected wars

Last edited by jialeyne19,
Reactions: Yohoki

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum